Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

That actually makes more sense. I'd rather know what characters I have and write a story to fit to them than write a story have be told I have to fit certain characters into.

I mean more like, they have a pitch for an X book and they're told "that's a great idea, but you we want to bring back Colossus, not Magik"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Tom King wanted to do an Atomic Knights story, but Didio insisted on Mister Miracle. And his original pitch when offered Vision was a space story.

EDIT: So, the Wally West Suicide Squad is a lock, right?

I don't think there is a Suicide Squad right now judging by what's going down in Superman with Amanda Waller.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wasn’t that the rumor though?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is there no Suicide Squad ongoing right now?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

I don't think there is a Suicide Squad right now judging by what's going down in Superman with Amanda Waller.

She's not dead or anything. It's probably pretty prime time for her to reboot the team.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Please don't let that rumor be true.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wasn’t that the rumor though?

I thought the rumor was that Azzerelo was going to do a Suicide Squad book. Also, it isn't like Wally being in a black ops book is unprecedented. Afterall there was Justice League Elite.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Holler!
https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1133866183239688192

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Nice! The comic store exclusive Mister Miracle hardcover came out this month, by the way.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
What a day to announce that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nice! The comic store exclusive Mister Miracle hardcover came out this month, by the way.

Not here. I called NINE comic shops in Orlando, stopped by every single comic vendor at MegaCon, and dropped by Midtown Comics when I was in New York over the weekend, and nobody received it. It sounds like Diamond shorted everyone, and I missed the chance to get King and Gerads to sign it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Oh, drat. I just put my order in last week.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Not here. I called NINE comic shops in Orlando, stopped by every single comic vendor at MegaCon, and dropped by Midtown Comics when I was in New York over the weekend, and nobody received it. It sounds like Diamond shorted everyone, and I missed the chance to get King and Gerads to sign it.
Just find whatever old Mister Miracle comic you can find by lovely old hacks, like the original series or whatever. King will take credit for you knowing who it is regardless!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm rereading Preacher for the first time in over a decade, and other than the really stupid and corny Bill Hicks stuff it still kicks rear end.

For some reason I always assumed it was an Image comic, so it kind of weirded me out to see the Vertigo markers all over the trades. What's the deal with the rights? Not that anyone should, but if someone wanted to make Preacher 2, who would they have to go through?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

fadam posted:

I'm rereading Preacher for the first time in over a decade, and other than the really stupid and corny Bill Hicks stuff it still kicks rear end.

For some reason I always assumed it was an Image comic, so it kind of weirded me out to see the Vertigo markers all over the trades. What's the deal with the rights? Not that anyone should, but if someone wanted to make Preacher 2, who would they have to go through?

A decent chunk of old Vertigo is creator owned, so for Preacher they'd probably need permission from Garth Ennis and maybe Steve Dillon's estate as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I believe Preacher is technically creator-owned, but DC/Vertigo has publishing rights indefinitely.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You might be confused with Garth Ennis's The Boys which started Vertigo but went to image after the first story arc

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Jiro posted:

I wonder if Doomsday Clock had actually been on time and not elongated/whatever, if this issue would be as interesting as you all are saying. Is it because they finally got to the fireworks factory, or it's just the thing that everyone knew was going to happen for like, 2 years is finally being explained?
I thought that Manhattan's reaction to the DCU, and how and why its constantly shifting timelines were confusing for him, was a very interesting take on the multiversal (Manhattan would say "metaversal") nature of this reality and how...well, how any reader who wasn't familiar with the DCU might see the DCU. The timeline of this world was already hosed up in a lot of ways, and Manhattan -- in his very confused state because just physically existing in this fractured universe is confusing for him -- just wanted to see how Superman is at the lynchpin of it all.

Or hey, or it's just Johns on his sixth-year attempt to make us forget that it was Barry Allen who hosed it all up. Whichever.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

I thought that Manhattan's reaction to the DCU, and how and why its constantly shifting timelines were confusing for him, was a very interesting take on the multiversal (Manhattan would say "metaversal") nature of this reality and how...well, how any reader who wasn't familiar with the DCU might see the DCU. The timeline of this world was already hosed up in a lot of ways, and Manhattan -- in his very confused state because just physically existing in this fractured universe is confusing for him -- just wanted to see how Superman is at the lynchpin of it all.

Or hey, or it's just Johns on his sixth-year attempt to make us forget that it was Barry Allen who hosed it all up. Whichever.

Barry Allen and Speedsters are the bulwark to protect against metaversal threats usually, but like any immune system, they sometimes gently caress up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Barry Allen and Speedsters are the bulwark to protect against metaversal threats usually, but like any immune system, they sometimes gently caress up.

So Wally West is now Lupus?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Well, to distract from the unpleasant taste of Heroes in Crisis... The Last Knight on Earth #1 was fun. I liked the misleading first third, even though those kind of fakeouts usually poo poo me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

So Wally West is now Lupus?

Speedsters are never lupus

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I picked up Leviathan Rising mainly for Rucka and Fraction, but enjoyed the main plot of "Villains kidnap Clark Kent as bait for Superman, who goes along with it for a story, only to get actually trapped by the kryptonite meant to trap Superman." I'm a bit disappointed that isn't the plot of the whole event, as a team of super detectives racing against the clock to rescue Superman is a pretty decent hook. Sadly, I lost interest as soon as he was rescued this issue, as I couldn't care less about the secret identity of Mysterious Mech Hood.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

glitchwraith posted:

I picked up Leviathan Rising mainly for Rucka and Fraction, but enjoyed the main plot of "Villains kidnap Clark Kent as bait for Superman, who goes along with it for a story, only to get actually trapped by the kryptonite meant to trap Superman." I'm a bit disappointed that isn't the plot of the whole event, as a team of super detectives racing against the clock to rescue Superman is a pretty decent hook. Sadly, I lost interest as soon as he was rescued this issue, as I couldn't care less about the secret identity of Mysterious Mech Hood.

Yeah, and I wanna know what happened with Gorilla Jimmy. Did I, uh, miss a huge chunk of other things happening?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

graybook posted:

Yeah, and I wanna know what happened with Gorilla Jimmy. Did I, uh, miss a huge chunk of other things happening?

Guessing that was the point. Lois was dressed as Talia too without explanation.
I think a good joke would have been if he was just in huge clothing, which is all he could get after his situation in that place.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it gave is this panel which is great. idc about anything else.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
New Wild Storm: I hope the Wildcats aren't going to be entirely sidelined or, worse, made into villains at some point - the runs of Alan Moore and Joe Casey endeared them to me a lot, certainly more than the Authority, who were assholes. Of course the Authority was Ellis' baby...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hard to do that when they're the subject of the next series.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 1, 2019

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hard to do that when they're the subject of the next series.

Oh is that how it's gonna play out? I know there's a tangled plan involving several series to go but wasn't sure we knew much about how each volume would differ.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wildcats was announced with the August solicits. The Wild Storm ends next issue, but Cats is still Ellis.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm in a panel with Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis and it's pretty great. They had no idea what was going to happen with Max Lord our Identity Crisis while writing I Can't Believe its Not Justice League. Also DeMatteis apparently had no clue who any of the JLI characters were.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I'm in a panel with Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis and it's pretty great. They had no idea what was going to happen with Max Lord our Identity Crisis while writing I Can't Believe its Not Justice League. Also DeMatteis apparently had no clue who any of the JLI characters were.

Do you mean when he started writing them, or at the panel?

Is this at GalaxyCon? I've met Giffen before, and I'm psyched to be meeting DeMatteis at HeroesCon in two weeks. (Giffen and Maguire will both be there too.)

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 1, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry, yes, when he started writing them. He was quite lucid during the panel! And yeah, GalaxyCon. Good panel. I highly recommend catching them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

9 issue monthly out of continuity Joker/Harley comic announced.
https://twitter.com/kamigarcia/status/1135215331528433664
The writer is a YA novelist who's also doing the Teen Titans focused Ink GNs.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 2, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tom King showed Jim Lee and some CW ladies his old stomping ground.

Whatever you think about that, we got this sillyass image out of it:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 3, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay so both versions of Wally are in the present day now?

This is dumb.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Even ignoring the Extremely Bad Political Reading Especially in 2019, HiC was very very bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's really bad. Did I mis read this, one Wally is in jail and the other is running free?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like how it's obvious the ending was changed last minute given how Lagoon Boy died two different ways, the first time he was stabbed after discovering the dead bodies outside and after the reveal he was killed by the electricity from the speedforce at the same time as everyone else. I'd guess before it was made to be an accident that it was going to be Wally actually killing people outright.

Of course Tom King just denied it and said "Speedforce did it" which is even funnier.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1134784177897758722

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is so stupid, of all the characters we don't need two of, a Flash is at the top of the list.