Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

gaj70 posted:

If you skip the fights, do you get the nice "run here next" HUD icons?

You do but only after Vay Hek has left the room he's in, which requires you to move to the next room of the very linear level.

You can just start checking exits to whichever tile Vay Hek shows up in and all but one of them should be immediate dead ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Much like in Diablo 2, after enough exposure to the tiles and their connections you develop an eerie sixth sense of how to get to the exit the quickest, even without a guide. It only takes a couple hundred hours. :v:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Much like in Diablo 2, after enough exposure to the tiles and their connections you develop an eerie sixth sense of how to get to the exit the quickest, even without a guide. It only takes a couple hundred hours. :v:

the tiles for hek felt weird and I only got like 40% of that instinct for those tiles before I got all the hydroid parts, so I'm not sure I saved any time

My main memory of that fight was 60-90% uptime on magnetic procs, very uncool

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tulip posted:

the tiles for hek felt weird and I only got like 40% of that instinct for those tiles before I got all the hydroid parts, so I'm not sure I saved any time

My main memory of that fight was 60-90% uptime on magnetic procs, very uncool

word of advice for magnetic procs and other player-hostile UI fuckery: turn off color correction and 90% of the problem goes away, although it still fucks up your minimap

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ill never get used to corpus wreck tileset though

that place just sucks

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Berke Negri posted:

ill never get used to corpus wreck tileset though

that place just sucks

Ah yeah just gotta go towards... ugh its a wall. Guess it's below this platform. No that's a wall too? Ah, stairs back there. gently caress I'm stuck under the stairs. OK cool up we go and... Nope. Still a wall

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
There's one tile on Uranus that will cause me to abort the mission as soon as I see it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avulsion posted:

There's one tile on Uranus that will cause me to abort the mission as soon as I see it.

don't hemorrhoid-shame

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

gaj70 posted:

If you skip the fights, do you get the nice "run here next" HUD icons?

When you enter the (always suspiciously wide-open) room he's in, the "run here next" thing disappears. But it was on the correct exit before it disappeared, so all you have to do is remember vaguely where it was and you'll be ok.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Is it the one with the jammed door so you have to bypass it via submerged maze?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
inaros with a medi-ray moa is so unbelievably faceroll for starchart content i considered throwing a guide together, but since the guide is just "stack health and armor, the only ability you use is 1 to get covert lethality finishers off that heal you for 20% of your max hp, and get a moa with medi-ray and link health" i dont think i will

pros: it's a very easy farm, with no corrupted mods required, and its pretty much impossible to gently caress up since you can't die

cons: it's kinda boring since all you do is not die, shoot gun, not die, stab mans, and not die

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Most weapon require aiming at Vay Hek's weak spots, except the Tonkor, which which will hit them as long as they're open, no matter where the shell hits him. Makes the fight a lot easier.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

And Tyler Too! posted:

Is it the one with the jammed door so you have to bypass it via submerged maze?

Yup. The one with the timed maze that spits you out at the beginning if you can't solve it fast enough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've never actually managed to get through that tile. whenever i see it i abort and retry.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Its not that hard. Its just a cylinder on either end, with tunnels connecting them. If you don't get down fast enough, and into the tunnel, the geyser effect will throw you back out. If the geyser on the other side hits you, it doesn't kick you back to the start.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tulip posted:

Miter is, no joke, one of my top weapons for high level content.

Before I rebuild one for the third time, why?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Synthbuttrange posted:

Before I rebuild one for the third time, why?

Neutralizing Justice, gives Miter 90% chance to pop bubbles per bullet. Just mod for flight speed, shot speed, and MS.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Flying sawblades + Mag is a real good time by the way.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Hobold posted:

Its not that hard. Its just a cylinder on either end, with tunnels connecting them. If you don't get down fast enough, and into the tunnel, the geyser effect will throw you back out. If the geyser on the other side hits you, it doesn't kick you back to the start.

Isn't that the tile that has little boxes you can shoot to turn off the water? Or is that just the spy tile?

I admit I'm not on uranus much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for a frame that mostly relies on powers having a dedicated anti-nullifier gun is pretty common. miter's okay now, and the augment even gives you a hp restore syndicate proc so it's a pretty good choice for this role. plus, it has max dispo from the long, long period when miter was a vaguely gun-shaped turd.

i still wouldn't use it for frames that rely solely on guns for killing poo poo, though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I use supra vandal to pop bubbles since it can also kill, and gives me a syndi proc just for having it out.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Miter kills the drone that makes the bubble when it hits the bubble though, not just force it into the backpack like other guns. Miter is the best against nullifiers cause it only needs 1 shot (~99.5% of the time), only needs the bubble in LOS, and it permanently gets rid of it. Not necessarily the best double duty gun, but when all you give a poo poo about is bubbles the Miter is the best.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Wisp is the best warframe. It has great abilities, it’s incredible for soloing, especially with the self-healing, while also amazing for group support, giving both survivability increases gun/melee output and tremendous cc, and that’s just the 1 ability. Is incredibly tanky between invisibility, invulnerability and the blanket aoe cc. You kinda have to be on top of your abilities for it to work though, not really a face tank. It’s the most fun warframe I’ve played in a long time. I guess you need a good gun, since the 4 is good damage but not something you can use all the time, however the increased attack speed makes a lot of guns good. I can not recommend it enough for basically anything from star chart to sorties. Public service announcement though: don’t use the stun reservoir on hydron, that’s unbelievably annoying as people will pick up the buff and run around inadvertently stunning mobs in weird corners, under the platform and so on, making the waves much slower.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Wisp is p cool to have in a party, the speed buff is so nice

also makes Imperators sound like the chaingun in an A-10

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DelphiAegis posted:

Isn't that the tile that has little boxes you can shoot to turn off the water? Or is that just the spy tile?

I admit I'm not on uranus much.

Thats the spy tile. The one I'm talking about is a room with some wrecked catwalks in it, and a big pool in the middle. Dive in, down and through a tunnel, and up into a similar room on the other side.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've only ever seen that tile every now and then on my many tyl regor equinox runs, and whenever it showed up in a public game it was certain that at least 1 pub would never make it past, therefore rendering the rest of the team unable to start the bossfight.

Then again i haven't even seen the infamous kuva surv pretzel maze in my last few dozen runs, so i'm either incredibly lucky or they actively lowered those tiles spawn chances in the tilegen (which i would greatly appreciate).

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
There’s one particular Uranus tile where the only way out of the pool room is a duct that’s super hard to visually locate cause the interior color blends well with the exterior and it looks like an uninterrupted wall

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Raptor1033 posted:

There’s one particular Uranus tile where the only way out of the pool room is a duct that’s super hard to visually locate cause the interior color blends well with the exterior and it looks like an uninterrupted wall

I've gotten lost in that room a few times myself. As much as I do like that the tiles on that planet, they really need to be cleaned up.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I know it will never happen, but Uranus as an underwater open world would own so much and would fix all the bullshit

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I hate that I like that idea.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I know it will never happen, but Uranus as an underwater open world would own so much and would fix all the bullshit

The Seas of somethingsomething

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I mean, the "open" part gets rid of the worst poo poo of Uranus (playing 'pick which tunnel actually goes the place you want') so I'm on board.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So, Basically just remake the Coral Highlands from MHW, but actually fill it with water?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Instead of a day/night cycle, the tides flow and recede.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Imagine an underwater open world where there is a night cycle. Might as well be a No Goon's Land.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I think the biggest hurdle with a 24/7 archwing (sharkwing) mode would be that 'wings just suck to play, their abilities aren't that fun, and Itzal just does everything you'd want.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I think the biggest hurdle with a 24/7 archwing (sharkwing) mode would be that 'wings just suck to play, their abilities aren't that fun, and Itzal just does everything you'd want.

Just give Elytron like double range+damage on all their powers due to shock waves propagating through the water from all their high explosive bullshit. or in general

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Imagine an underwater open world where there is a night cycle. Might as well be a No Goon's Land.

Make bank selling zone restricted resources to players with thalassophobia.

:capitalism:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

gently caress it, just make an entire open world expansion about fishing :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Anything less than 6 degrees of freedom is 0 degrees of freedom, I always say.