Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Hey guys when I pee there's so much blood in my urine it looks like Hawaiian punch, and it takes me three hours to pass a stool, and I keep having these strange blackouts and losing large chunks of time and I have an unquenchable thirst that I fill with a 2 liter of Mountain Dew and sometimes my heart tingles weird whenever I walk up stairs... should I be concerned? Is this normal?

For goons, yes.

For regular, functioning adults... no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Last time i drank Sunny D I was super drunk and thought it was awesome I don’t know if it actually holds up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

hifi posted:

basketball doesn't let you go straight out of high school, you have to spend a year away from high school, whether it be in the g league/ncaa/foreign professional. i think the g league option is new this year.

baseball i think whatever goes but generally you go from high school to being drafted or college

In baseball you can go straight out of high school without losing your college eligibility if you don't sign. this is also fairly exploitative because if you sign an agent then you lose your college eligibility, so these fresh out of high school kids are expected to negotiate on their own behalves. Agents act as "advisers" to get around this, but the second someone lets the word 'agent' slip or if the adviser does any agent action on the player's behalf (they almost always do) the team can gently caress the kid over. The Phillies and Astros both famously hosed over draft picks. In the Phillies case, they reported to the NCAA that two players that hadn't signed had used an agent. In the Astros case, they rescinded a signing bonus because the way things played out with their first overall pick would have caused the signing bonus to the other player (Jacob Nix) to cause them to lose their next two first round picks

If you don't sign you can still forego college and spend a year at a baseball academy or something and re-enter the draft. I think once you go to college you can't re-enter until you've been in college for three years

e: Might be that you have to wait three years to enter the draft again without losing your college eligibility. Mark Appel is a good example of a player who didn't sign and went back for one more year. He's also a good example of a draft bust

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 3, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In my last performance review I basically set an ultimatum, I needed a significant raise this year or I was gonna bail. After almost 15 years at this company, my salary is lagging well behind similarly-experienced people who jump jobs every 5 years because that's the opportunity you generally get to bump up salary.

Anyway we had layoffs and cuts but I just got the news: promotion, and an 18% raise. Woohoo

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

In my last performance review I basically set an ultimatum, I needed a significant raise this year or I was gonna bail. After almost 15 years at this company, my salary is lagging well behind similarly-experienced people who jump jobs every 5 years because that's the opportunity you generally get to bump up salary.

Anyway we had layoffs and cuts but I just got the news: promotion, and an 18% raise. Woohoo

:hellyeah:

Congrats man!

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Leperflesh posted:

Very nice! Congrats on that big pay bump

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Intruder posted:

In baseball you can go straight out of high school without losing your college eligibility if you don't sign. this is also fairly exploitative because if you sign an agent then you lose your college eligibility, so these fresh out of high school kids are expected to negotiate on their own behalves. Agents act as "advisers" to get around this, but the second someone lets the word 'agent' slip or if the adviser does any agent action on the player's behalf (they almost always do) the team can gently caress the kid over. The Phillies and Astros both famously hosed over draft picks. In the Phillies case, they reported to the NCAA that two players that hadn't signed had used an agent. In the Astros case, they rescinded a signing bonus because the way things played out with their first overall pick would have caused the signing bonus to the other player (Jacob Nix) to cause them to lose their next two first round picks

If you don't sign you can still forego college and spend a year at a baseball academy or something and re-enter the draft. I think once you go to college you can't re-enter until you've been in college for three years

e: Might be that you have to wait three years to enter the draft again without losing your college eligibility. Mark Appel is a good example of a player who didn't sign and went back for one more year. He's also a good example of a draft bust

Didn’t the tampa bay bucs gently caress with bo jackson’s college baseball eligibility even though he wasn’t going to play for them?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Didn’t the tampa bay bucs gently caress with bo jackson’s college baseball eligibility even though he wasn’t going to play for them?

Yeah they flew him out to meet them or something without telling him that was an NCAA violation and he missed the last half of his senior baseball season. I don't think he had anything against them before that, but after that he basically was never going to play for them.

The Bucs in those years were comically incompetent, like way more so than anyone since and we've had a lot of incompetent franchises.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

I didn't realize wikipedia had it in their budget.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

:effort:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I suspect the Buccs thought if they ruined his baseball eligibility he'd play for them since he was pretty clearly better at football. He said gently caress you and entered the MLB draft instead

He had some fun baseball moments but he was just a guy really compared to being an all time football great. Although the year before his hip injury he had a pretty monster season for the Royals and had been trending upward every year of his career to that point so maybe he would have been an all timer

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m the guy on the left trying not to laugh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
im the ghost manifesting itself on melanias dress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So Trump looking semi normal only lasted one day

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bunch of old dumbaases

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

So you're Eric Trump?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

I'm the chandelier trying to pose as a sombrero on Trump's head.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

waah posted:

So you're Eric Trump?

https://twitter.com/rolldiggity/status/884980384286482432?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Petite Dinklage posted:

I am looking at expanding my cooking options w/r/t different cuts of beef. Does anyone have a link to a great guide that explains all the different kinds and what you can do with them/what they are best for? TIA meat friends

Someone answer me my family is starving

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I always love how poofy Trump's pants are. Does he really think no one notices how tiny his feet look in them?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Trump face is literally my face every time I have to dress up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Petite Dinklage posted:

Someone answer me my family is starving

get REAL beefy bitch!!@!

thats the extent of my knowlege on the subject

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

weird Asian candy posted:

Trump face is literally my face every time I have to dress up

I was like this for awhile but I had to dress up every day for catholic school, and then had a job in the military that required I put on dress blues for embassy parties and such. I was grandmaster in my Masonic lodge last year so I had to buy a tux, so I spent some money on a pretty sweet Hugo Boss tuxedo, and now I don't mind it as much.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1135403624111038464

This is the content I crave

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I was like this for awhile but I had to dress up every day for catholic school, and then had a job in the military that required I put on dress blues for embassy parties and such. I was grandmaster in my Masonic lodge last year so I had to buy a tux, so I spent some money on a pretty sweet Hugo Boss tuxedo, and now I don't mind it as much.

I am so incredibly uncomfortable whenever I have to dress up, probably because I never have to. I cannot wait to get home and rip that poo poo off when I do.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

pretty nice sprint actually. from the home invaders perspective it must've been pretty shocking to see all that flying at you

weird Asian candy posted:

I am so incredibly uncomfortable whenever I have to dress up, probably because I never have to. I cannot wait to get home and rip that poo poo off when I do.

It's the same for me. Usually I don't even wait to take it off, once people are drunk enough to not notice I'll just ditch it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Depressing thought: pretty sure the fairly small amount of volunteer work I did building wikipedia pages has a greater net benefit to humanity than all the work I've ever done helping to document enterprise software administration and developer platforms.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hey, here's one of the photos I took in Glencoe, Scotland. Bury me here

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

Baseball has weird rules that if you play for a JuCo, you can enter the draft after two years instead of three. It’s a calculated risk because you get more exposure at the bigger schools. You can always play JuCo for two and go to a bigger school for the last two years though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Petite Dinklage posted:

Hey, here's one of the photos I took in Glencoe, Scotland. Bury me here

Extremely my poo poo. You know how most people love going to the beach for rest and relaxation? I feel that way about mountains and forest

e; moar boar wants moar

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Extremely my poo poo. You know how most people love going to the beach for rest and relaxation? I feel that way about mountains and forest

e; moar boar wants moar

Here's one more, but I am just playing around with editing the files now so I promise you a dump in the near future (of pictures, not poop)

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

e; moar boar wants moar

:same: I made a stop on the way home from a distillery on sat to a rock overlook of the area. There was a road to drive up so it made for a quick trip, but just sitting there after the sun had gone mostly down was extremely my poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Baseball has weird rules that if you play for a JuCo, you can enter the draft after two years instead of three. It’s a calculated risk because you get more exposure at the bigger schools. You can always play JuCo for two and go to a bigger school for the last two years though.

Seems like the scouting of baseball would a bit different too. Sure they'll want to look at what kind of pitchers you're batting against but if you're hitting home runs with regularity it appears on the stat sheet and you'll get the interest that your stats deserve. Whereas in football there's a little bit more to it because your performance is part of your team's performance which is affected by your opponent's performance as well as injuries, scheme, blah blah blah. But hitting is a personal skill at the end of the day and if you hit like a pro you'll be eventually be a pro. There's not a series of numbers that can tell you whether an CFB player will be good in the NFL, just a lot more factors overall.

note: absolutely talking out my rear end here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

It's the same for me. Usually I don't even wait to take it off, once people are drunk enough to not notice I'll just ditch it

I got an industry awards dinner this Saturday and it's formal dress. It is decidedly not my poo poo. At least this time I'll have a tailored shirt and jacket which makes things more comfortable but a stuffy 6 hours of boring mastabatory self congratulatory speeches is not in my wheel house of stuff I enjoy.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I got an industry awards dinner this Saturday and it's formal dress. It is decidedly not my poo poo. At least this time I'll have a tailored shirt and jacket which makes things more comfortable but a stuffy 6 hours of boring mastabatory self congratulatory speeches is not in my wheel house of stuff I enjoy.

who would enjoy that. sounds horrible

my mom used to be a county supervisor in my area, an elected position. she probably went to some dumb thing like this 3-4 times a week instead of actually being able to go home after work. i think that's my nightmare

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Master Stur posted:

:same: I made a stop on the way home from a distillery on sat to a rock overlook of the area. There was a road to drive up so it made for a quick trip, but just sitting there after the sun had gone mostly down was extremely my poo poo

It's the best time of year for us PA dudes. Everything is so lush and green and bursting with life. I love late spring so much

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Petite Dinklage posted:

Here's one more, but I am just playing around with editing the files now so I promise you a dump in the near future (of pictures, not poop)

my lord. Good food and real ale

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rewatching Deadwood since I never even got through the first season the first time and I want to check out the movie. (This was because of lack of access to it, not because of not liking it)

It's funny seeing Game of Thrones handle sex scenes, then seeing Deadwood and Swearingen is having sex in full on pajamas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's the best time of year for us PA dudes. Everything is so lush and green and bursting with life. I love late spring so much

Same, Spring is my favorite season, followed closely by Autumn.

(2 more, then I've gotta go patch and paint. Please forgive my hasty editing)