Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Had to have a bunch of bloodwork done, they took 4 vials of blood. I got to see this rad new type of needle that when they remove it, they don't manually pull it out, they press a tab on the side of the syringe thingie and it retracts the needle insanely fast like SHOONK and it's gone, basically no bleeding afterwards. the tourniquet hurt more than the needle. Afterwards I went to pick up my car which I had asked for like 8 things to get checked, while I need to get a custom part for the exhaust made because they don't manufacture it anymore, the rest of the work cost a grand total of 23 dollars for labor and 1 dollar for parts. I was...not expecting that, so I was able to pay off my mom's tab there as well for her car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got my head shaved pretty close to bare (I was too nervous to shave bald), and I discovered that a) I'm not fat enough that you get those back-of-head rolls and b) all the bumps and stuff I itch constantly aren't as visible as I feared they'd be.

I know it's stupid, but I've kinda wanted to shave bald for a while now, and not looking as horrible as I feared was surprisingly pleasing. And my partner won't stop rubbing my head, which, I can't explain why, is :3:.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 02:02 on May 19, 2019

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

MisterBibs posted:

I got my head shaved pretty close to bare...

:hfive:

Recently did the same! it’s awesome. Never going back. Head rubs are awesome too.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I saw the third John Wick and it was awesome.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I also saw the third John Wick and it was awesome :hfive:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

Had to have a bunch of bloodwork done, they took 4 vials of blood. I got to see this rad new type of needle that when they remove it, they don't manually pull it out, they press a tab on the side of the syringe thingie and it retracts the needle insanely fast like SHOONK and it's gone, basically no bleeding afterwards. the tourniquet hurt more than the needle. Afterwards I went to pick up my car which I had asked for like 8 things to get checked, while I need to get a custom part for the exhaust made because they don't manufacture it anymore, the rest of the work cost a grand total of 23 dollars for labor and 1 dollar for parts. I was...not expecting that, so I was able to pay off my mom's tab there as well for her car.

I had another surgery two days ago, and they had to shove needles and squirt Lidocaine into me three times in different spots before they managed to get the IV going. You're welcome.

I also need to get work done on my car, but your post has made me terrified to do it, since you're obviously my bearded Spock.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I had another surgery two days ago, and they had to shove needles and squirt Lidocaine into me three times in different spots before they managed to get the IV going. You're welcome.

I also need to get work done on my car, but your post has made me terrified to do it, since you're obviously my bearded Spock.
I'm welcoming my easy to access veins right now because I know rolling veins run in my family super hard, when my mom was in the hospital for sepsis it took them 20 minutes and 4 nurses to get an IV in her arm, she had like 15 punctures before they got one to stick. It's bad, and I wonder when/if that'll happen to me. As for the car, well, the two main things that would've been costly, the exhaust and the side door of my van literally falling off the rail so it looked like the ninja turtles party wagon flip-out door, he didn't do. I'll probably just ask him to weld the door shut and remove the handle since I never use that one anyways, but yeah, that stuff is going to be costly.

Also, over the course of the last week while on vacation, I cleaned up two full to the ceiling storage rooms(one for store stock, one for shipping supplies) and condensed it all down, the stock room switching to uniform storage boxes rather than whatever I had handy to hold things in resulting in the room going from nearly 100% full to half full. The other room, breaking down and organizing boxes and cramming bubblewrap/airbags into condensed boxes, and now it's only about 60% full instead of 100%, with easy access to anything I need. I'd been letting it get way out of hand for years and finally decided to knuckle down and get it all sorted. I'm glad the weather has been wonderful this week, would have hated to do this during the summer. The key to getting it all done was not trying to marathon it, doing 1-3 hours at a time, and also not having power for 8 hours thursday gave me a lot of time to work on it. :v:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
It’s pouring rain outside and I got to sleep in today. Honestly it’s pretty awesome and I hope the rest of the day continues in suit.

Man I love rain.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Got a edger/trimmer and leaf blower and made some headway on the front lawn and especially the sidewalk. It was looking kinda trashy for a while.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Victoria Day was next weekend. Unlooked-for stat holidays are a great gift.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife doesn't have any complications from her surgery! Also, the weather is really nice today.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

DizzyBum posted:

My wife doesn't have any complications from her surgery! Also, the weather is really nice today.

That is really good to hear! Both things, but especially the former.

I ran today. I've been worried about my fitness, and yet absolutely nailed a 10k run. And I feel really great.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Today was pretty stressful but this is my current view so it's all good.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Awww dem kitties :kimchi:

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I finished writing my first novel, having revised much of it and incorporating many of the changes my editor suggested.

Now to find a publisher!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When I was 14 I measured my penis and it was 3.75" and I have lived my whole life thinking I have a tiny, tiny penis and my wife always said "oh it's not THAT small" and we just worked around it

For the hell of it I put a ruler up to it and it's definitely 6"

Having a LOL that my wife has been porked full of such enormous rods her whole life that she's agreed with me that it's pretty small

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

it was 3.75" and I have lived my whole life thinking I have a tiny, tiny penis

This is very disconcerting

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think it's pretty common for your dick to grow a lot during puberty!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dear diary: wow! I thought I'd hate going through puberty, but my wife said

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Having a LOL that my wife has been porked full of such enormous rods her whole life that she's agreed with me that it's pretty small

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

my sister had an ultrasound today and i'm gonna be an uncle :woop:

she's had a hard journey wanting to have kids but not wanting to be a lovely mom like our's was. she's a strong sister and i love her very much and it's a joyous day

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I got some new skates today, and after a bit of a learning curve putting them on (this is a ratchet release! I've dealt with these a thousand times! WHY WILL YOU NOT RELEASE?), I'm pleased as punch.

Also, a (double!) bag of alcohol bottles I bought broke, hit the concrete, and didn't break at all. I was a little :tinfoil: because my Lyft driver said he smelled something, but as far as I can tell/feel, there was no damage and I'm pleasantly gobsmacked.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Finally it seems the overtime I've been working is paying off. Instead of ~£1200 I have around £1400 for next month's budget!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My daughter climbed a ladder and went down the big slide!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My brother was an idiot 20 years ago, went down a slide with a cycle helmet on on his belly, hit his chin on the bottom, buckle sunk in and he needed stitches.

Congrats for your daughter btw.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

The UPS job I got an interview for 3 weeks ago fell through (seriously, forgetting to submit a background check on me for 2 weeks, wtf manager?), but I interviewed elsewhere and loving destroyed the interview. Added bonus, I'm at the top of the list (manager's own words) because of all the interviews she had scheduled, I'm the only one that actually showed up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I managed to connect a pair of cheap rear end Bluetooth speakers to my TV/BR player, so I can listen to stuff at a normal volume and not compete with my AC.

Normally this wouldn't be a huge thing to celebrate, but I've failed having this work with some existing headphones I have (my guess is that those are tied to my phone and I think most headphones have a limit on devices they remember, no idea really), but hey, little victories.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I just submitted my novel to a book agent. This retroactively makes the rest of the day great.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

FreshFeesh posted:

I just submitted my novel to a book agent. This retroactively makes the rest of the day great.

Wow. Congratulations. What genre?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Urban fantasy – the here and now with hints (and sometimes more-than-hints) of supernatural elements. It’s my first novel so I’m very excited.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FreshFeesh posted:

Urban fantasy – the here and now with hints (and sometimes more-than-hints) of supernatural elements. It’s my first novel so I’m very excited.

Let me know when it's get-to-readable!

I'm working on a novel myself, would I ever be able to get your perspective on some of the later process? I'm probably a month or so from rough editing and I'm kind of anxious about the opacity of the professional editing and publication submission process.

If not that's fine, I just find SA goon experience with things that scare me to be helpful and inspiring.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Absolutely! There’re also plenty of resources (including for self-publishing) in the Creative Convention subforum. Shoot me a PM any time

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FreshFeesh posted:

Absolutely! There’re also plenty of resources (including for self-publishing) in the Creative Convention subforum. Shoot me a PM any time

Thanks! And I kind of forgot about CC since I stopped posting in the "draw every day" thread due to shamefully minimal output. I'll poke and prod around there.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I used paint.net to make a bunch of dumb shitpost images for friends. It's not the biggest accomplishment, but it's still the most creative thing I've done in a while and it feels good to make a thing.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I bought a car today and it's soooooo nice finally having one with bluetooth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I love my bike. But I've been too sick to ride it for two years.

UNTIL TODAY!

I only did a couple rounds around the block but I did it and this is HUGE because in February I could hardly even walk.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

I love my bike. But I've been too sick to ride it for two years.

UNTIL TODAY!

I only did a couple rounds around the block but I did it and this is HUGE because in February I could hardly even walk.

Nice. Good for you.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Have to be super vague, but for the past several months I've been working directly on a project with a company I basically worship and have since I was a little kid, creating a collaboration together that will launch this Fall that I personally designed. Today I got the contract from them to make it official. My career in my industry is comparatively young, about seven years, but I'm proud of everything I've accomplished after busting my rear end for years to get noticed, and I've been so busy working on it for months that I never stopped to think how crazy it all is, and today kind of culminated in that feeling. If seven year old me knew, he would be flipping the gently caress out every single day. I can't wait for it to launch and for the world to see it and appreciate it.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jun 4, 2019

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Reading about everyone elses good news is a great boost to my day, plus I just heard that my order from betterworldbooks has been shipped! So in a couple of weeks I'll start receiving parcels of Gladys Mitchell and Edmund Crispin crime novels.

I am so excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Peppa Pig has caused my daughter to start calling me "DAtty" in a little British accent, which is probably the greatest development in my life since I discovered I could breathe