Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

guess all the interventionist libs have to come out and apologize to rania khalek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's almost as if resisting US economic hegemony and standing in the way US geopolitical interests will unleash a torrent of deadly State Department propaganda that's parroted uncritically across western news media

It's sad because it seems fairly obvious once you catch on but good luck breaking through the bubble most Americans live in, instead of just coming across as a crazy flat earth type.

I was hanging out with some friends last weekend and the conversation came around to some political subjects and just easy stuff like the rot of US institutions and the danger of Trump and the right were treated as totally alien by them. They were taking centrist lines about Trump being bad but you can't go too far left either, as I coolly shrieked that there is no equivalence as John Bolton is a maniac and war with Iran will kill millions and Trump and Bolsonaro's environmental policies will destroy the entire earth. When I finished everyone stood up and bapped

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

i say swears online posted:

oh come on you left out the very next sentence
those goddurned conspiratorially-minded lefties are having a field day with this actually existing conspiracy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

everybody immediately forgot that the US was claiming sarin was used in Douma too, and used that as justification for the airstrikes in 2018.
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/985220560392212480

it feels like there should have been some sort of scandal when the OPCW said sarin wasn't found?
https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1015338207980945408

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I remember sarin being the big reason for retaliation

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

breathlessly awaiting the liberal media coverage on the OPCW leaks

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1131560469435703297

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
Harsh but true

STEM Manifesto
Sep 10, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

it feels like there should have been some sort of scandal when the OPCW said sarin wasn't found?

the government didn't give a poo poo, but the position of Michael Weiss & co. was that it was 'irrelevant' since even if it was chlorine the report said that it must have come from the air (and thus the SAA, since apparently mortars don't exist?)

lmao

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

new Call of Duty Modern Warfare review https://venturebeat.com/2019/05/30/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-impressions-taking-war-in-a-frightening-direction/

quote:

And in the final room, you confront an unarmed woman. She tries to divert you. She moves despite your warnings to stop. She then grabs a bomb detonator. You have to shoot her.

This is the nature of modern combat, the developers say.
hmm cool

quote:

The demo then shifted to a Middle Eastern country. My guess was that it was Syria, but the game doesn’t tell you where it is.

It is a chaotic environment. You’re buried under rubble. Your voice is a child, and you soon see that you are a young girl. You are trapped in a building that has been blown up. You make noises, and people outside with muffled voices can hear you.

Slowly, they dig their way to you. They lift concrete blocks and you emerge, unhurt. But a woman who appears to be your mother lies dead beside you. You are unscathed and begin running home. You find your father there.

But Russian soldiers arrive, and they start launching canisters that emit a green gas. It’s poison gas, and other civilians in the village start choking and dying. You run inside the home, where your brother has closed the windows.

Your father prepares an escape, but a Russian soldier comes in the house. Your father tries to reason with him, but the soldier guns him down. Then he hunts the children. You are still playing as the young girl, and you hide. You can crawl through a hole in a wall and sneak up on the soldier. You grab a knife and stab him in the leg. He shakes you off and you run away, escaping through the hole again.

You do that repeatedly, and eventually both you and your brother kill the soldier. One of you grabs his gas mask and you escape. You hold your breath and then run off, picking up a second gas mask. You pass by Russian soldiers who are executing civilians. And eventually, you get away.
cool cool cool

:stonklol:

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 18:10 on May 31, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hahahaha

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

But Russian soldiers arrive, and they start launching canisters that emit a green gas.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i like how in addition to being intense propaganda and a horrifying scene all around, in the end in all its Gritty Realism what u gotta do is, crawl out of a hole and stab a guy in the leg, and then go back in the hole, and then repeat several times while he oafishly stands around waiting to die of repeated leg wounds. Top notch stuff

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

*sees a mass grave of children*

yo if I was those kids I would've tactically ascertained myself into a forward operating position that would allow me to perpendicularly neutralize the oncoming threat

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

strange how they never made one where an iraqi/vietnamese/korean child is killing american soldiers

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

A game where you play as the Vietcong would own so hard

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Is there a level where you forcibly convert the Druze? Inquiring minds want to know.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goon Danton posted:

play Rising Storm 2 and never pick US or ANZAC

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Mission objectives:

- Eliminate Nusaryi apostates.
- Rescue Jolani
- Level Armenian Church.

Frond has issued a correction as of 20:26 on May 31, 2019

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

wow, that is some real hosed up poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

a game where you play as a vietcong soldier and after every mission you're sent to a study camp back home and you have to answer multiple choice questions about communism (biased in favor of, of course) to pass through to the next mission
all wargames are indoctrination anyway, this would just be open about it

THS
Sep 15, 2017

videogame where you play general giap, in the first 5 minutes of the game you encounter communists from the future who give you a crysis-style powered armor suit and you go beast mode on the american invaders, eventually taking the fight all the way to washington dc where you capture nixon and kissinger and put them on trial for war crimes (order ending) or gib them with a rocket launcher (chaos ending)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

assassin's creed-like game set in gaza, you're a "combatant-aged male" (12), gotta gather crafting materials for rockets and use hamas terror tunnels to get cement from sinai

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

THS posted:

videogame where you play general giap, in the first 5 minutes of the game you encounter communists from the future who give you a crysis-style powered armor suit and you go beast mode on the american invaders, eventually taking the fight all the way to washington dc where you capture nixon and kissinger and put them on trial for war crimes (order ending) or gib them with a rocket launcher (chaos ending)

Third-Worldist Wolfenstein would own

poo poo they already have a setup for it with Bombate, just make a game on his adventures in Namibia before the Nazis captured him

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Syria is seeing increased fighting again. The government looks to be launching the campaign to retake Idlib, with aerial bombing increasing. The US and Turkey are pouring weapons into the area to support the jihadists of course.

https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/1134587568379637766

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-s...s-idUKKCN1SV0FM

quote:

“The delivery of dozens of armoured vehicles, Grad rocket launchers, anti-tank guided missiles and so-called TOW missiles, helped roll back some Syrian army gains and retake the strategically located town of Kfar Nabouda, one senior opposition figure said.

The TOW missile had been the most potent weapon in the arsenal of rebel groups battling Assad during the conflict. It was extended by Western and Arab foes of Assad until a CIA-led programme of military support to help moderate rebels was suspended in 2017.

A Western intelligence source said Washington had given a ‘greenlight’ for the Turkey-backed mainstream rebels to use the TOW missiles, which had been in storage in the latest campaign.”

It looks like the US is trying to stop oil shipments between the SDF occupied areas and the government areas now too. Some media is saying it is cracking down on this "smuggling" by blowing up oil tankers on the Euphrates.
https://twitter.com/TheArabSource/status/1134555666444685312

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Of course. Just give more weapons to the guys that are going to lose in the near future and flee to other countries. Of course.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
It’s amazing how American the Turkish attitude is towards this. They literally have no idea it’s going on.
I guess not thinking about your countries lovely imperialist adventures is pretty universal.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/1134633847436566528?s=21

lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

those weirdos picked a fight with Human Rights Watch because they were so blinded by their war lust
https://twitter.com/IranDisinfo/status/1121507496072548352

lol they also went after Voice of America hosts and Atlantic Council bloodsuckers for being too soft on Iran
https://twitter.com/NegarMortazavi/status/1134275478192365573

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

quote:

Brett Bruen, who was director of global engagement in the Obama White House, said that the global engagement centre was originally created to counter Russian and Isis disinformation and propaganda. However, under the Trump administration, it was starved of funds and personnel, and has an operating budget of just $20m. Lea Gabrielle, a former navy intelligence officer and Fox News journalist was hired to run it in February.

“It is not being used to deal with Russian disinformation or Isis propaganda, but they are syphoning money off to attack the Iran [nuclear] deal and Iran,” Bruen said. “We know that information warfare is a serious and damaging threat, but the centre is being treated by the Trump administration like it is a reserve for dipping in to for pet political projects.”
:ironicat:

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

They've been starved of money and funds. We only pay the owner or that Twitter account 20 million dollars... not per month. For the whole year!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

how much loving money did the obama admin give them?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the entire propaganda wing of the state department has an operating budget of $20m

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/YemeniJournal/status/1135088444395413504

e: checked the date and it's an old story. ah well, nonetheless,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not a good look for the cia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3839774&perpage=40&pagenumber=295#post495602681

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/RAbdiCG/status/1136189814817067008?s=19

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Punch line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

NBC: U.S. commander says American forces face 'imminent' threat from Iran