Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
One thing that people look past with the dagger is how fast you can draw it. If you're using a heavier weapon like an eveningstar or a halberd and someone comes at you with an arming sword and you don't get your initial hit off with the reach, you kind of have to shift into a slightly more defensive oriented playstyle because the other person can just spam away as fast as humanly possible and they keep the advantage in that situation.

If someone closes the gap trying to spam your slow-weapon-having rear end, you can just draw a dagger and shank them in the face and they rarely expect that to happen. It works really well with high damage weapons that put them in the one-stab range of daggers after getting a hit too like the maul or halberd, because you don't have to try to fish out the second hit with those. You can just tap the person to 25hp, and then follow up with a dagger poke.

A lot of people also have problems changing pace with weapon swaps too. They'll tune to matching up whatever weapon they have to your slow-style weapon, and when you switch pace and range bracket to bring the dagger into play they have to swap pacing/positioning or get punished since it's such a powerful weapon in that elbow-to-elbow range bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hype about the arming sword buff. 3/3/3 bloodlust arming sword supremacy will reign

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Perestroika posted:

Dagger is love, dagger is life.

I love the dagger, no one expects a near-instant 40 damage headshot against T3

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
A headsup: In ca. 3 days I will have to pay for the next month of the Olde Goone Camp-Server. If people are still interested in using it for duels and such, I will gladly pay for it, but I appreciate anyone who can chip in a few bucks. The server costs 15 euro-bucks per month, so not a big deal, but I'd still love some contribution from anyone who still wants to play.

If folks feel we don't need the server that badly, that's also fine, just let me know and I won't renew it for the time being. I sadly haven't had the time to play much myself, so I'll have to go by other folks' judgement.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Glenn Quebec posted:

Hype about the arming sword buff. 3/3/3 bloodlust arming sword supremacy will reign

I run 3/3/3 bloodlust arming sword too! It's really good because arming sword is a very good and reliable weapon and random people are very bad at handling them. I also like to pick up expensive weapons like zweis if I can. I feel like that would be the best build possible in frontline if weight wasn't an issue, so I do that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ritznit posted:

A headsup: In ca. 3 days I will have to pay for the next month of the Olde Goone Camp-Server. If people are still interested in using it for duels and such, I will gladly pay for it, but I appreciate anyone who can chip in a few bucks. The server costs 15 euro-bucks per month, so not a big deal, but I'd still love some contribution from anyone who still wants to play.

If folks feel we don't need the server that badly, that's also fine, just let me know and I won't renew it for the time being. I sadly haven't had the time to play much myself, so I'll have to go by other folks' judgement.

Do you have like a paypal or a venmo? I can chip in like 5 european funny monies. I think we could open the server up, too, to more than just goons if everyone else is okay with that.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

jokes posted:

I run 3/3/3 bloodlust arming sword too! It's really good because arming sword is a very good and reliable weapon and random people are very bad at handling them. I also like to pick up expensive weapons like zweis if I can. I feel like that would be the best build possible in frontline if weight wasn't an issue, so I do that.

Same but halberds.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I seem to play the best with the Greatsword, but it's also the weapon I've spent by far the most time using in duels. It's just seems like an all around good weapon.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Babe Magnet posted:

Do you have like a paypal or a venmo? I can chip in like 5 european funny monies. I think we could open the server up, too, to more than just goons if everyone else is okay with that.

I can PM you my Paypal in a second, thank you very much. Whether or not the server should open up, I got no opinion on, but my only stipulation for going public would be that any regular who gets mod powers makes liberal use of banhammers against racist/bigoted/shitheaded pubbies. :black101: :histdowns:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah maintaining a chill server would priority 1.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

The blunt weapons are already thematically designed this way where for their point cost they are the best damage dealers in their tier vs level 3 armor and typically have a better hits to kill damage breakpoint than their counterparts against either the body or head. The tradeoff like someone said is they are also typically the worst in their tier vs light armor.

Yeah I suppose so, maybe I was thinking of the mace but for a one-hander the ability to basically ignore enemy armor status and just swing away with abandon is really pretty good, I guess everything's copacetic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be way more inclined to play on the server if it were public

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah maintaining a chill server would priority 1.

I would very much like a goon server that is public but has a lot of goons on it regularly. This made battlefield games way more fun, would work here too.

Put up a donation link or something in the thread I'll probably donate once I'm not poor in a few weeks.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

:allears:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Yeah I suppose so, maybe I was thinking of the mace but for a one-hander the ability to basically ignore enemy armor status and just swing away with abandon is really pretty good, I guess everything's copacetic.

well you can't just swing away with abandon either. The other thing blunt weapons do is not keep swing momentum unless you kill. So that first hit will stop whether it's parry'd or not. The mace is a slow, deliberate weapon designed to loving own knights, it's great.

Also yeah there's a thread for the server in PGS, and there's a link to that thread in the OP. I imagine everyone would be cool with a donation link in that thread if everyone wants to help keep the server up.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

you used to get called a noob and kicked from servers in Chivalry if you feint spammed lmao

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
okay this game is infuriating , it was working flawlessly and now it restarts my entire pc randomly . It’s only this game and it’s a known bug . Literally have no idea how to fix it , and it just started happening today .

There might not even be a fix for it .

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that sucks

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Not getting issues to that level but since the last update I've been getting microstutters randomly that make fights a lot more difficult.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

okay this game is infuriating , it was working flawlessly and now it restarts my entire pc randomly . It’s only this game and it’s a known bug . Literally have no idea how to fix it , and it just started happening today .

Hmm, out of curiosity, what happens exactly? Since I experience a similar issue, however it doesn't seem to restart my PC. Like, I can still talk in discord, but there's suddenly no display output to my monitor and the game appears to crash. (Or at least, I drop out of the match)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I can go for 12h of playing one day with no issues, to crashes every hour the next day. It's a mystery.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

you used to get called a noob and kicked from servers in Chivalry if you feint spammed lmao

Reverse overheads and 360s and all the other dodgy stuff? Fine! Press the feint button!? Cheating savage!

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

That Gobbo posted:

Not getting issues to that level but since the last update I've been getting microstutters randomly that make fights a lot more difficult.

I had some bad micro-stutter issues, and the only thing that I could think that had changed was that I had plugged my PS4 controller in to play another game and hadn't unplugged it. The issue went away completely once I unplugged the controller. Don't ask me to explain what or why, but that's what fixed it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Telltolin posted:

Also do we do fashion posts?

its an attempt at it anyway

edit: vv i will try that tomorrow :D

Yes, obviously. Here is my viking axe bro:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Major Isoor posted:

Hmm, out of curiosity, what happens exactly? Since I experience a similar issue, however it doesn't seem to restart my PC. Like, I can still talk in discord, but there's suddenly no display output to my monitor and the game appears to crash. (Or at least, I drop out of the match)

The monitor light goes from blue (on) to orange , and then I see the windows is restarting icon when the monitor comes back on.

Yesterday it happened while connecting to a server , another time it happened right in the middle of a duel . Sometimes it just locks up and crashes and I have to control alt delete.

This never happened before . Game was running great

Orv
May 4, 2011
I've got microstutters back and a fun new issue where when anyone starts an attack animation close to me (~4 feet) and in my field of view my FPS drops.

Not particularly playable.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've noticed that if I'm close enough to the explosions on camp when the siege towers come down my audio will turn into a broken stuttering mess, and my FPS will stutter with it whenever there's an audio cue that's loud enough (like someone shouting next to me or whatever).

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
so i was able to play earlier with absolutely no issues, flawlessly. . .

seems completely random.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How does a chambered billhook do 100 damage on 3/3/2?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I've got microstutters back and a fun new issue where when anyone starts an attack animation close to me (~4 feet) and in my field of view my FPS drops.

I just assumed this was my computer

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Phlegmish posted:

Yes, obviously. Here is my viking axe bro:

Replace the brigandine with either lamellar or chainmail, this "studded leather" look isn't working out

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Orv posted:

This is the name of the game. Basically the game is a poorly optimized pile of crap.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

so i was able to play earlier with absolutely no issues, flawlessly. . .

seems completely random.

It runs flawlessly on my PC pretty much 100% of the time. :shrug:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah mine's fine as far as I can tell. Is there some part that you guys all have in common?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

soy posted:

It runs flawlessly on my PC pretty much 100% of the time. :shrug:

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Playing on an ssd vs hdd makes a big difference with the stuttering.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have had no performance issues. The game is installed on my SSD, I have an i7-6700k processor (slightly overclocked), a GTX 1070 graphics card, and 16 GB of RAM.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Replace the brigandine with either lamellar or chainmail, this "studded leather" look isn't working out

I'll give it a try. Won't chainmail be too cold and metallic? I'm going for an organic look.

Should probably add in a beard, either way.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah mine's fine as far as I can tell. Is there some part that you guys all have in common?

Midgetskydiver posted:

Playing on an ssd vs hdd makes a big difference with the stuttering.

NVME SSD, 16GB RAM, 1070, i5 6600K OC 4.2, I should really be perfectly fine, even if I do need a new processor in the next year or two here.

And since the second patch they made until this new patch I totally was.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

I'll give it a try. Won't chainmail be too cold and metallic? I'm going for an organic look.

I think the lvl 2 chain hauberk is one of the worst looking armor skins in the game unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Changed my steam name to "mordhau player but not racist" and I started getting teabagged 1000 percent more than before.