Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi, I'm Al. I'm very concerned with the rain hitting my camera but I'll just whip out papers and succumb them to the elements

Episode was surprisingly good and I hope El Salvidad sends his zombie army to the denim mill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
god I hope they don't set off a nuke or something

I assume the three rings on the paper are talking about trinity

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Hi, I'm Al. I'm very concerned with the rain hitting my camera but I'll just whip out papers and succumb them to the elements

Episode was surprisingly good and I hope El Salvidad sends his zombie army to the denim mill

Let's just assume it's a waterproof map, if we can accept zombies are a thing and Al's cam batteries aren't going flat every 38 mins.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rocksicles posted:

Let's just assume it's a waterproof map, if we can accept zombies are a thing and Al's cam batteries aren't going flat every 38 mins.

With the disclaimer that I actually liked this episode, I'll say that was super dumb. And the moment it started happening I assumed they needed someone to ambush her, since they didn't want her to get back in her dry vehicle. Like not only is it the paper getting wet thing. It is also the reduced visibility in a world with zombies. Surely you would get somewhere safe.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
After a combined 15 ish seasons on these shows you guys are still trying make sense of stupid.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rocksicles posted:

After a combined 15 ish seasons on these shows you guys are still trying make sense of stupid.

No nit shall remain unpicked!

It was a pretty good episode and it's interesting the show has completely moved away from the 'importance of family' theme it started with, for the main group we're following.

Logan seems like a reasonable villain, so far. He's just a stickler for post-apocalyptic property law to be upheld.

And to your other point (15 seasons!) it seems that being a bad guy has a direct correlation to how elaborate one makes their zombie art installations. The Governor, Terminus, The Saviours, Whisperers, etc etc they all have a compulsion to use zombies in creatively threatening ways.
I'd hate to be the artiste tasked with putting all those heads in the tree, one wrong move and you're done.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 5, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm gonna blame Salazar for that installation

I know this poo poo is gonna get gimpled but for right now I have....curiosity?

I'm assuming black suit crew will be children of the atom or some poo poo

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Lol doctor lady and cowboy man have zero chemistry.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Who built the walls around the truck stop if Logan wasn't actually there

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I never thought I'd stop watching a show like this, but I haven't bothered with it in years.

e: scratch that, I guess.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 4, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

At least once per episode it's good to check in on characters. Hey Alicia how's your day going so far?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I read somewhere that Troy was coming back and that's the only reason I watched the premiere, however, having looked it up again it turns out there's no truth to it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Octy posted:

I read somewhere that Troy was coming back and that's the only reason I watched the premiere, however, having looked it up again it turns out there's no truth to it.

He was too interesting for this world

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Octy posted:

It's possible that he shows up on one of Al's tapes.

I remember that there were some articles about Ruben Blades and Daniel Sharmin both coming back. The other possibility is that a flashback to the dam happens and he gets credit for his corpse showing up.

I stand by the fact I hope he just turns up with no explanation other than 'I woke up in a lot of water!'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god, I just remembered Morgan told the kids about the denim factory

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Since you guys are talking about it: is Fear The Walking Dead any good? Considering that I love TWD main series, even in the last seasons

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
S1 is slow. S2/3 are great.
Then turn it off because Gimple reboots it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
S5 E1 is good but I have no reason to believe it will stay that way

S4 is bad because it starts playing like walking dead

S2 is good because it's a family of screw ups riding their boat to settlements and ruining them

S3 is good because people act in believable ways and the conflict between two settlements makes sense

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Caught the episode last night, and I was surprisingly pleased. The Al stuff is terrible, with her going off in a storm at night to videotape a corpse and reeks of backwards logic though. "We need Al to be at the IMPORTANT LOCATION, so we need her to be vulnerable, so we need a mystery to entice her, so we need armor zombies." I anticipate this to get worse because F/TWD use it all the time to drive their stories. Morgan's speech about trying to make up for all the bad stuff he's done is actually kind of nice, and I could see someone so desperate to atone their acts that they really go too far trying to help people. Having Alicia and Morgan deal with their past crimes differently could be an interesting theme to wrangle with, but with the soft reboot of "We're actually good people, not monsters" whitewashing I don't expect much to come of it. Strand freaking out that Salazar might be alive could be fun, cause if they meet Salazar will not be happy.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I really liked that the kids were smarter than our main group of survivors, and are not part of or the bait for some cult (so far).

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 6, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pendejos, new episode leaked early. I watched it an hour ago.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 8, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rocksicles posted:

Pendejos, new episode leaked early. I watched it an hour ago.

Hey I know this thread get silly sometimes, but no need for namecalling!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Hey I know this thread get silly sometimes, but no need for namecalling!

perdon mi ingles no es bueno

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Pendejos, I enjoyed the main storyline this week with Grace. And it's fun that the show has made walkers even more dangerous than usual. Radioactive zombies sure why not, it's like the writers knew Chernobyl would be a hit and wanted to jump on the nuclear bandwagon LOL.
But the Strand meeting with Salazar was bizarre and didn't go anywhere. Unless Daniel is going to decide on his own to fly over and rescue Luciana and her pals.

quote:

"You gotta ask the writers," Blades told TV Guide when asked at the ATX Television Festival if fans would ever find out how Salazar survived the dam explosion. "I hope there will be at some point an episode on that. Because it would be interesting. I would love to know."

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 10, 2019

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It's also entirely possible we may never see Salazar again.

Though with the suspicious lack of a scar from being shot in the face, it's equally possible that Strand hallucinated meeting him. Like the rest of the group goes there and it's some rando dead guy and they watch the tape and it was never Daniel. :shrug:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

It's also entirely possible we may never see Salazar again.

Though with the suspicious lack of a scar from being shot in the face, it's equally possible that Strand hallucinated meeting him. Like the rest of the group goes there and it's some rando dead guy and they watch the tape and it was never Daniel. :shrug:

He had a scar on his cheek, he was just dirty

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure a trailer showed salvidad wearing a hat and leading zombies so maybe that's how he saves the day because he had a hat on at the end of the ep

The black suit guy trying to do a Scooby Doo and scare off the gang with the heads is weird

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm pretty sure a trailer showed salvidad wearing a hat and leading zombies so maybe that's how he saves the day because he had a hat on at the end of the ep

The black suit guy trying to do a Scooby Doo and scare off the gang with the heads is weird

Those chumps are the find a cure covert bunker guys that took Rick.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If that was the case the bunker would be blown up by now, or Rick at least caused the meltdown at the reactor

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JazzFlight posted:

I still hate that stupid machine gun barrel improvised weapon that Alicia has.

I love it for Alicia's double kills.

:boom:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Did they cut the budget for this show again? It certainly looks like they have.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I know they want "The mystery of Al" to be interesting, but man I have zero interest what happened to her. And I actually like her character too, but if you go out at night, in the rain, in the zombie apoc, you really deserve what's coming.

Oh! Forgot. So I loved the Strand and Salvidad scene, because of how sloppy that setup was. Salvidad just happens to be super established with a fort and kitty hundreds of miles from the dam, and just so happens to be right next to the Denim Factory. He doesn't shoot Strand on sight, for giggles I guess. Then Strand goes on the radio, talks to someone Salvidad has never met, said woman says nothing to actually corroborate Strand's story, then just blindly accepts it as true. When Salvidad booted him out, I fully expected it to be because how flimsy the story was and how nothing actually pointed to it being true. But naw, he's just a bad luck avatar.

edit: Got inspired to pop open the editor
https://i.imgur.com/bOy67dc.mp4

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 12, 2019

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Octy posted:

Apparently they can't even afford to pay Hardwick for more than 2 eps a season.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Octy posted:

I think it's always been working on a fraction of the main show's budget.

Case in point season one when Travis and his family were hiding during the 'riot' and they showed a tight closeup of just four uniformed riot cops.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wait, so the kids are the ones responsible for the intestinal roadblocks? That ending was a little confusing. Nice seeing Dwight pop up tho. Can't wait for Rick to show up in the finale.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm an ep behind but the second episode of FTWD was actually pretty good? El Salvidad making a comeback then just telling Strand to gently caress right on off was very :discourse:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They better show how these kids are able to manhandle zombies into art installations while dwight can't even roll a dead one off himself

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm an ep behind but the second episode of FTWD was actually pretty good? El Salvidad making a comeback then just telling Strand to gently caress right on off was very :discourse:

This episode has a fun 'wild west' subplot.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Wait, has this season of FTWD been ok so far despite Gimple? Because that's the impression I'm getting reading these posts without any context.

H-how can this be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah the past 3 eps have been goodish but I'm waiting for it to get gimpled any episode now