Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

You're definitely still gonna want AC if not both

Yeah you pretty much need both if you are using it as your main ability to clear early game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its probably just going to be even better with those two

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512603

New map tier distribution

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
yessssss haunted mansion

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
So another start-of-league question:

I can generally get into maps by the end of the first day and have an ex or two after a day and a half (either by trading or sheer blind luck). However after that point I always slow right down and then spend two weeks slowly clambering my way up the map tiers to reds, whilst hoarding my currency and muttering "my precious" to myself about it.

Last league in particular I *ingeniously* changed all my early chaos into ex which then went up in value and which I never actually spent or used for anything. Clearly a mastermind.

What do people who are good/wise do with their currency early on if it is not required for build based gear? Buy the next tier of maps or go to tier 9? Start pouring chaos into the map device?

RossCo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 4, 2019

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

they give it to me, usually

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Save up for a stupid meme build with 10 jewels

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I'm kinda shocked that Vaults of Atziri is a red tier, but that makes that prophecy that forced Atziri to drop it look more interesting.

Boo that Jungle Valley, Mesa, and Tropical Island are all tier 5 though :argh:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I respect and play all maps equally, torture chamber and strand alike.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The worst part of Atlas reshuffling each league is that the Atlas background doesn't match with the map locations in it anymore!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The best part of the Atlas art work is that stupid hat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RossCo posted:

So another start-of-league question:

I can generally get into maps by the end of the first day and have an ex or two after a day and a half (either by trading or sheer blind luck). However after that point I always slow right down and then spend two weeks slowly clambering my way up the map tiers to reds, whilst hoarding my currency and muttering "my precious" to myself about it.

Last league in particular I *ingeniously* changed all my early chaos into ex which then went up in value and which I never actually spent or used for anything. Clearly a mastermind.

What do people who are good/wise do with their currency early on if it is not required for build based gear? Buy the next tier of maps or go to tier 9? Start pouring chaos into the map device?

Same. Last league the BiS Ax for my build was an Atziri's Disfavored 6-Link. Price started off at like 4ex week one but petered down to 1 ex in the next 2 weeks. But that isn't the question.

I dunno man, convert your currency into either gear for a second character or gear for your current. Buying a stack of maps is p great but I wouldn't buy more than 2 sessions worth of maps at a time.

Also money is meaningless on the path.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

RossCo posted:

I'm not particularly good or wise, but assuming your gear and build can cut it I'd always prioritise buying higher tier maps for atlas completion. I usually don't start spending chaos on the map device until I can sustain red maps, and even then I only really bother juicing up my highest tier maps.

To be honest though, the 'optimal' method for using currency in trade leagues is probably flipping items for profit, but at that point you're playing market simulator rather than the actual game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1135714494871527424

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
RIP Shaped Headhunters.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I'm a massive fan of abyss so having that for 2c is pretty sweet

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think I ever take anything but Fortune Favours unless I'm trying to get a challenge. Doubly so now that FFTB looks to be EV positive.

E: this assumes, of course, that each option is ev positive to begin with

E2: and a bunch of other assumptions. Preemptively gently caress off pedants!

Arrhythmia fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 4, 2019

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
My starter ideas keep changing, as usual. Now debating between Frost Blades 2x Touch of Anguish Berzerker with blitz and triple rage, or ED+Contagion Trickster because I haven't played that class or skill combo in a long time and it was probably the smoothest, cheapest league start I've ever had (and it's only gotten massive buffs since then).

Maybe this is the league where I finally do a shaped Burial Chambers atlas and try to farm a HH.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Elder is an interesting thing to be able to put onto any map, but 15c is just a smidgeon steep for my blood.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Shakenbaker posted:

Elder is an interesting thing to be able to put onto any map, but 15c is just a smidgeon steep for my blood.

Fwiw it doesn't make the map elder influenced, it makes the map a tier 16 map. I agree that it's generally not worth it still, but it's nice when you forget about the daily reset and Niko spawn on an 8.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
why the gently caress isn't it friday yet

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Arrhythmia posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wait is it coming out on NZ’s Friday or on regular Friday?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I regret to inform you that, in a nod to the heavily referenced Mayan culture, this is being released on Etznab (Mayan "Friday") which is 19 days after the start of the week

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Arrhythmia posted:

:f5:

I just want to click monoliths and fire off some Soulrend...

J
Jun 10, 2001

Manifesto: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2512662

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

quote:

We've decided that Winter Orb, Storm Brand, Bane and Soulrend were too powerful for clearing through content without heavy investment, so the damage and other aspects have been reduced in power.

Warlord’s Mark now only applies its leech bonus to attacks. The curse easily solved mana problems for casters with minimal investment, and after deliberation we've decided that solving mana problems for spellcasters should require more thought and a greater opportunity cost.

Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Wow, big Multistrike nerfs. That’s a huge blow to builds like multistrike molten strike, probably flicker as well...

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Eminai posted:

Fwiw it doesn't make the map elder influenced, it makes the map a tier 16 map. I agree that it's generally not worth it still, but it's nice when you forget about the daily reset and Niko spawn on an 8.

That makes a lot more sense than what I pictured. That also means that the really stupid, non-Desecratable monsters can be forced to spawn in a high-tier map. My dream of Shaggy Monstrosites is probably for naught but people who want those stupid Reliquarians are in luck.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

RIP Witch

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

wow they nerfed the poo poo out of melee abyss jewels

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

So much for the melee league

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

quote:

Powerful Unique Item Rarity
Certain very powerful unique items will be harder to obtain now. This includes Headhunter, Eternity Shroud and Solstice Vigil.

yeah I was really worried that these items were too easy to get, very glad to hear this

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If you were planning to run Bane, Soulrend, HoAg, Winter Orb, Storm Brand, or Multistrike, and are expecting to be insanely OP, think again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Storm brand nerfed again. Double league nerf.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Trickster Ghost charged are nerfed too lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lol I ditched using warlord's mark for my CWC-Cyclone theory build because I hated the plaza boss so much and Im now extremely happy with this decision

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Trickster, Occultist, and CI/ES builds in general took a big hit this league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Really glad I did Soulrend/Bane Trickster for Synthesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

TL;DR version: We aren't sure if our changes are enough to make melee good, so just to be safe we're nerfing everything else.