Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ah hells yeah, can't wait to buy an ISS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The_Doctor posted:

Which is honestly a shame because Stitch is awesome and that ISS looks boring as hell.

I feel the opposite! The ISS will proudly suspend over my lego city.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Well, I wasn't really that interested in any of the 4, so give the people what they want I guess!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Carbohydrates posted:

Well, I wasn't really that interested in any of the 4, so give the people what they want I guess!

I am the people, and I demand more space LEGO!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, I was sublimely bummed when the NASA SR-71 got 86ed. :smith:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The NASA sets are pretty much universally well received. It would be pretty weird if the ISS didn't get it.

I still feel like Lilo and Stitch just was not a well-remembered Disney movie. As much as they push the characters (especially Stitch) it was a weird movie that came out during the decline of Disney's traditional animation, and it seems like it has a very particular fanbase that is often ridiculed (younger millennial goth girls, mostly.*) So while Stitch may be a solid icon for the company, there's just not that much demand for him, regardless of how good the build looks.

*I don't say this with any malice. An observation.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Squashy Nipples posted:

Everything with original box and instructions!
What is currently listed is just a fraction of what she has, she is still sorting and counting and so forth (she is super anal, which is a good thing for a project like this).
She is starting out with the Friends stuff, because it's easiest to sort.

Anyway, check out her store, more to come.

Any to be parted out as loose bricks or will they stay as sets?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

rickiep00h posted:

The NASA sets are pretty much universally well received. It would be pretty weird if the ISS didn't get it.

I still feel like Lilo and Stitch just was not a well-remembered Disney movie. As much as they push the characters (especially Stitch) it was a weird movie that came out during the decline of Disney's traditional animation, and it seems like it has a very particular fanbase that is often ridiculed (younger millennial goth girls, mostly.*) So while Stitch may be a solid icon for the company, there's just not that much demand for him, regardless of how good the build looks.

*I don't say this with any malice. An observation.

Stitch is incredibly popular. The movie not so much. But the character...oh yes.

If you go to a Disney park he is one of the characters that gets the biggest reactions. I was surprised to find this out as I felt the same way you did about the film.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Scipiotik posted:

I feel the opposite! The ISS will proudly suspend over my lego city.

Until its orbit decays and it plummets into the Earth, leaving Lego City a smoldering pile of bricks!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

Ah hells yeah, can't wait to buy an ISS.

Same, they should make it minifig scale. :getin:

rickiep00h posted:

It's a pretty mediocre film, Stitch has a really good design but the movie itself is dull.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I remember liking the Stitch tv show more than the movie, but the character is still insanely popular, particularly in the theme parks. As popular as the NASA sets have been, I’m still kinda surprised Stitch didn’t win that vote. I wonder how much influence the LEM set reveal had on pushing the ISS to victory.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Y'all are over there talking ISS and Stitch, meanwhile I'm here nursing the wound that is the fact we'll never get the Sega Arcade set.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Davros1 posted:

Until its orbit decays and it plummets into the Earth, leaving Lego City a smoldering pile of bricks!

It turned out okay in the game

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Squashy Nipples posted:

My soon-to-be-ex brother in law used to work for Lego, and so my now adult niece and nephew have almost every Lego set made in the last 20 years or so, including some uncommon stuff, and few items that were employee-only. That Deathstar with like 40 minifigs? yup, as well as every X-Wing set every made, and several of the big AT-ATs, and at least one big Star Destroyer. Harry Potter Christmas train? Yup, with an extra 20 feet of track. Literally millions of bricks.

BUT NOW, EVERYTHING MUST GO!

My sister's new Bricklink shop:
https://store.bricklink.com/LBrickinator

Everything with original box and instructions!
What is currently listed is just a fraction of what she has, she is still sorting and counting and so forth (she is super anal, which is a good thing for a project like this).
She is starting out with the Friends stuff, because it's easiest to sort.

Anyway, check out her store, more to come.

If you would be interested in a bulk purchase of sets, are willing to drive to Pennsylvania to pick them up, and have CASH, then I can arrange for a private showing of the collection.

Will there be goon discounts or dibs?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I remember liking the Stitch tv show more than the movie, but the character is still insanely popular, particularly in the theme parks. As popular as the NASA sets have been, I’m still kinda surprised Stitch didn’t win that vote. I wonder how much influence the LEM set reveal had on pushing the ISS to victory.

I was monitoring the vote the whole time. And while it was a secret ballot the ISS always had a clear lead in comments, which translated to the ratio it wound up winning by. I was also surprised. I thought Stitch was going to win.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Waltzing Along posted:

I was surprised to find this out as I felt the same way you did about the film.

I actually love the movie. I love the background work and Daveigh Chase, Tia Carrere, Ving Rhames, and Kevin McDonald are all great. I was just under the assumption that it got lumped in with Atlantis and Treasure Planet and Home on the Range as being "lovely." Guess I was wrong!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
People need to stop shittalking Lilo and Stitch.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Y'all are over there talking ISS and Stitch, meanwhile I'm here nursing the wound that is the fact we'll never get the Sega Arcade set.

Thissssssssss

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The Stitch would have been neat, but I voted ISS.

Why, yes, I do have two Saturn Vs, a Lunar Module, like six different Shuttle variants, and three shelves packed to bursting of nearly every major Space kit Lego's ever made.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Pyroclastic posted:

The Stitch would have been neat, but I voted ISS.

Why, yes, I do have two Saturn Vs, a Lunar Module, like six different Shuttle variants, and three shelves packed to bursting of nearly every major Space kit Lego's ever made.
Stitch is from space.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Space Rocket giveaway is live on the website. Also get the patch, too.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
this is all the Lilo and Stitch you need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqTm3SCmnoE&t=1s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Holy poo poo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I bought the lem and another Saturn v and i got two rockets.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Was the Lunar Lander changed much during the Apollo missions? It had to be to carry the Lunar Rover right? Would be cool to see another set with the rover.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Was the Lunar Lander changed much during the Apollo missions? It had to be to carry the Lunar Rover right? Would be cool to see another set with the rover.

There are two storage bays on the lander and the rover was mounted onto a panel on the last two missions. I don't think they changed much that would show up in a Lego model.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

There are two storage bays on the lander and the rover was mounted onto a panel on the last two missions. I don't think they changed much that would show up in a Lego model.

Sounds like a job for talented MOCers.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Yiggy posted:

Any to be parted out as loose bricks or will they stay as sets?

Stay as sets.

As you can see from her Bricklink listing, she's already selling tiny Friends kits, so yeah, she's kitting everything back up to get maximum value.
I guess it might be smarter to part out the ones with tons of one-off minifigs, but she likes putting the sets back together.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Will there be goon discounts or dibs?

No, it's my sister selling it, and she's not a goon.

Maybe I could arrange for a private auction? like, I could vet some goons ahead of time, and have it on a Saturday afternoon at her place. I'm sure she will accept a healthy discount on full resale prices for buyers with cash in hand.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cojawfee posted:

I bought the lem and another Saturn v and i got two rockets.

Make a Saturn X. :downs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Until there's more than just a few friends sets for sale I find it hard to get interested.

I got nothing against the series, but they aren't exactly big ticket rare items.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

xzzy posted:

Until there's more than just a few friends sets for sale I find it hard to get interested.

I got nothing against the series, but they aren't exactly big ticket rare items.

Same, I'm curious if any/what of the Scooby Doo, Monsters series, Spongebob and Star Wars is available.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Count me as one of the people interested in seeing a set list.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I must say, it's odd that she is starting with possibly the least wanted sets. Usually a seller sells the hot stuff first and works from there. Or the big sets first and then on down to the smaller ones.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I'd like to consider Architecture sets, if she has any.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Make a Saturn X. :downs:
I know it's a joke but that would be a Saturn VI, not and X. :argh:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Hey is anyone seeing the Saturn V for cheaper than MSRP? My buddy is at our local Lego store and sees it for $105

I already have mine but it may be time to strike.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Zedd posted:

I know it's a joke but that would be a Saturn VI, not and X. :argh:

Not if you put one upside-down and connect them in the middle! V + ^ = X :pseudo:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Nth Doctor posted:

Hey is anyone seeing the Saturn V for cheaper than MSRP? My buddy is at our local Lego store and sees it for $105

I already have mine but it may be time to strike.

Not on any of the online retailers. Though sometimes it goes cheaper. There was a window last November I was able to grab mine for 78.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also doesn’t Saturn V + Saturn V = Saturn X?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Saturn II plus Saturn V equals Saturn VII: NASA's revenge!