Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Serf posted:

on some level they made bane's plan to nuke the city because they couldn't have a kickass revolution that targeted only the rich without some reason its secretly evil, otherwise batman is just straight up the villain to most of the audience

Its Black Panther syndrome where they have a villain with an actual good point so they have him randomly snap the neck of someone / shoot their girlfriend to establish that they are actually bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember when the Heroic Cops fought Bane's followers on the streets of the NYC financial district literally months after Occupy Wall Street lol.

I remember being 19 when that movie came out and being like

Wait

How is bane the bad guy he seems legit

And now I agree that holding a major American city hostage with a nuclear device while you methodically exterminate the rich and their guardians, the police, is in fact the right thing to do

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/hurryupharry/status/1135553238160293888

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://twitter.com/PDWriter/status/1135542062420549632

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Karl Marx didn't identify as Jewish so it doesn't count.

JUST

BERNIE SANDEEEEEEEEERS!!!!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The Secret has been around forever. I remember a weird teacher showing my whole class a video about that garbage when I was in High School.

there's a scene in the movie where someone says they imagined recieving money and then suddenly mysterious checks started appearing in their mailbox. it's not symbolic or anything, the scene is meant to be taken literally as something that actually happens irl

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Its Black Panther syndrome where they have a villain with an actual good point so they have him randomly snap the neck of someone / shoot their girlfriend to establish that they are actually bad

One of my favorite examples of this was some tom clancy game trailer that got released close to 2008 that had a bunch of people sneak and bluff their way into a bank's central offices and kick a bank executive out a window

But he had a bomb on him so it blew up on the street below, cause they realized "oh, this is... oh these are heroes in this trailer, huh"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

it's not if you bring a bunch of people with you! like a commune kinda thing.

like a compound?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
The Dark Knight Rises is just an unironic adaptation of The Scarlet Pimpernel, which makes the superhero vigilante genre of stories come full circle.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

YaketySass posted:

The Dark Knight Rises is just an unironic adaptation of The Scarlet Pimpernel, which makes the superhero vigilante genre of stories come full circle.

the movie quotes a tale of two cities at length and this is the comparison you come up with?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

R. Guyovich posted:

the movie quotes a tale of two cities at length and this is the comparison you come up with?

It's both, but Batman himself fits more into one specific archetype.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1135757599104782337

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
House of Windsor, welcome to the resistance

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

she sure snubbed him with thousands of dollars of goods followed by a dinner in gilded finery

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cyber Minuteman ● Listed in TIME Mag Most Influential Ppl Online ● My laptop's in Intl Spy Museum DC ● Cameo role in #MrRobot ● Creator https://counter.social

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Come friendly asteroid

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

She gave him a cherry, but it had no stone.

She gave him a chicken, but it had no bone.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gonna smash your guitar. To own the libs.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

and that's the majesty of rock, the fantasy of roll

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

but trump loves chicken nuggets

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Bishopoftyler/status/1135302012415795200
https://twitter.com/MCITLFrAphorism/status/1135748232884236288
https://twitter.com/MCITLFrAphorism/status/1135882253370888192

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Online Pope is HBO's least anticipated series

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Hot Takes: Jesus got ratioed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I followed him for a bit and it won't surprise anyone to learn he loving sucks lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Goon Danton posted:

Hot Takes: Jesus got ratioed

technically he’s always been a third

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

having a bunch of people call you an idiot over the internet because you said something dumb is exactly like being executed via crucifixion

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

More like procreation with children

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1135819005405597696?s=19

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Even if Her Maj was subtly insulting Trump in those ways, there's no chance he'd notice. This is not a chap with any subtlety in any capacity. Anything less plain than "I hate you" would be utterly lost on him.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jollity Farm posted:

Even if Her Maj was subtly insulting Trump in those ways, there's no chance he'd notice. This is not a chap with any subtlety in any capacity. Anything less plain than "I hate you" would be utterly lost on him.

Liberals love to imagine subtly burning people with sublime microaggressions, because they can't imagine doing any actual aggressions.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Liberals love to imagine subtly burning people with sublime microaggressions, because they can't imagine doing any actual aggressions.

I think it's because these microaggressions are sophisticated and "smart" which makes those that recognize them also sophisticated and "smart"
like who the gently caress thinks the queen is picking her jewelry according to some story about a mistress of a king or whatever, it's ridiculous, but it's exactly the kind of factoid some guy/gal would drop in a west wing blabberfest while sneering at the person who just got burned hard, but doesn't know it because he's a dumb ape unlike the master historian of the british royal jewels, yasss queen

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

wearing a crown made of jewels plundered through colonialism to own trump

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
you just know our big boy asked to try on the crown

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is there any reason whatsoever to think the queen doesnt like trump

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Shear Modulus posted:

of course khalesi slay kween hates him

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

dirty lousy tramp posted:

I think it's because these microaggressions are sophisticated and "smart" which makes those that recognize them also sophisticated and "smart"
like who the gently caress thinks the queen is picking her jewelry according to some story about a mistress of a king or whatever, it's ridiculous, but it's exactly the kind of factoid some guy/gal would drop in a west wing blabberfest while sneering at the person who just got burned hard, but doesn't know it because he's a dumb ape unlike the master historian of the british royal jewels, yasss queen

I don't know, it sounds like the thing an incredibly passive-aggressive ruler of a corrupt and out-of-touch aristocracy that runs by its own rules of decorum that separate them from the riff-raff of society might do, so I don't not believe it. But it's also amazingly stupid.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

She's ninety-three, she probably thinks he's loud and vulgar (she'd be right) - but she's been meeting with all manner of utterly vile people as part of her job for almost as long as Trump has been alive, so I expect it's pretty much autopilot for her at this point.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

dirty lousy tramp posted:

Recognizing the sublime is what makes you smart, even if it's not actually there. Death of the author, baby.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i hate it. it makes me so mad. i loving despise the obsession with "owning" trump. people loving cheering like it's some great victory that He's Mad! He's Probably Crying!

who's owned online, the guy currently sitting in the seat of power who gets to do basically whatever he wants and gets away with it, or the guy hooting and hollering because yassss slay kween did a 👏DIS👏RESPECT👏CLAP👏BACK👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Jollity Farm posted:

She's ninety-three, she probably thinks he's loud and vulgar (she'd be right) - but she's been meeting with all manner of utterly vile people as part of her job for almost as long as Trump has been alive, so I expect it's pretty much autopilot for her at this point.

Her uncle was famously pro-Nazi and she seems pretty aware that she's a total figurehead, she can politely smile at monsters in her sleep.