Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've met Jimmy Hart and I'm convinced he's some kind of lich keeping his soul in the megaphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

It’s hair dye and sunglasses

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

and afrojack

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

slightly, then passes them off as his own

Holy gently caress :xd:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
i saw his semi-naked mean gene pics he has a trash bod

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

R-Truth going nuts and smoking cigarettes in the arena was very funny to me, almost as funny as Big Show smoking cigarettes on the way to the ring back in the day.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Yeah he's concentrated an entire face's worth of aging into the area behind his glasses.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

being only familiar really with his last match with AJ and everything afterwards, what was Shinsuke Nakamura's peak? I'm lead to believe the stuff he's doing now is just mainly taking it easy but at one point he was way more explosive and legit a great worker in N JPW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
If you have New Japan world, just searching his name and watching the singles matches should expose you to Nakamura at his best. I’d personally recommend his match with Kota Ibushi at whichever WrestleKingdom it was at. As for his peak period, people with better information will have better explanations. I understand that he had a run from the mid 00s onward and was tapped as a top guy by Inoki initially due to an MMA victory or victories. I’m not sure when he went from that to the world destroying King of Strong Style, leader of Chaos, namer of Tacos, Nakamura, but I would assume that is a beginning point for a peak.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DLC Inc posted:

being only familiar really with his last match with AJ and everything afterwards, what was Shinsuke Nakamura's peak? I'm lead to believe the stuff he's doing now is just mainly taking it easy but at one point he was way more explosive and legit a great worker in N JPW.
2014/2015 was his absolute peak, and he was pumping out at or near 5* matches every single major show. Check out his matches against Ibushi, Tanahashi, and Okada for a guaranteed great match. More info here if you want dates (Watch the Ibushi matches in order of occurrence since the second builds on the first a little)

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

DLC Inc posted:

Probably like 2012-2015 when he was doing his intercontinental title stuff. Amazing matches with Tanahashi, Goto, Ibushi, etc. Basically any major singles match he had in that time frame is a stunner.

There’s this match where Nakamura is so good and so hot that Tanahashi ends up playing the heel. I think it might be Invasion Attack 2014? It’s the match where Tanahashi does like a million dragon screws.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

his single best match was against kazushi sakuraba.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
His G-1 b-block finals match against Okada is really something else.

I get why people don't care about Nakamura now but he's the reason the IWGP IC belt matters.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thanks, great suggestions from all---almost forgot the Ibushi matches which were recommended to me a while ago. I remember being psyched that WWE was going to actually put together the "dream match" of AJ/Nak part 2 and was spectacularly let down by that match. Idk what the gently caress happened with that one.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
WWE style doesnt allow for japanese style epics.

Also, remember that Nakamura phoned it in even when he was putting together 5 star level classics. The guy knew when to bring it and when to take it easy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DLC Inc posted:

thanks, great suggestions from all---almost forgot the Ibushi matches which were recommended to me a while ago. I remember being psyched that WWE was going to actually put together the "dream match" of AJ/Nak part 2 and was spectacularly let down by that match. Idk what the gently caress happened with that one.
HEAAAAAAAT

The first match wasn't awful but they had to turn Nakamura Heel for...some reason. I don't remember if that was one of the WM there were rumors they absolutely couldnt upstage a Triple H match or not.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Who was the better Big Man as far as matches go, Bam Bam or Big Boss Man?

Obviously Boss Man was better overall with the work he did in the late 90s.

Edit: and were they better than Vader?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

NJPW/WCW Vader is maybe the best big man of all time.

I would say that Boss Man might have been technically better but I feel like Bam Bam has way more memorable matches.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Boss Man was almost too agile, he didn't carry himself like as much of a monster as Bam Bam did imo

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I like Boss Man as much as anybody, but I’ve never seen him do a moonsault. Fat guy moonsaults are the best moonsaults.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Bossman wins in the 2 man fight but vader takes the 3 man poll for sure.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I still greatly prefer Bam Bam's ringwork to the other two, but Vader was absolutely the biggest draw in this conversation.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boss Man never did anything for me. Like he was a fine enough brawler but there wasn't one time I was genuinely interested in seeing him wrestle. Bam Bam was a guy I genuinely wanted to watch. Like even meandering stuff like The Jersey Triad fighting Raven/Saturn and Malenko/Benoit was good wrestling to watch at the time. And I enjoyed his ECW work. WWF seemed to misuse him, or I just never saw the good stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Boss Man never did anything for me. Like he was a fine enough brawler but there wasn't one time I was genuinely interested in seeing him wrestle. Bam Bam was a guy I genuinely wanted to watch. Like even meandering stuff like The Jersey Triad fighting Raven/Saturn and Malenko/Benoit was good wrestling to watch at the time. And I enjoyed his ECW work. WWF seemed to misuse him, or I just never saw the good stuff.
I was never a bossman fan until I watched his All Japan tag matches. He wasn't the best part of any of them, but he was still pretty impressive

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I love Bossman, but :wtc:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RealFoxy posted:

I was never a bossman fan until I watched his All Japan tag matches. He wasn't the best part of any of them, but he was still pretty impressive

I've never seen his Japan work or really anything outside WWF and WCW, so yeah, maybe I just haven't seen his prime.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I've never seen his Japan work or really anything outside WWF and WCW, so yeah, maybe I just haven't seen his prime.

His cage match with Hogan is really good

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Vader had the biggest/most amount of big moments.
Bossman was the most charismatic
Bambam was the most athletic.

their matches were wildly different but equally entertaining. all 3 rule can we just go with all 3?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

What are some great Vader matches in NJPW? One list recommended vs Inoki and another match vs Hashimoto. Watching the Hashimoto one now.

Edit: I'm not going to watch the one where his loving eye pops out and then he puts it back in don't tell me to watch that.

Edit2: Wait how were MMA gloves a thing in 1989? I thought in those days it was bare knuckle.

Edit3: Holy poo poo that dropkick lol.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 4, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hellblazer187 posted:

What are some great Vader matches in NJPW? One list recommended vs Inoki and another match vs Hashimoto. Watching the Hashimoto one now.

Edit: I'm not going to watch the one where his loving eye pops out and then he puts it back in don't tell me to watch that.

Edit2: Wait how were MMA gloves a thing in 1989? I thought in those days it was bare knuckle.

Watch his matches in UWFi instead.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Watch his matches in UWFi instead.

I don't have a subscription to UWFiWorld so that's why I'm asking about NJPW matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

Vader vs Hansen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtibdA7JtXY

Vader vs Misawa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFYUkZv02Yw&t=1s

He also had a 5 star match with Mutoh

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x113r8j

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Hardcore Hak (the Sandman) from Spring Stampede 99 may be my legit favourite match from both men.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Is that first one with Hansen the one with the eye injury?

I'll look for the Masawa and Muto matches on NJPWW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't have a subscription to UWFiWorld so that's why I'm asking about NJPW matches.

Lucky for you I'm pretty sure every single UWFi show is on Youtube then.

Super Vader vs Kiyoshi Tamura, June 10 1994
Vader vs Nobuhiko Takada, August 18, 1994

And you won't find the Misawa match on NJPW World because it's Misawa and he wrestled for AJPW and NOAH.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Lucky for you I'm pretty sure every single UWFi show is on Youtube then.

Super Vader vs Kiyoshi Tamura, June 10 1994
Vader vs Nobuhiko Takada, August 18, 1994

Oh, neat.

forkboy84 posted:

And you won't find the Misawa match on NJPW World because it's Misawa and he wrestled for AJPW and NOAH.

Oh, duh.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There's also this, which I can't vouch for as I've not seen it but I'm absolutely going to bookmark it for later. Super Vader & John Tenta vs Gary Albright & Kazuo Yamazaki

Vader & Tenta are obviously huge lads, Gary Albright if you've never seen him is a 6'3", 330lbs amateur wrestler from Montana who had amazing suplexes. And then Yamazaki basically looks tiny stood next to them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Randaconda posted:

I love Bossman, but :wtc:

I meant that his character work and general heelishness really elevated him. He also didn't have a giant ego and was perfectly willing to embarrass himself and get someone else over.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
edit: n/m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I meant that his character work and general heelishness really elevated him. He also didn't have a giant ego and was perfectly willing to embarrass himself and get someone else over.

Oh, I meant in-ring. As far as character work goes, Bossman was so loving good in the late 90s.