Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I’ve been exhibiting at the UKGE and an RPG was run with the GM describing the characters getting raped. This was the reply by UKGE: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/morenews.php?id=497

tl;dr UKGE apologised to the player that reported the issue, is trying to reach the other players involved, cancelled all other games by the GM and kicked him out of the convention, banned him from submitting in the future and is now reviewing their submission guidelines to prevent this happening in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Swedraculas, apparently, Gotta Swedrac.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
"Good morning enjoyers of Darkness!... wait, the sun is out. I guess you're not enjoying it so much. Well, maybe it's not a good morning for you, with so much light. We'll pick this back up again in the evening?"

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
It is kind of amazing how Ericsson seems incapable of making any sort of public statement without somehow doing it in the worst way possible.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

"We didn't know what we were doing, a claustrophobic person was locked in a closet, and we also accidentally set a fire, but we weren't unsafe. Also I can only speak to this one incident over 20 years ago, I don't keep up anymore," sure is some kind of backup.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I imagine as the fire spread Ericsson yelling "Roll for fear Frenzy!!!!"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe a pissed off Outrage-using wraith tried to take out Ericsson with the fire.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Tekopo posted:

I’ve been exhibiting at the UKGE and an RPG was run with the GM describing the characters getting raped. This was the reply by UKGE: https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/morenews.php?id=497

tl;dr UKGE apologised to the player that reported the issue, is trying to reach the other players involved, cancelled all other games by the GM and kicked him out of the convention, banned him from submitting in the future and is now reviewing their submission guidelines to prevent this happening in the future

It even made the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-48483746

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Tekopo posted:

i used to think people were full of poo poo saying stuff like this but here you go

apparently some dude named Kevin Rolfe: url removed because its forbidden or something lmao

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 2, 2019

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tekopo posted:

Shocking no one, Desborough (noted rape apologist) is outraged that the convention would take any action, and the fash sites (reddit's gater subreddits and therpgsite) are talking about it being a witchunt.

By the look of it the convention dealt with it well in the end, but need to improve their reporting methods for events. BBC article on it is poo poo and has an awful title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-48483746

Also it's pretty clear this guy has a thing for underage sexual play in his games. This was from dragonmeet

quote:

GM Name : Kevin Rolfe
Game System : Tales from the Loop
Game Name : The Sleepover (18+ only)
Players : 6 (18+ only)
Description : As part of the science club you have been invited on a field trip to the old Cairn near Summers rock, thats on Saturday, Rob has arranged a sleepover on friday at his house as its close to Summers Rock, you can walk to the rock in the morning to meet Mr Jefferies...

You have each agreed to the sleepover, because of Robs step mum...

PST fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jun 2, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
For gently caress's sake. :gonk:

TFTL is explicitly not for that.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don’t think the reactionaries understand what the term “witch hunt” actually refers to.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

i used to think people were full of poo poo saying stuff like this but here you go

apparently some dude named Kevin Rolfe: https://archive.fo/anXgF

Of course you believed that people talking about awful creeps in the community were full of poo poo until your nose was rubbed in it

Again

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm shocked, shocked I say that you would use the link posted on a gamergate subreddit that hates Price in particular.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

How are you still so goddamn bad at this?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Kurieg posted:

How are you still so goddamn bad at this?

because he evidently spends all his time reading gamergaters telling him how it's just evil sjws making things up.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

apparently some dude named Kevin Rolfe: url removed because its forbidden or something lmao

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

url removed because its forbidden or something lmao

The issue isn't the URL, the issue is that you apparently frequent gamergate subreddits enough to find it. Like, seriously, the tweet is still up (and in no danger of being taken down) so using an archiver is unneccessary.

You still, still maintain this "Oh I am so amazingly shocked that there are bad actors in this community!" despite your breakdown back when zak was proven to be a bad person.

Oh wait you deleted those posts because we called you out for making it all about you.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 2, 2019

PST
Jul 5, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

url removed because its forbidden or something lmao

Being a fash-ally seems to go hand in hand with lying.

That url was posted in kotakuinaction. I searched around a bunch of other fash-supporting sites, and that was where it came from. I even created my own archive link to the tweet, and it was different, so you copy and pasted the link from the gaming alt-right.

Which means that's where you hang out, while at the same time continuing your terribad sealion impression (that you aren't even good at).

Given we have an entire thread all about how much SA trad games hates the fash, and yet you clearly hang out with them, and this thread is also a regular 'gently caress gamergate' on repeat, other than you wanting to copy things from here to post for updoots elsewhere, why the gently caress are you still here?

As in, if you're a gater, it's pretty obvious this is the last place you should be hanging out, because SA isn't all good with racism, homophobia and misogyny, which gaters slurp down like milkshakes splattering on their folk heroes.

EDIT: I forgot you love Zak as well, are you also all down with child abuse like desborough, or do you have some limits?

PST fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 2, 2019

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
You're right. I should have used a better source. I'll be much more careful in the future. I apologize.

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 2, 2019

PST
Jul 5, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You're right. I should have used a better source. I'll be much more careful in the future. I apologize.

Why were you hanging out on gamergate sites? Why did you quote from one, why didn't you just use the original tweet?

This isn't about apologising. You didn't say something dumb, you just put up your stupid green frog or whatever the gently caress flag and are now embarrassed at being caught out as hanging around with the fash. It's not the quote, it's where you got it from, and that you've dropped your trousers and shown that, as you've hinted at before, you love the fash.

So...why are you reading and quoting from gaters, when by the point you posted there were dozens of other avenues and reports to quote from, including the tweet itself, which gamergate love to archive because they're brokebrained fascist shitheads?

PST fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 2, 2019

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

PST posted:

It's not the quote, it's where you got it from, and that you've dropped your trousers and shown that, as you've hinted at before, you love the fash.

Where are you getting this from?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Your posts, mostly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Let's be fair, he seems to love awful people of all stripes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Your repeated need to defend abusers.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Tell you what, you answer all the questions you ignored, and i'll point you to the posts you'll want to delete to continue your 'just asking questions' cosplay going along with all the others you've tried to hide in the past.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

PST posted:

Tell you what, you answer all the questions you ignored, and i'll point you to the posts you'll want to delete to continue your 'just asking questions' cosplay going along with all the others you've tried to hide in the past.

You've given me a lot to think about regarding some of the stances I've taken and the places I've used links from. I can tell you right now that I have not now, nor have ever been a fascist(or pro child abuse or any of the other things you accuse me of).

I'm not feeling like the smartest person on the planet right now, I really thought walking away from some of the shittier people in the community, it was as simple as emailing Zak with a quick "gently caress off, and never speak to me again." and things would be fine. I realize now that no, not really, it's not that simple, and I've got a lot of work to do if I want to be a better person.

I'm being genuine here but if you don't accept that, I suppose that's the consequences of my actions. I accept them. That's life. I'm not sure where to start, but I guess I'll figure it out. Please don't take this as me running away, I've got a lot of thinking to do.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I'm being genuine here but if you don't accept that, I suppose that's the consequences of my actions. I accept them. That's life. I'm not sure where to start, but I guess I'll figure it out. Please don't take this as me running away, I've got a lot of thinking to do.

You didn't answer a single one of the pointed questions, all exposed by you being a gamergater. So no, I don't think you're genuine, just as you've not been genuine all the other times you've pulled this sort of crap.

PS You claimed you walked away from some of the shittiest people in community, but used a loving gamergate discussion about this issue to quote from (hint, they are the shittiest people, being a collection of homophobes, misogynists and alt-right wankers), then lied about it (something your hypocritical rear end has complained about in the past) and added to your immaturity with a 'lmao' to try and dismiss the entire issue, which you knew very well what you were being called out for.

PST fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 2, 2019

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
The Dice Must Troll.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

You can quit drugs all you want but if you keep hanging around your junkie friends and the places you crash at while high and watch what the drug dealers are up to, you're not gonna improve as a person and move on to other things. Quit looking at those poisonous websites. Start talking to new people who are different from that whole scene. Talk to the people they hated and support them. Sober up.

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Hostile V posted:

You can quit drugs all you want but if you keep hanging around your junkie friends and the places you crash at while high and watch what the drug dealers are up to, you're not gonna improve as a person and move on to other things. Quit looking at those poisonous websites. Start talking to new people who are different from that whole scene. Talk to the people they hated and support them. Sober up.

(He's actually a drug dealer in this analogy, being a CHUD troll.)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PST posted:

Given we have an entire thread all about how much SA trad games hates the fash,

We do?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You should stop hanging out with Nazis entirely, or else get out.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887733

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

How on earth did I miss this thread? Bookmarking and I expect I'll be reading through the whole drat thing.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Monokeros deAstris posted:

How on earth did I miss this thread? Bookmarking and I expect I'll be reading through the whole drat thing.

It goes off on a 40k derail in the middle. When you find that, skip ahead a few pages.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Angrymog posted:

It goes off on a 40k derail in the middle. When you find that, skip ahead a few pages.

Repeat these instructions every time this derail occurs.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This thread is like that thread, but good, because there are no derails about zerglings.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

edit: Y'know, not setting this garbage pile on fire again

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This thread is like that thread, but good, because there are no derails about zerglings.

Both threads are good and share common ground, but have different purposes, content and style. But, yeah, skip the 40k derails