Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Suaimhneas posted:

Thanks, but I can only watch in the app, and the episode is not showing up there at all. That's weird.

Check to see that the website hasn't logged you off. You won't get the latest episode in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

Thanks, but I can only watch in the app, and the episode is not showing up there at all. That's weird.

I can't get on Crunchyroll at all (I'm getting a gateway time-out error) so I think it's safe to assume the site is at least somewhat broken.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Stroheim shows up to the rescue again! How the gently caress did he show up on that plane?
Volcanoes are pretty intense.
RIP Stroheim's legs
RIP JoJo's arm.

gently caress man, Kars is pretty evil.
His past is hosed.

Okay, that was a fitting end for Kars

Suzie Q is a god drat moron.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 2, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RC Cola posted:

Stroheim shows up to the rescue again! How the gently caress did he show up on that plane?

German transportation is the finest in the world.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stronheim might be one of the coolest nazi's.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Now that I'm thinking about it, why DID they bring Smokey? Glad to see them acknowledge his existence but I feel like taking him to the immortal demigod's ascension with the Nazis is just a poor decision.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
smokey needs permission to go places now?

Turtlicious posted:

Stronheim might be one of the coolest nazi's.
it was really cool when he slaughtered that defenseless mexican village

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 3, 2019

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad Stroheim was killed by Soviet heroes.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

He doesn't but I feel like being around nazis and immortal demigods are both bad for his health and it seems strange Speedwagon would bring him along. Unless he just really wanted to see Jojo gently caress up Kars after the Straizo incident. Like "gently caress yeah I wanna see Joseph fight an ancient South American super vampire let's go to Italy"

Edit: Also Stroheim is a really fun character but he's also a total bastard and it's good he gets horribly maimed in every scene he's in and then dies.

Glagha fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 3, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
exactly, why wouldn't he be there!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Give Smokey the Ripple.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speedwagon had an extra plane ticket and saw that Smokey needed some screentime, so he did him a favor.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
"Hey Smokey you wanna see a robot Nazi fight an ancient kung fu birdman god?"

"Hell yeah I do"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
For real though, part 2 was great and part 3 is starting off strong.

loving don't open the coffin of Dio you dumb dumbs.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

as a heads up for part 3, if it feels a bit stretched out in spots it's cuz it is. for some reason it's two full seasons despite being technically shorter than the next part of the series which only has 39 episodes. also a lot of the super dope stuff is backloaded in the second half, so look forward to that.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

RC Cola posted:

For real though, part 2 was great and part 3 is starting off strong.

loving don't open the coffin of Dio you dumb dumbs.

Excuse me, he is called DIO now. :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My understanding is that Dio Brando, Dio, and DIO are all separate characters each with intricate backstories and one sided gay crushes.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
You know, there's something about the conflict of this part that really bothers me. I can't really put my finger on it, but I guess the lack of specific information is one of the bigger problems. The Eye Disease, just Drugs, antagonist being hidden. We just don't see a lot. The whole "drugs. just hate em" just doesn't seem like enough motivation to go out there and most likely die. Maybe if they've shown more of the chaos that the Drugs caused? Boss is a piece of poo poo, but there are more people like him in the world, and not like he used his stand for much. Mostly just hiding. Maybe he has more plans, not like we know. I sure hope he has, because apparently he's important enough for Polnareff to take note of him. Kira did much less, but he was a far more effective villain because we saw him and he was a charismatic rear end in a top hat.

I don't want to rag on this too much, I still enjoy the show a lot, and I love this part as much as I enjoyed Part 3, it's just every time I remember that it all started with "drugs bad", it just all seems a bit weird.

When Bruno started melting, it seemed like he was going to die for real, so it scared me a lot. One of the things that Araki got way better at over the years is writing characters. Didn't really care about any deaths in Part 3, but all the boys in Part 5 are lovable morons, so it hits harder. Even just Fugo leaving. Like, who's gonna teach Narancia math before trying to violently kill him?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

For what's its worth the main plots are all uphill from Part Five

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Droogs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Part 5's plot goes by too fast for its own good. You probably could've cut out a few fights to give the story time to breathe and also maybe show Giorno changing over the course of his journey.

Also this. There was maybe two mentions of people using drugs in this story so far and they're both minor characters.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 3, 2019

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I feel compelled to correct that Giorno only really goes Droogs when Boss lets them be dealt to children, he's fine with adults who know what they're getting into. Could use more of that to remind us just why Giorno is after him in the first place.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You know, if Giorno didn't hate drugs, he could have made a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to make a lot of cocaine.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr. Lobe posted:

You know, if Giorno didn't hate drugs, he could have made a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to make a lot of cocaine.
Giorno makes more frogs, but they're the lickable kind

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Drugs really is just a convenient excuse for Giorno to pursue his real agenda, to surplant the Boss and stand alone above all others as a Gang Star

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

He, Giorno Giovanna, has a dream.

About droogs.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

multijoe posted:

Drugs really is just a convenient excuse for Giorno to pursue his real agenda, to surplant the Boss and stand alone above all others as a Gang Star
Know what? That would be a way better motivation. Shame that we forgot about Gang Star because holy poo poo, that was hilarious.

Also, I recently learned that Charles Martinet voiced two Part 3 OVA characters in a dub, and I'm kinda hoping that, as a little reference, they'll bring him to dub Janitor who had Mario's clothes.
And also everyone else.
As Mario.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mr. Lobe posted:

He could make a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to grow trees, too. Arent mature oak trees and stuff worth a fortune

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Then one day he dies and everyone's houses and poo poo turns back into bugs and snakes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/JomeTW/status/1134937265652805633

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

SpartanIvy posted:

Then one day he dies and everyone's houses and poo poo turns back into bugs and snakes.

An easy solution to the problem is to make the trees from bricks.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
But if he made weed and then you ground it up or smoked it wouldn’t your get ground/burned?

Would the smoke always drift towards him?

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

"Stand that turns your house into bugs and snakes" would be legitimately terrifying even with no other powers.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Brofessor Slayton posted:

"Stand that turns your house into bugs and snakes" would be legitimately terrifying even with no other powers.

I think I've had that nightmare

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Meme Emulator posted:

He could make a killing by using his main power (growing a tree) to grow trees, too. Arent mature oak trees and stuff worth a fortune

that's nothing compared to good ebony or teak

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Brofessor Slayton posted:

My stand「BRICK HOUSE」is mighty mighty

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

My stand「BRICK HOUSE」「MADNESS 」is mighty mighty and it's attack, Our House, has no weakness
:colbert:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Until Secco threatened to melt the kid, I assumed Bruno was melting because he's steadily losing life force and becoming a corpse, and the corpse was enough of an 'inanimate object' now that Oasis was liquefying it like it normally does to the ground when he's close enough.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

SpartanIvy posted:

My stand「BRICK HOUSE」is mighty mighty

I was going to call it 「WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE」 but this is good too.

There's that one joke creepypasta where the reader is told they're going through their house but everything described rapidly turns into spiders. "You pour yourself a refreshing glass of water from the tap. The water is spiders. The glass is spiders. The tap is spiders."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Aquasnake posted:

Until Secco threatened to melt the kid, I assumed Bruno was melting because he's steadily losing life force and becoming a corpse, and the corpse was enough of an 'inanimate object' now that Oasis was liquefying it like it normally does to the ground when he's close enough.

maybe he meant he was going to snap the kid's neck and then melt the body