Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vegetable posted:

https://ogn.theonion.com/everything-we-know-about-pokemon-sword-and-shield-1834641436

Gotta agree with them, there are like... too many Pokemon. Just add fewer per generation, yo.

They've been adding less and less for the last couple gens. It's been a while since the feast that was Gen V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vegetable posted:

https://ogn.theonion.com/everything-we-know-about-pokemon-sword-and-shield-1834641436

Gotta agree with them, there are like... too many Pokemon. Just add fewer per generation, yo.

This is what they have been doing though.

Aither
Aug 20, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If they add less than 100 new pokemon however I'll be right goosed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

They have been. Every time you get a ton of people complaining about how few there are or calling things like Aloha forms lazy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I stand corrected. Somehow it still feels like too many every time, though. Maybe because each gen they have a bunch of non-distinctive designs. Like here, I love that sheep but they could have made it any number of ways more distinct from Mareep.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
gently caress off, The Onion.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

We assumed the Sun legendary would be Fire type, and the Moon legendary to be Dark (or Fairy if your into old Pokemon lore). Nope. Psychic/Steel and Psychic/Ghost. I am expecting a similar swerve with the Sword/Shield legendareis in that neither will be Steel. So, like, Fighting and Fairy or something weird like that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Add more pokemon per gen imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also I love the spherical sheep with braided pigtails

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sounds like there's no random encounters

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1136281317853749249

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

wooloo should have no evolution but three different formes: Freshly Shorn, Fluffy, and CLOUD

also the boys need curly horns

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't mind that the new gimmick is just making pokemon bigger since at least it means that you'll be able to do it to all thousand or so, rather than only the special few

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sobble continues being me.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

thank gently caress, I don't think I can go back after being spoiled by LGPE

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't like that Z-moves are in Galar, it doesn't fit in with the mechanics of the universe. but I'll be happy to use them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I would have preferred random encounters over dodging crap on the overworld.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Vegetable posted:

wrong

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/picca_/status/1136304601311768576

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Zore posted:

But why.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Also who was the person here saying no one likes Hau because I’m here ready to fight you irl.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So after getting to watch the direct
Sword is the superior version and anyone who buys shield is dumb
Also I like the idea of giant enemy kaiju but I really don't like you doing it to your pokemon
I actually liked Z moves thematically and making your pokemon huge doesn't appeal to me, same way mega-evos don't. But oh well not like I have to use it.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

hopeandjoy posted:

Also who was the person here saying no one likes Hau because I’m here ready to fight you irl.

I’ll join in :bandwagon:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This Wild Area thing is loving tiny.

There's more screenshots on the website of stuff in the wild area and it looks like the bounds is more like this

Also wooloo's ability is called 'fluffy'.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 5, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zore posted:

Some of us want to get through a cave without the entire Zubat population jumping us every three steps, thank you.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
loving lol if you pick versions based on the legendary instead of other version exclusives who aren't going to rot in a box forever

Feb 2, 2005
Sobble better get a move called "Real Tears"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

cheetah7071 posted:

loving lol if you pick versions based on the legendary instead of other version exclusives who aren't going to rot in a box forever

But... Zif the great blue wolf is strong and my friend.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MikeJF posted:

There's more screenshots on the website of stuff in the wild area and it looks like the bounds is more like this

The wild area sounds like the testing ground for their next iteration of a more seamless overworld.
It'd also be cool if they do events that change the pokemon you can find there

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Some of us want to get through a cave without the entire Zubat population jumping us every three steps, thank you.

They still do this when the Zubats are on the screen though? Especially in the LG model where pokemon can spawn under your feet for unavoidable battles anyways.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ugh "Dynamaxing" is like the mega-evolutions but even sillier.

The game mostly looks pretty great, its the most technically impressive Pokemon by far. A full handheld pokemon RPG + full 3D console Pokemon Stadium.

Am I the only one who thinks the environments look really low-poly and basic? Its like they're still designing handheld games. This is Switch, its not a PS4/Xbox but comeon we can do better than this...

At least the environments look gigantic, and full of cool pokemon in the overworld, so that's a nice improvement.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how many pokemon will actually be catchable in this as opposed to having to trade via other systems and stuff

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Okay this alone has me sold on the game.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Pokemon Megathread: wooloo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Also wooloo's ability is called 'fluffy'.

nessie

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I'm going to catch the sheep and name it "Woolooigi"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

ya but I can just trade someone for any non-limited version exclusives.

it's harder to get people to give up legendaries

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The sheep is my second child. Typhlosion is my first son. The beta tiger would have been my son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

ya but I can just trade someone for any non-limited version exclusives.

it's harder to get people to give up legendaries

Just put an eevee on the GTS and some dumb child will gladly give up their legendary.