Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

This reminded me of Wren, and I seriously just teared up a little.

gently caress cancer.

And Nannypea too. I don’t post much in the cancer thread out of respect for the sufferers there, but Wren and Nannypea were some of the best and it’s so wrong that they’re gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

This is wonderful :love:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
you either get out or live long enough to see yourself get perma'd

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
you either get perma'd or live long enough to see yourself emptyquote franco :negative:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

nankeen posted:

you either get perma'd or live long enough to see yourself emptyquote franco :negative:

Or both

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Perennial rereg/schizophrenic Jon POP was ok provided he never committed any crimes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

El_Elegante posted:

Perennial rereg/schizophrenic Jon POP was ok provided he never committed any crimes.

I didn’t want to see him naked on the potty

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jon Pop was basically a proto-incel. I remember his whole deal about how he's unfuckable because he's a short black guy and when he posted his height it's literally the national average for African-American males.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Jon Pop was basically a proto-incel. I remember his whole deal about how he's unfuckable because he's a short black guy and when he posted his height it's literally the national average for African-American males.

The genuine incels that show up from time to time are always amazing. One guy (who PMed me a lot) whined about being short and ugly despite being bang on average height, and when he posted a picture everyone who saw it said he was decent looking and just needed to use slightly more flattering camera angles.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you use your height as the reason why you have a hard time picking up women at the club or whatever, yeah, I can see that. That definitely plays a role. If you're using it as an excuse for not having a long-term girlfriend, lol no, it's your personality or the fact that you're repellent in some other way. Most of the short guys I know in real life don't seem to have a problem in this department.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m a short af gay dude and I still get women sometimes who make eyes with me about town. Presumably bc I take showers and shave symmetrically bc I also do NOT have a hot bod these days!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Women don't talk to incels because we can smell the crazy, like dogs. Also, not all of us are into Star Trek.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Women don't talk to incels because we can smell the crazy, like dogs. Also, not all of us are into Star Trek.

A reliable source has told me that children, of all genders, are your go-to if you want to flirt about Star Trek

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A reliable source has told me that children, of all genders, are your go-to if you want to flirt about Star Trek

Gene Roddenberry didn't ask "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" without a reason.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There used to be a lot of posters with an av of some fat dude w the text saying something like “will never amount to anything” and I wanna know why

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

CAROL posted:

There used to be a lot of posters with an av of some fat dude w the text saying something like “will never amount to anything” and I wanna know why

My recall is hazy, but it may have been residual from an E/N or maybe fitness mod challenge. :shrug:

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

"Will amount to nothing in life"

SAclopedia entry (has a link to the thread in question, which requires archives).

Also when making this post i discovered the image file is called "hotstuff.jpg".

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

WrenP-Complete posted:

I am a-okay. Too many bug bites from trying to clear a space for a new rhododendron to live here, but nothing deadly. :)

Aw yay :)

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Nostalgamus posted:

SAclopedia entry (has a link to the thread in question, which requires archives).

Also when making this post i discovered the image file is called "hotstuff.jpg".

The best part of this whole charade was that trollstormur is a woman and my favorite following post in that thread (I don't have archives...) was something along the lines of

[ ] Male
[ ] Female
[x] Goon

It still cracks me up after so many years

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Somfin posted:

The genuine incels that show up from time to time are always amazing. One guy (who PMed me a lot) whined about being short and ugly despite being bang on average height, and when he posted a picture everyone who saw it said he was decent looking and just needed to use slightly more flattering camera angles.

There was a dude in e/n who claimed he couldn't make friends because he was fat. After a few posts, he mentioned that he was 250lb.

I started laughing because that's about how much I weigh, and I have made friends.

He then PMed me just before he got permabanned to say that I was wrong about his weight holding him back. I forget his original username, because he PMed me as a rereg.

Edit: forgot to screencap the title.

mojo1701a has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Jun 2, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A worthy goal, at least.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

mojo1701a posted:

There was a dude in e/n who claimed he couldn't make friends because he was fat. After a few posts, he mentioned that he was 250lb.

I started laughing because that's about how much I weigh, and I have made friends.

He then PMed me just before he got permabanned to say that I was wrong about his weight holding him back. I forget his original username, because he PMed me as a rereg.

Edit: forgot to screencap the title.

He's not wrong, he's just right for the wrong reasons. Him being fat is keeping him from making friends because he obviously acts like a shithead because of it.

Also, 250 really isn't fat, depending on other things. I bet Terry Crews weighs in at more than that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RFC2324 posted:

He's not wrong, he's just right for the wrong reasons. Him being fat is keeping him from making friends because he obviously acts like a shithead because of it.

Also, 250 really isn't fat, depending on other things. I bet Terry Crews weighs in at more than that.

I mean, you’re right, but people complaining about how their weight makes them awkward and antisocial probably aren’t beefcakes.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm 6'5" and 250 is just edging into overweight territory. But obviously that's the reason no one likes me

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arnold Schwarzenegger weighed about 250 during his bodybuilding days so uh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Also he's pretty short

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger weighed about 250 during his bodybuilding days so uh

BMI is not a useful index. It actually just mathematically scales incorrectly to height.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I weigh 250 pounds but most of it is in my left nipple so I'm pretty fit, actually.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

fool_of_sound posted:

BMI is not a useful index. It actually just mathematically scales incorrectly to height.

It wouldn’t be called the best mass indicator if it was badly flawed

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm so relieved because I thought it was something intrinsic to my character or personality

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
RIP all the 7 foot tall bodybuilders who became bulemic bc BMI lied to them

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean, you’re right, but people complaining about how their weight makes them awkward and antisocial probably aren’t beefcakes.

Yeah, but the point is thats really not all that big. Even its all fluffy fat, its in line with normal in the US anyway.

And if it all all fluffy fat, its indicative of being too lazy to actually do anything fun with. Even huge people who do a bare basic of having a life end up with a bunch of muscle from carrying all their own fat around.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah, but the point is thats really not all that big. Even its all fluffy fat, its in line with normal in the US anyway.

And if it all all fluffy fat, its indicative of being too lazy to actually do anything fun with. Even huge people who do a bare basic of having a life end up with a bunch of muscle from carrying all their own fat around.

Word up. Large lads who slim down have the sort of ripped calves that all the slender gym rats crave.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i'm immense and all-encompassing, my benevolence outweighed only by my glorious thighs

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Nostalgamus posted:

I think there's only one or two of us with that avatar left.

I should probably change it one of these days.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Somfin posted:

Word up. Large lads who slim down have the sort of ripped calves that all the slender gym rats crave.

Me IRL. Owns.

Happily married to the girl of my dreams for 16 years. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i felt a sudden calling to this thread for some reason