Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, my Canderous is G12 plus 1 piece and decent mods, and that puts him at 17532.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finally got Hermit Yoda, can anyone recommend a team for him that doesn't require General Kenobi?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

you're looking at G12 or G11 with a zeta. G12 alone might not be enough, and mods can help you out there.

I have HK at 11 (two pieces) with no zetas and random mods at 17.7 power. zCarth at g11, one piece, and one mod is 17.4, one more mod will put him over.

Mostly I'm assuming that I need to semi-rush Zalbar (g10), Mission (g8) and Candy (g8) for Malak, and that's going to take some stuns and a lot of cuffs, so any gear savings goes a long way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

I have HK at 11 (two pieces) with no zetas and random mods at 17.7 power. zCarth at g11, one piece, and one mod is 17.4, one more mod will put him over.

Mostly I'm assuming that I need to semi-rush Zalbar (g10), Mission (g8) and Candy (g8) for Malak, and that's going to take some stuns and a lot of cuffs, so any gear savings goes a long way.

HK's 6 abilities doing work for you there.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Syrinxx posted:

Finally got Hermit Yoda, can anyone recommend a team for him that doesn't require General Kenobi?

zQGJ, Ezra, HY, Old Ben and GMY.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

JKR
HY
GMY
Bastilla
Jolee

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

JKR
HY
GMY
Bastilla
Jolee

Oh. Well I hadn't even considered JKR. I didn't think he would have him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean regardless, don’t zeta qgj ityool 2019

Zbast
Gmy
Jolee/ezra
Old ben/kanaan
HY

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
old ben is an ok replacement for GK and is useful in some rebel teams once you do get GK.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Hermit yoda is one of the more versatile toons in game. You can put him in virtually any comp. Try him everywhere its fun.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

fishtobaskets posted:

Hermit yoda is one of the more versatile toons in game. You can put him in virtually any comp. Try him everywhere its fun.

And the escape mechanic definitely opens up possibilities as you build a raid roster. It is the next best thing to having 3 of him. Same with 3P0.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mr. Neutron posted:

Oh. Well I hadn't even considered JKR. I didn't think he would have him.
Being that I don't know what JKR stands for, I will assume I don't have him. Also don't have Jolee but I may try out Hermie in my current Jedi team which is zBast, Ezra, Aayla, Old Ben, GMY

I did see someone recommending a zBarris team with him? Anyone run that before?

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 6, 2019

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah if you have zBast then forget about zGQJ. That's a very decent team, replace Aayla with him.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Syrinxx posted:

Being that I don't know what JKR stands for, I will assume I don't have him.

Jedi Knight Revan. And yeah, if you don't have Jolee, you won't have him.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Time for yet another mobile game. kirtar / 329-489-842

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

fishtobaskets posted:

That's how I feel about Boba Fett.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So I've noticed something weird about the way this game handles auto battles. Every once in a while, I don't have the time to pay attention to an arena battle because I'm in the middle of a ton of stuff between work, my kid, etc. But I still want to finish my dailies, so I'll just auto an arena battle, as it's the most time consuming daily. This happens more often now, because I have the standard Jedi Knight Revan team, and it's mostly just boring mirror matches at my level anyway, and I just don't enjoy them. But, in theory, you'd think both my team, on auto, and my opponent's team on defense would use the same basic strategies, as they're the same team both on auto.

This is not at all how it goes, though. My team, on auto, will attack anyone but their Jolee (attacks him last every single time), and their team attacks my Jolee first. This happens every single time. The result of this is that my team can kill 3 or 4 of their guys while they've only killed my Jolee, and then their Jolee resurrects all of their guys and I lose. If I leave it solely on auto, this will be the end result essentially every single time, even playing against teams with way lower power levels. It's gotten to where I'll just grin and bear it and actually do it myself, or I'll control the battle long enough to kill their Jolee and then auto the rest, where I win.

It's fine, whatever, I'm auto playing the game, I'll take the loss. My question I guess is, what could be causing this? Does the game use a different auto system for offense versus defense? Why would it do this? To punish players who auto a battle? I don't think it's because my Jolee is just worse than their Jolee, at least not every time. He's G12 with 3 G12 pieces, and has almost completely upgraded mods, and this still happens when I face teams with a G11 Jolee.

It doesn't really matter. But it's bugging me not knowing what's going on.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
When on defensive the AI has a set of preprogrammed routines and priorities it follows, one being targeting Jolee. It is also intentionally not programmed to do the best choices as some teams would be very difficult when they are on D.

When you auto the game simply automatically clixks the buttons for you, with no AI or priorities at work. As such it will randomly target enemies if no enemy is pretargeted at the start, then stick to targeting whichever tank has taunt or taunted last.

So there is a difference between auto when on O and the AI when on D.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Some Dark Revan event observations:

Its surprisingly difficult, even with G12 dudes

Tier 2 should be a cakewalk

Tier 3 caught me by surprise at how hard it was, relatively speaking (Tier 3 in earlier legendary events have been absolute steamrolls)
Focus your attacks on the boss dude.

Tier 4
Easy, just 1 enemy so not a lot of tactics you can employ.

Tier 5
AOE down the first 3 waves. For wave 4 kill the Cryo bot first, then the big boss bot. Your AOEs should take care of the other bots while you focus him down.

Tier 6
DR and Jolee are event units, welp.
My Juhani is G8 and i beat this after a few tries. Very RNG based. Kill Bastila, ignore the bots, she just brings them back after they die. Fear on Bastila is your friend. Use Juhani's taunt + Fear to soak up several attacks from Bastila, letting DR grind her down.

Tier 7
Restart if Juhani or Zalbaar starts the fight with taunt.
No need to restart if T3-m4 dies in the initial volley. I'd even go so far as to say you want him to die in the initial volley as it likely means they put no taunts up and none of your other guys got hit.
You ideally want to kill Carth in your first round of attacks. Kill Zaalbar next. Hopefully your AOEs should have brought Missions fairly low at this point and she is out of stealth so focus her.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Thrawn is coming back and I've got five of the six Phoenix at 7 stars. Besides going after his ship is there any reason I should get Sabine up in this short window?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

HebrewMagic posted:

Thrawn is coming back and I've got five of the six Phoenix at 7 stars. Besides going after his ship is there any reason I should get Sabine up in this short window?

Her uses are minimal at this time, though her ship does own.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Who is the fifth in an Old Rep squad that doesn't steal from DR?

Any thoughts on current best Separatist squad for Padme, that doesn't require any of the recently released hard farms?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

WerrWaaa posted:

Any thoughts on current best Separatist squad for Padme, that doesn't require any of the recently released hard farms?

Wampa/DV/anyone who can apply DOTs

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
If you don't have Padme at all yet, and can field a replacement tank for JKR (or skip one if you have HY), GK works great. Counter synergizes well, he splits the taunts with Zaal, and he cleanses more often than Juhani would in that spot. It's a temporary solution at best, because once you have Padme, you'll want him there.

But yeah, wampa, Vader, zBarriss, or Visas Marr

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

The answer to your second question is kind of iffy, because we just got nute and dooku reworks and we don't really know how they'll affect ease of acquisition in the future.

but I'm guessing that Nute, B2, Sunfac, Spy, and AV would all work fine.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also spy just got nerfed and while net net, Nute and Dooku reworks make Padme easier when she comes back... Spy was the best strat last time, so nobody knows anything and don’t believe anyone who tells you they do.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
It wasn't the TM gain that made Spy good, though, was it? So won't he be just about as efficient after the nerf?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

It wasn't the TM gain that made Spy good, though, was it? So won't he be just about as efficient after the nerf?

I'm hard pressed to imagine a situation in which he would have even received TM from in the padme stack. Maybe on Poggle basic? But that wouldn't have ever mattered, really.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
This is a friendly reminder to anyone playing this game and following this thread: we have a very active discord channel that you should come join (link is in the spreadsheet). We get MUCH deeper into strategy, tactics, roster priorities, and Hockles pissplay fantasies there than we do in this thread.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Also you can let your non goony friends in, we don't bite hard

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fishtobaskets posted:

Hockles pissplay fantasies

I do not consent.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:siren::siren::siren:New Toon:siren::siren::siren:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206490/kit-reveal-wat-tambor/p1

UNIT NAME: Wat Tambor
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Separatist
A key member of the Separatist Council, Wat Tambor is a non-combatant Separatist support who distributes powerful Tech to his allies.

ABILITIES:

Basic: Binary Basic

Final Text: During Wat's turn: Dispel debuffs on target ally if any ally has debuffs. Apply Heal Over Time twice on all allies for 2 turns.

Out of turn: Inflict Damage Over Time twice on target enemy for 2 turns and remove 15% Turn Meter. This ability can't be evaded.

Special 1: Discharge Energy (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Revive a random Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally at 100% Health and grant all allies Protection Over Time (30%) for 2 turns. Trigger the healing of all Heal Over Time buffs on allies and the damage of all Damage Over Time debuffs on enemies.

Protection Over Time: Recover Protection each turn

Unique 1: Overseer
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, other Separatist and Dark Side Droid allies gain Max Protection equal to 30% of Wat's Max Health. All Separatist and Dark Side Droid allies have +30% Critical Avoidance while they have Heal Over Time.

Whenever an ally with Tech uses a Special ability, Wat is called to assist. If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Wat escapes from battle.

Unique 2: Mass Manufacture

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of battle, Wat gains a bonus turn and access to the following Tech in the form of abilities. When Wat uses a piece of Tech, the target other ally gains its effects until defeated or the end of battle.

The cooldown of each piece of Tech is set to max and can't be reduced if all allies have Tech or if it is active on an ally. Tech can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented, and an ally can only have one piece of Tech.

Chiewab Medpac: Recover 5% Health and Protection at the start of every character's turn, and 5% bonus Protection if this character is a Separatist
Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection
BlasTech Weapon Mod: Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; Attacks ignore defense and enemies defeated by this character can't be revived

SYNERGIES:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
New TB trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mnBhT9oWFw

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ooh, GK Cap ship! It's nice getting a cap ship for a person I already have maxed out.

Oh, there's no way I'll be able to get the ship at max for like a year, right?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Please don't have 6 rounds fights with tanky troopers in the new TB.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Ooh, GK Cap ship! It's nice getting a cap ship for a person I already have maxed out.

My guess is it'll be the GET2 store currency minion, sort of like HY/Wampa for GET1.

newershadow
May 18, 2014

Popete posted:

Please don't have 6 rounds fights with tanky troopers in the new TB.

Sure, if you’re okay with fighting Jedi with a reskinned Jolee instead.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

GK getting a cap poo poo is utter garbage. We don't have cap ships for several ship factions, while Republic Jedi already have Mace. We still need Sith/Sith Empire, Separatists (although they're supposedly getting a legendary one for Grievous), Scoundrels and/or Bounty Hunters, First Order and Resistance (although Resistance needs a few more actual ships as well).

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Just give scoundrels the entire planet of Nar Shaadaa as a capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

Just give scoundrels the entire planet of Nar Shaadaa as a capital

The pirate from Clone Wars had a Cap Ship. Bossk's ship probably could have been one. The ship that Maul and Savage steal before Savage dies and Maul fucks off to apparently make the Black Sun Cartel :cough: sorry crimson dawn syndicate could be a scoundrel/Sith cap ship. Whatever ship Saul Guerrera will be flying around in in the new Star Wars game could be a scoundrel cap ship. Zero the Hutt's ship from Clone wars. Give Vader his cap ship from episode V and give it bounty hunter synergy. Dryden Vos ship or the AT Hauler Beckett steals from Solo.

The entire fricking planet of Nar Shadaa or Nal Hutta. Whatever, there's a huge number of scoundrel/BH ships and they need a cap ship.

Resistance and FO both had capships in Episode 8, just give us Resistance Leader Leia and her magical cap ship (or let Holdo be it's admiral after Leia gets nuked).

Throw down the droid control ship with Nute so separatists/droids get one that doesn't require us to have Anakins ship maxed out.

Sith/Sith Empire could be any cap ship from the KOTOR or SWTOR games at this point as both games have characters in GOH. For just Sith you could do Vaders or the Emperors SSD's or either Death Star. Dooku's ship from Clone Wars.