Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

they're more mad because i guess the whole worlds first team was all supposed to get the new exotic, and they all got it anyway, so they obviously thought they got WF. they got beat by 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I mean you can just get a new one from the kiosk so dismantling it doesn't really mean anything

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Roman posted:

they're more mad because i guess the whole worlds first team was all supposed to get the new exotic, and they all got it anyway, so they obviously thought they got WF. they got beat by 5 minutes.

Why not keep the gun though?

They all just have a hissy fit and destoryed the gun for no reason? So weird.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I mean you can just get a new one from the kiosk so dismantling it doesn't really mean anything

Yeah exactly. He could of infused it or something.

So im guessing they just it because they were mad?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is his last opportunity to get worlds first in a raid, correct? At least for this game. He’s gotten close too many times to count. He also had a seriously embarrassing run at Last Wish where I’m surprised he didn’t suffer a pulmonary embolism for slogging away at it 24hrs straight only to beat it 4 minutes too late to get the 24hr name tag. He thought he had finally done it because they all got the weapon. When he found out he was second place he looked and sounded devastated. His girlfriend/wife(?) followed him out of the room to console him. I would not blame him at all if he just deleted his account at this point.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
5 minutes means the six people on team #1 are making their “new gun breaks crucible”/“woah this gun is crazy” videos and sucking up YouTube views.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Meat Dimension posted:

5 minutes means the six people on team #1 are making their “new gun breaks crucible”/“woah this gun is crazy” videos and sucking up YouTube views.

Monetizing said videos

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I would not blame him at all if he just deleted his account at this point.

we can only hope that we're that lucky

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

Why not keep the gun though?

They all just have a hissy fit and destoryed the gun for no reason? So weird.

E-bushido or some equally stupid rear end line of reasoning I'd guess

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Second is pretty good!

But i feel. When i won 199 games of trials in a row on D1 and lost the 200th in a 4/5 match i wanted to neck.

But then i was the first person in the world to get 200 comp wins in a row and it made things better :smug:

And then someone win traded their way to 700 in a row a couple of months later to prove that we should actually uninstall and now i have come full circle.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

E-bushido or some equally stupid rear end line of reasoning I'd guess

Oh. I was hoping they were not that dumb.

I thought maybe seej told them to delete it haha.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is his last opportunity to get worlds first in a raid, correct? At least for this game. He’s gotten close too many times to count. He also had a seriously embarrassing run at Last Wish where I’m surprised he didn’t suffer a pulmonary embolism for slogging away at it 24hrs straight only to beat it 4 minutes too late to get the 24hr name tag. He thought he had finally done it because they all got the weapon. When he found out he was second place he looked and sounded devastated. His girlfriend/wife(?) followed him out of the room to console him. I would not blame him at all if he just deleted his account at this point.

We still got 5 more years of this poo poo. I doubt that will be his last chance.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CheeseFactory posted:

We still got 5 more years of this poo poo. I doubt that will be his last chance.

Oh cool, I got plenty of time to come back then.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
WHO THE gently caress DESIGNED THE PURSUITS TAB THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED AS I TRY AND GET BACK INTO THIS GAME FUUUUUCK

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Menagerie is fun. Also,

https://i.imgur.com/LiMkwr6.gifv

What did that Sentinel THINK would happen??? (and props to my blueberry for solo nova bombing a titan while I had most of my super left)

Crucible is friggin goofy right now. Clash games go to time and end 69-68 because 12 players are hardscoping lanes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Menagerie rewards are pending further review tho

We spent about 20 minutes on it and I got a tangled shore cloak

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

WHO THE gently caress DESIGNED THE PURSUITS TAB THIS IS NOT WHAT I NEEDED AS I TRY AND GET BACK INTO THIS GAME FUUUUUCK

Yeah its loving bad.

I spent 5 minutes trying to find that oval office of a thing and had to message my clan mates to ask. Thought i was going loving bonkers

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

His girlfriend/wife(?) followed him out of the room to console him.

Close, she's his girlfriend/mom.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I guess if you do Calus-bot's weekly bounties, you get treasure maps. Go pick them up for another set of powerfuls, and then you get ANOTHER powerful. So nine total.

Also you can turn in Menagerie triumphs for 500 calus-bucks each. Goes a long way towards upgrading your chalice. Probably start with the two that give you extra weekly powerfuls? However, menagerie powerfuls are account-based, so you get 1-3 per week TOTAL, not per character, as I understand it.

menagerie fun. I got khepri's sting, the returning hunter exotic except now it has totally new perk- punching something deploys a point-blank smokebomb (if your melee is charged, probably void class only I didn't test yet) and you get wall hacks while in smoke. It used to be 4x melee damage on backstabs I think and crouch to go invisible.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
also RIP datto

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Tired: datto
Wired: datta

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

Probably start with the two that give you extra weekly powerfuls?

Yeah, first grants you all the chests which help replenish you and the second allows you to buy the Imperials booster from the new robot, again helping you replenish what you spent. I've gotten 2000 back so far on that second node unlock.

Third I went for bottom left unlock to start earning a new color of sigil or whatever these things are called. Gonna do the other two of that line next, just to have a stockpile of the cookie ingredients ready for once I do fully upgrade Eva's Calus' oven.

Kinda boring and lovely of a grind, this Chalice upgrading, but it's fine. Menagerie is cool just as a mindless activity, and is gonna be really cool once I can start rolling the dice at god rolls. Gauntlet Revisited sold me hard. New raid looks like a drag but :shrug:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Datto on the damage control with a quickness, immediately addressing his e-bushido hissy fit lmfao

https://youtu.be/P1XH_7OtDmY

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

"...We just had our hearts ripped out..."

Datto on the damage control with a quickness, immediately addressing his e-bushido hissy fit lmfao

https://youtu.be/P1XH_7OtDmY

Anyone got the clip of him having a hissy fit?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Love that half the new lore is Calus' weird fan-fiction he demanded to be written.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The worst thing about the bounty tab is I either have to hold select or hit start and select instead of just tapping start

Also give me more filters and sorts

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/pPhBInv.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/tYyQxF7.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
game sucks

https://i.imgur.com/V6PwOGY.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's not great but my gear page loads instantly now, so it's a trade off I'm willing to take

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Anyone got the clip of him having a hissy fit?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyConsiderateLorisKappa

Here's him being a despondent child and dismantling the gun. But that's as much time as I want to spend on Reddit, finding this. I'd love to see him actually finding out he wasn't first lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Controller buttons for switching between bounties/quests and sorting would improve things a lot.
Even then it's still bad. It could at least remember how I sorted things.
Having previews of the quest/bounty descriptions sounds good but in practice it just clutters the screen and needs more pages to show everything. I could find the Chalice a lot quicker if it was just an icon.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyConsiderateLorisKappa

Here's him being a despondent child and dismantling the gun. But that's as much time as I want to spend on Reddit, finding this. I'd love to see him actually finding out he wasn't first lol

Lmao what a big rear end baby

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The bounty page shouldn't have the descriptive text either. No one gives a poo poo about that. Dedicate that space to showing progress on stuff that has multiple progress bars. Or put the location the bounty needs to be done in to complete it. Or anything except what they did.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

The bounty page shouldn't have the descriptive text either. No one gives a poo poo about that. Dedicate that space to showing progress on stuff that has multiple progress bars. Or put the location the bounty needs to be done in to complete it. Or anything except what they did.

Love picking up multiple bounties from the same person, and having them all get entered out of order

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Love picking up multiple bounties from the same person, and having them all get entered out of order

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There are now crystals at the boss fight in Will of the Thousands. No one knows what to do with them yet, they're immune to damage.
https://imgur.com/a/jMMEpXc

Might be a thing like shooting the eggs with wish ender or whatever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heh I did that strike last night and didn't notice them.

Could be for one of those "do X while doing Y" quest steps they love to use. Like how there are taken blights in Io lost sectors now because of one of the Black Armory unlock quests or something like that.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cross save incoming, announced tomorrow. Looks legit.

https://twitter.com/GinsorKR/status/1136239019887607808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Huh. The Calus fanfic lore is charming, hilarious, and creepy, but I feel like it also kills any chance of using him as a serious character. Maybe I’m completely out of touch.