Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

I have a single Wiha bit holding driver and a bunch of cheap HDX and Walmart screwdrivers. That Wera set makes me jealous. :extremedadness:

So whats so great about the wera? Im all for buying quality tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Theyve got laser engraved tips and ergonomic handles, which both sound like useless feature marketing wank, but theyre seriously great improvements. The laser grooves really do grab into the bit, and the handle doesnt roll away when you set it down. The way they grab into the bits really stops them from stripping out, highly recommend!

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

*German quality!* (made in the Czech Republic)

I don't know, I still don't have them so I can't confirm, but I mainly bought them for their Philips drivers because they are supposedly made with better materials (harder metal?) so the tips shouldn't round over as easily as the cheap ones I've always bought. Also, *Lasertips* so they don't cam out of the screws as much? Oh who am I kidding, their best feature is probably their marketing department.

I also ordered some hex wrenches and I'm curious if their "hex plus" patent actually does anything obvious (there are videos that show it does prevent damage to the screw when applying a lot of torque, but I probably won't get close to ever needing it.)

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I have both the screwdrivers and the hex plus drivers and can verify that they work very well and as advertised. It seems like marketing wank, but is not. Wera makes Really Good poo poo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LG B8 4K OLED with SK9Y sound bar/subwoofer/rear speakers

edit: apparently imgur changed the way you link to embedded images

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 00:07 on Jun 3, 2019

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Wifi Toilet posted:

*German quality!* (made in the Czech Republic)

I don't know, I still don't have them so I can't confirm, but I mainly bought them for their Philips drivers because they are supposedly made with better materials (harder metal?) so the tips shouldn't round over as easily as the cheap ones I've always bought. Also, *Lasertips* so they don't cam out of the screws as much? Oh who am I kidding, their best feature is probably their marketing department.

I also ordered some hex wrenches and I'm curious if their "hex plus" patent actually does anything obvious (there are videos that show it does prevent damage to the screw when applying a lot of torque, but I probably won't get close to ever needing it.)

Maybe not Wera brand but I got a set of Wiha precision screwdrivers at work. We had a couple different sets of screwdrivers and bits and the Wiha were often the only screwdrivers that could take out tiny machine screws without stripping them while working on electronics. I imagine its the same deal with the Wera brand as well.

obi_ant posted:

Ive never even touched a potato my whole life, so a Nespresso was totally up my alley.

Never touched a potato... you liar. Just going on the internet and lying your face off. Don't come crying to us when your pants light up you liar. LIAR.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm in an antique shop and I never go in them but can someone tell me if it's normal for them to have a bunch of nazi poo poo for sale because it's kind of hosed up imo

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm in an antique shop and I never go in them but can someone tell me if it's normal for them to have a bunch of nazi poo poo for sale because it's kind of hosed up imo

If it's a place that specializes in "militaria" and has other military stuff then that's kind of normal. If it's just old furniture and normal antiques and then a bunch of Nazi stuff that's pretty weird

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nah, shits weird yo. Like, even hanging onto the truncheon knife your grandpa knicked off a dead German soldier is weird. Like, why would you want that in your house?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Oh okay. Yeah it had everything you could think of including tons of military stuff. Just jarring.

Phone posting but I bought a bunch of 90s Star Wars Micro Machine sets NIB from said store.

E: Regarding nazi stuff, I texted my antique friend and he said it's normal and for a "very specific kind of collector," and I just kind of said "Yeah... nazis."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Tim Whatley posted:

An old DM of mine collects "German War Memorabilia" because "it's his heritage" and I stopped playing shortly after he wouldn't explicitly denounce Nazi Germany while dancing around the point :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

LG B8 4K OLED with SK9Y sound bar/subwoofer/rear speakers

edit: apparently imgur changed the way you link to embedded images

Let me know how you like it because I'm thinking of buying one of these in the next month or so. Looked great in the store, but living with the LG settings menu gives me some pause because I hate it on my old LG.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

An old DM of mine collects "German War Memorabilia" because "it's his heritage" and I stopped playing shortly after he wouldn't explicitly denounce Nazi Germany while dancing around the point :(

He likes nazis dude

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let me know how you like it because I'm thinking of buying one of these in the next month or so. Looked great in the store, but living with the LG settings menu gives me some pause because I hate it on my old LG.

I got an LG C8 and just followed the rtings setup guide. It was very easy to do just took maybe 20 minutes?

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

1redflag posted:

Like, even hanging onto the truncheon knife your grandpa knicked off a dead German soldier is weird. Like, why would you want that in your house?

because it's something your grandad gave to you from both presumably an incredibly important time in his life and an interesting historical object from one of the most significant events of the 20th century - you're not going to turn into a nazi if you don't mindlessly chuck it away, don't be so fragile

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ulex minor posted:

because it's something your grandad gave to you from both presumably an incredibly important time in his life and an interesting historical object from one of the most significant events of the 20th century - you're not going to turn into a nazi if you don't mindlessly chuck it away, don't be so fragile

can I show you grampie's ear necklace from viet nam?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That sounds less cool than loot that he found off of a dead enemy but yeah whip it out.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ulex minor posted:

Agreed. That is some pathetic poo poo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ulex minor posted:

Hitlerjugend knife is one thing

Teeth with gold fillings pried out of a Japanese soldier's mouth on Tarawa is another.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At least the teeth wouldn't make you a nazi.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

ArmZ posted:

can I show you grampie's ear necklace from viet nam?

No thanks, I couldnt eat another bite

mystes
May 31, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

At least the teeth wouldn't make you a nazi.
Harvesting teeth from people just makes you George Washington.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I recently bought the LG 55 C8, and absolutely love it. Coming from a 42 inch 1080p, the difference in picture quality is enormous. Real 4k content like "Our Planet" and "F1: Drive to Survive" is just so detailed and vibrant. I don't regret it for an instant.

Since the C9 has just come out (with really minor changes), there's some great deals to be had on the older model.

The menu wasn't that hard. The remote has a gyroscope in it to navigate. You're only in the menu for a little while anyway to set up the display settings.

Content: just bought some Dutch theatre tickets for the coming season. 7 shows for about 150. I won't bore you with names no one outside of this country has heard of.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The 77 LG C8 was on sale last week so I bought it.

What up OLED crew

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New watch, Vostok 2403. Always wanted one and now super stoked I have one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I bought a condo. I am now Solice Kirsk "homeowner."

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Let's party with beer and brats.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just did the same. It feels pretty loving good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Solice Kirsk posted:

More like homo, nerd

LMAO got em

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

More like homo, nerd

LMAO got em

:vince:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Megabound posted:

New watch, Vostok 2403. Always wanted one and now super stoked I have one.

That's one huge wedding ring.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Oldstench posted:

Not really, long skinny hands look weird with 5mm or less bands. Looks like 10 or 12 mm band.

What is the ring made from? Looks almost like a stretched neck from a rifle casing.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Oldstench posted:

JEEVES420 posted:

Not really, long skinny hands look weird with 5mm or less bands. Looks like 10 or 12 mm band.

What is the ring made from? Looks almost like a stretched neck from a rifle casing.

It's only 11mm wide, but long skinny hands. It's actually 2 rings soldered together. My dad's wedding ring and my grandfather's wedding ring.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just bought a new mobile bar, bed frame and headboard, area rug, couch, two entertainment centers, end tables, and I'm gonna start looking at TVs tomorrow. Figured in for a penny in for a pound.

Also managed to scrape the hardwood floor in my spare room a tiny little bit and also picked at what I thought was a bit dirt on my wall, but turned out to be apoxy or something and tore a nice little chunk of the paint off by the baseboards.

I'm not cut out for homeownership.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Just got this trilobite fossil in the mail:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

Just got this trilobite fossil in the mail:

It's an uncommon design for a buttplug but at least you picked one with a proper flared base

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's an uncommon design for a buttplug but at least you picked one with a proper flared base

Also, ribbed:getin:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I hope some evolved species uses me as a butt plug in 50,000 years.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rolo posted:

I hope some evolved species uses me as a butt plug in 50,000 years.

Like some sort of "I have no mouth and I must scream" situation. An immobile but conscious eternal buttplug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I've been hearing about the Sony WH-1000XM3 non-stop lately, supposedly a Bose killer in terms of active noise cancellation technology. I got lucky and picked up a pair for relatively cheap on eBay.

This is my first pair of ANC headphones and I really love them! They're super comfy and sound quality is great. I really like the ambient noise mode, where it lets in sound from your environment, so you don't get mowed down by a car or bike when you're out for a walk, for example.

Also I really love the rose gold accents :swoon: