Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizer think tank aka the think tonk

:rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

It's why I used to like The Sims and enjoyed to some extent Skyrim. Though for some reason when Fallout did the whole "build your base" thing it totally flopped for me and I didn't enjoy it at all. So go figure.

Also because I missed some guy going off on me last night, :stare:

Fallout 4 base building really needs the Sim Settlements mod to come together mechanically and thematically. NPCs will upgrade their own structures into much more detailed and useful versions and you can assign one of your followers as a mayor and have them automatically gather resources and expand settlements without your input. It even improves the game's performance when settlements get bigger by adding multithread support.

It really is sad how the work of a single modder completely puts Bethesda to shame.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I bet you get super excited when you get a chance to actually be smug about something.

That's what? 2 times this year already?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Jonny Nox posted:

I bet you get super excited when you get a chance to actually be smug about something.

Which was the first?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jonny Nox posted:

There's a lot to be smug about as long as you don't care about the state of the "game." Chris Roberts and his live-in strangler have been stealing hundreds of millions of dollars for the better part of a decade now, they're getting away with it regardless of those meddling kids, and even the lawsuit might crash and burn. There's enough events in that arc of a story to produce enough smug to fuel the sun. As long as you don't expect a game to come out of it all.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Niiice :golfclap:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lack of Gravitas posted:

hello willow you are a beautiful pupper :kimchi:

Yes. Yes she is.

And she is such a good girl taking to her crate straight away:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jonny Nox posted:

I take what I can get.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

his nibs posted:

Dear Law Goons,

Have the chances of Space Court™ gone up or down please?

Using a US firm sidesteps the 'foreign company' bond requirement. I'm posting from the past, so let's see what I won....

Edit: "So what connection do you have to Robert's Space Industries?"

"None, but I have some very strong opinions and a mic bigger than my head."

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 4, 2019

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Forbes: Also free free to *not* contact this idiot.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The article doesn't even claim they've run out of money, right? Just that they've had to continually raise more to fund the game, if I recall.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Hav posted:

Using a US firm sidesteps the 'foreign company' bond requirement. I'm posting from the past, so let's see what I won....

Edit: "So what connection do you have to Robert's Space Industries?"

"None, but I have some very strong opinions and a mic bigger than my head."

I am a miserably confused goon. Do you mean Crytek using some kind of US subsidiary, or were you referring to the change in law firm?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

didn't the financials show that they were spending more than 40 million in 2017 when they had like 100 less employees than they do now?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Regarding alts:

You must have a Platinum Account to view this content

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The article doesn't even claim they've run out of money, right? Just that they've had to continually raise more to fund the game, if I recall.

That would require reading the article instead of going in full defense mode for Lying Chris. Also, CIG would actually be out of money if not for the "marketing" injections by third parties, and their own sugarcoated numbers suggest they're still spending about or more as much as they make, despite of the magic money dropping from the sky.

But yeah sure, record funding year blah blah blah. I'm sure that will turn the model viewer sandbox into a proper game soon(TM).

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

Is tojal the one who accused /r/starcitizen_refunds of doing actual crimes or was that someone else

That's a lovely catte. Is it yours?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9aJrxx2Qo

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Dementropy posted:

Regarding alts:

Huh, now see, I was always told that if you You must have a Platinum Account to view this content then you would?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I really don't think any Journalist needs to contact some random nobody youtuber to explain something he didn't actually suggest.

I do love the self importance he assumes for himself. That's some ego on that lil fella. :stonk:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sabreseven posted:

I really don't think any Journalist needs to contact some random nobody youtuber to explain something he didn't actually suggest.

I do love the self importance he assumes for himself. That's some ego on that lil fella. :stonk:

He has dozens of followers! Dozens!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 4, 2019

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I'm glad the gaming community still doesn't understand the Forbes thing was not an assault against the Star Citizen product. It was against the people behind the product, and designed as an insight for the type of people who have money (investors and venture capitalists) that may be being pursued by people looking for said money (failure man and his strangler wife). It was designed to display the character of those money seekers and that potential investors may want to think twice before investing in a man of known failures and his wife who is not entirely scrupulous.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

ShillGamer on CIG salaries and Chris Roberts the C-grade employee:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingTallBottlePoooound

A bit of Freudian slip there, eh Shill? :smuggo:

I love how he states that CIG employee salary range starts at ~20K. Even in mid-income countries programmers and digital artists get paid more than 20K a year (and this is net, not gross).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hav posted:

Skadden is a US firm. Do you mean a California firm? Although they have California offices, so idk.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

"Schmeckles" as a unit of currency?!?? :jewish: :dong:

:wtchris:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Wise Learned Man posted:

"Schmeckles" as a unit of currency?!?? :jewish: :dong:

:wtchris:

It's from Rick and Morty.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

Skadden is a US firm. Do you mean a California firm? Although they have California offices, so idk.

Massive brainfart on my part. I should go actually read the filing.

Edit: ‘ManAgiNg diReCtor’

I think Crytek is done. They’ve swapped out top flight IP representation for a local IP lawyer, and they still need a ‘motion to bond’ on the risk that Crytek will avoid paying costs. That’s in the next couple of weeks. I’m so owned that i’m going to watch the funding tracker rise with other people’s money.

I advise everyone in the thread to cope being owned by Citizens by encouraging them to increase their rate of spending on the basis that Chris is free and clear.

Hav fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 5, 2019

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It's from Rick and Morty.

Yet another sci-fi property CIG is ripping off? What haven't they cribbed from at this point?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wise Learned Man posted:

Yet another sci-fi property CIG is ripping off? What haven't they cribbed from at this point?

Working code

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Working code
:boom:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Peter.Quint posted:

That's a lovely catte. Is it yours?

Yep, thats Biscuit!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434040875?t=41m58s

RedActed podcast have a heated discussion about "buying meta/power" - they struggle to say Pay2Win :lol:

WTFOSaurus melts down live, Noobifier struggles to accept the Pay2Win nature of the game, and Astropub adds more negativity to the topic.

:laugh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Their burn rate is close to 50m a year though lol

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Flight model fidelity in action

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I love how the flight model looks jankier than such cutting edge games as the first Rogue Squadron or even the first wing commander game.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/1135755767590674432

Buy now, and invest for the future! Prices can only up up up! :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

How can anyone look at that and not realize that CIG didn't create a flight model.