Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I've been using a discord server that is pretty decent at calculating riven prices. I found it on a thread that is stickied on the warframe reddit.

I picked up an unrolled redeemer and supra rivens for 35p each last night so I've got some kuva grinding to do. If the discord I've been using is correct, unrolled redeemer rivens go for 10x that amount normally which seems insane to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
Question: if the long trip to/from Tau makes people infertile... where did Natah spring from?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Axegrinder posted:

Question: if the long trip to/from Tau makes people infertile... where did Natah spring from?

"people"

Sentients are AI constructs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My own unverified interpretation is that going there exposes them but sentients are still able to reproduce. The trip back fries the rest out of their gonad equivalents.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

SadisTech posted:

"people"

Yeah but it still makes them infertile, they bring it up. It's why they're looking for ways to make amalgams and poo poo since they can't make any more themselves.

And presumably she was made before the trip, papa calls her 'the last of my womb'.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SadisTech posted:

"people"

the sentients are kind of advanced enough to where your definition of 'people' is probably irrelevant

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Axegrinder posted:

They were originally sent to tau the slow way, building solar rails that use the void as they go. It's the trip back via the rails that zaps their balls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

natah is stored in oh no

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

natah is stored in oh no

Sniff sniff betrayers

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Hattie Masters posted:

Completely irrelevant to the current discussion but the MR9 test is one loving aggravating piece of bullshit.

I rocked a Lesta (whip?) and that was extremely good

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Hattie Masters posted:

Completely irrelevant to the current discussion but the MR9 test is one loving aggravating piece of bullshit.

I did this as Rhino with some random sword stealth killing dudes like a ninja. :smug:

I loving wish I thought of all the cheesy stuff people are recommending cause I had to practice a fair bit before I could get it down. Warframe is sure not a stealth game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

clone on the phone posted:

Sniff sniff betrayers

oh no

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I just thought about Disruption Arbitration

and unrelatedly the Garuda floating Video

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Hattie Masters posted:

you aint gonna like 19. Make sure to hang on to a redeemer/prime

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I found 19 to be extremely easy. Bring the Excal Umbra sword that makes you invisible after finishers and some kind of enemy radar and just scoot around the map killing all the enemies. There’s only like 8 of them and once they’re dead you can’t fail. Best to try it in practice first though!

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Opticor rivens aren't that crazy expensive. Riven.market has them from like 300 for an unrolled to 600. I sold one for 350 and a Glaxion riven the other day.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Judging by how Ballas looked when he got sentiented, the process seems to rip you apart at the taint

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

If you like the Komorex as much as I do, I might have a good suggestion for you: go into options -> interface -> scroll all the way down and disable Sniper Scopes.
In my experience (with Dolon Rubico too) it allows you to be way more fluent jumping around and even aiming around. Even if you're using another sniper rifle I definitely suggest trying this for a bit.

Now if only riven.market would update a bit faster, I might be able to pick one up at some point. :argh:

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

thylacine posted:

Opticor rivens aren't that crazy expensive. Riven.market has them from like 300 for an unrolled to 600. I sold one for 350 and a Glaxion riven the other day.

Oh dang really? My first ever Riven was for an Opticor that I just assumed was trash to be thrown out, as it's negative stat is damage %, something like minus 150% at max rank. If they're going for that much unrolled then I might as well offload it, I have no interest in Opticors.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
loving finally got past MR 9 test. I slept like poo poo last night, so I was tense as all gently caress. gently caress that test, gently caress it so hard.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
after MR 9 Steve Sinclair owns your soul

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The one thing Banshee is still good for is cheesing MR9 and 19, you can stand on the starting platform and snipe enemies from across the map with the redeemer. Banshee's passive means they never hear the shots.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soothing Vapors posted:

The one thing Banshee is still good for is cheesing MR9 and 19, you can stand on the starting platform and snipe enemies from across the map with the redeemer. Banshee's passive means they never hear the shots.

This is amazing -- I recently got a sniper rifle, and it's almost 100% one-shot-one-kill. Being able to do that silently? I need Banshee.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Banshee's one of my favorites. I run a high-Strength Resonance (Sonar augment) build and each weak point is something like 12x damage. If they stack up, it's really easy to get to 2 million, if not more damage.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Loki can also silence all weapons while stealthed, though with an Augment. Not sure if it's easier or harder to get than Banshee.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Echophonic posted:

Banshee's one of my favorites. I run a high-Strength Resonance (Sonar augment) build and each weak point is something like 12x damage. If they stack up, it's really easy to get to 2 million, if not more damage.

the "banshee is useless" cries are so odd to me, cuz Sonar is really amazing

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Seditiar posted:

Loki can also silence all weapons while stealthed, though with an Augment. Not sure if it's easier or harder to get than Banshee.

banshee is passive, cant invis in the MR9 test

btw technically MR19 is even worse, but by then you'll breeze through it with Banshee + Archgun (yeah gear is allowed lol) or similar

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tulip posted:

the "banshee is useless" cries are so odd to me, cuz Sonar is really amazing

I mean, Sonic Boom and Silence are both pretty questionable, to be fair. But Sonar and Sound Quake are pretty fun.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Echophonic posted:

I mean, Sonic Boom and Silence are both pretty questionable, to be fair. But Sonar and Sound Quake are pretty fun.

most frames have at least one if not two loser abilities, and frankly can be quite good even if 3 are afterthoughts. Even frames that have several good abilities typically wind up with builds that are 90% focused on one e.g Volt and Excalibur

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tulip posted:

most frames have at least one if not two loser abilities, and frankly can be quite good even if 3 are afterthoughts. Even frames that have several good abilities typically wind up with builds that are 90% focused on one e.g Volt and Excalibur
Once again making it weird that Nidus, the frame so often described as "just press 1 a lot," is the perfect "4 useful abilities each with their place in common use" choice

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Once again making it weird that Nidus, the frame so often described as "just press 1 a lot," is the perfect "4 useful abilities each with their place in common use" choice

Either whoever described him the first way doesn't know what they're talking about, or you misunderstood them.

If you're only going to use one Nidus ability and ignore the rest it'd be 2. His 1 is primarily relevant as a way to build up charge for his other powers, and only becomes a significant source of damage after you've charged it up a bunch already.

If you're playing Nidus well then yes, you're going to be using 1 far more often than any of his other abilities but that's because it has no cooldown and benefits from spam while the others are all more timing-based.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I finally scraped enough kat genes together to build Khora, I already have a Smeeta.

Please tell me I am done and finished and I never have to juice any more kats with a hammer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You need an adarza kavat for mastery and somebody was tweeting about a third kavat type this year.

so uh

sorry?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the previous version of banshee was a warcrimeframe just a step below the current volt and saryn. her nuke was killed, but they left sonar untouched. so yeah, while it kind of sucks that banshee only has one thing going for her now, sonar is still incredibly good.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

banshee is passive, cant invis in the MR9 test

btw technically MR19 is even worse, but by then you'll breeze through it with Banshee + Archgun (yeah gear is allowed lol) or similar

Haha, what, I'm almost sad I completed it before I could've just whipped out a silent Grattler, now.

Since we're talking about unexpectedly good and versatile frames with 4 useful powers: fuckin' Atlas has shot up from "I guess I need to run Jordas to farm him eventually" to one of my top 3 frames super fast, to the point that I'm going to save my next Umbra forma for Atlas Prime.
I'm running at ~80% power strength and his 1 still kills everything below sortie level in one hit thanks to my stat stick- and when it doesn't, I just punch more until I kill them. Rage and high efficiency mean I can spam his powers pretty freely, after all. And the third punch clears entire rooms, whether by death or by ragdolling (which is death but more funny on many outdoor maps anyway) .
2 is his most situational ability, and it's still pretty great at screwing with enemy AI pathing through doors. Covers Arby interception doors when you need to go grab loot or revive someone.
3 is a long stun in a huge cone that makes your 1 give free health and armor. I maxed range to make his 1 silly, but turns out "freeze all enemies in my field of view" is pretty good too!
4 is goofy but it a: stuns enemies in a decent sphere around you, and b: summons two super-tanky friends who crush enemies one kneecap at a time. It's an amazing distraction when you need to revive some squishy meatframe who is not an unkillable mountain like you are.

Add in the Karst skin and you even have top-tier fashion frame.

Atlas very good.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Echophonic posted:

sonic boom is really good with the augment for it - enough power strength lets you strip 100% of armor

silence is good mostly for the stun effect thats inflicted on enemies who enter the aoe. its awkward because the stun is a lot easier to control the less range you have. full on sonar builds with a lot of range will find it hard to get reliable use out of it. my general purpose banshee build has 100% range even as a kind of compromise between sonar and silence. it is very good at keeping you from being killed if you can get used to how fiddly it is. the build that can make best use of silence is the savage silence chain finisher build where you gouge range with narrow minded.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

SpruceZeus posted:

silence is good mostly for the stun effect thats inflicted on enemies who enter the aoe. its awkward because the stun is a lot easier to control the less range you have.

I was just about to point out the stun aspect. It's a decent defense skill as long as you are constantly moving e.g., spin-to-win melee.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If Banshee had any good survivability tools built into her kit I would play her all the time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have an extra Anti-Grav Array? I have extras of Odomedic and Gale Kick to trade. Been running labs all weekend and haven't gotten one yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

yea banshee doesnt really have one silver bullet defensive skill like shatter shield or null star, instead she has a bunch of different pretty minor tricks that you have to stack up on top of each other in order to stay alive in high level content

it's something i appreciate a lot about her but also it means that i'm not always in the mood to play her cuz doing so isn't at all chill or relaxed like many other frames are