Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Travis Shaw has started to hit a little in the minors the last few games. http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=543768#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL He's supposed to be back next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Guy is still shopping Harper for a 1B. I have Goldy, Voit and Alonso and need a third baseman badly. Thinking about offering Goldschmidt + Clint Frazier (my most expendable bench guy) for Harper+Sano. Would that be a fair trade?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Guy is still shopping Harper for a 1B. I have Goldy, Voit and Alonso and need a third baseman badly. Thinking about offering Goldschmidt + Clint Frazier (my most expendable bench guy) for Harper+Sano. Would that be a fair trade?

Yeah that’s fair but I’d rather have Goldy. Maybe try Voit and a better piece than Frazier first?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

I would probably make that offer, but Harper is a bit difficult to value right now. I think Harper is finally starting to put it together, but even if he goes back to sucking, getting Sano is probably worth the downgrade at 1B. Especially if you're desperate for a 3B.

As a Harper owner myself, I am very happy to be in a points league with no penalty for strikeouts. The rest of my team is terrible though so it really doesn't matter I guess.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I think Buxton is finally happening, but now I have no place to play him in a 10 man league with 3 OF. Guess I'll spend tomorrow morning at work spamming trades to people.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fantasy Baseball 2017 - 2030: I think Buxton is finally happening.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

I think Buxton is finally happening, but now I have no place to play him in a 10 man league with 3 OF. Guess I'll spend tomorrow morning at work spamming trades to people.

I’ve been playing him during Meadows and Springer injuries in my dynasty league. Finally producing after I paid way too much for him last spring.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jimmy Nelson is back on Wednesday. I ended up dropping him to stash other guys. It's hard to rely on a pitcher coming off shoulder surgery, plus I heard his velo was down a bit in his rehab starts. If you held though, he gets a great matchup against the Marlins for his first start.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Am I in a low minority of people who don’t mind being offered a fair trade for a guy before he’s dropped? There’s a lot of drops I wished guys would’ve offered me to save a waiver or fight someone else for him.

I ask because I sent out a bunch of offers this morning to no takers and ended up dropping the guy and now feel guilty. But WHY

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fair is in the eye of the beholder

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For the sake of this example let’s say objectively fair. The question is does that actually upset anyone and why

I ask because I know a few who get OFFENDED and this tweet is common

https://twitter.com/fantasypros/status/1135193879479816195?s=21

Exactly. Players like Shaw.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 3, 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's a handful of guys in my long-time league that I trust thoroughly that I'll ask (1) who is the worst guy on your roster and (2) are they worth <player x> to gauge if they are willing to pay that price to get my lovely guy onto their roster without loving around with FAAB. I don't do this for everyone, just players I'm giving up on that others might not be ready to bail on. Like Travis Shaw a month ago, for example.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

the_american_dream posted:

For the sake of this example let’s say objectively fair. The question is does that actually upset anyone and why

I ask because I know a few who get OFFENDED and this tweet is common

https://twitter.com/fantasypros/status/1135193879479816195?s=21

Exactly. Players like Shaw.

There aren't really trade offers that offend me, the way I see it every lowball offer is just opening up a dialogue and provides an opportunity to counter.

I totally get why people would offer someone they are about to cut on a two for one, and in the right circumstance would totally take it it it saved me a waiver order/FAAB etc.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

DGladding posted:

There aren't really trade offers that offend me, the way I see it every lowball offer is just opening up a dialogue and provides an opportunity to counter.

This used to be my approach - I'd lowball a deal just to say "I am interested in this player, what do you want for him?" But that gets tiresome to people who know what they're doing and I find it much better to make a fair offer off the bat to let them know "I'm interested in this player and serious about giving you good value back." Lowballing to me just gets ignored and sours people on trading with you.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

fawning deference posted:

This used to be my approach - I'd lowball a deal just to say "I am interested in this player, what do you want for him?" But that gets tiresome to people who know what they're doing and I find it much better to make a fair offer off the bat to let them know "I'm interested in this player and serious about giving you good value back." Lowballing to me just gets ignored and sours people on trading with you.

I'll always start with something I think is fair, and with what I perceive to be a need of their's if I'm the one doing the offering.

This is more if I'm the one being offered to. I don't get offended that way. He's just trying to steal my numbers, not have sex with my sister.

I may laugh about it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My technique is I send a bunch of fair offers that people automatically reject because no one ever wants to trade unless they're loving over someone huge.

Also for some reason people love relief pitchers more than anything else. It's like tossing an SoJ into the trade offer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

For me part of it is a lot of people try to find a good trade "in a vacuum" or whatever but, especially when you're offering a 2-1 when you're getting the 1, no trade really works that way.

So like if you're offering me Travis Shaw and Luke Voit for Anthony Rizzo, That's probably objectively fair, or at least close enough for this example. But if I've got Sano at 3B, Mondesi at 2B, and let's say like Vogelbach and Brian Reynolds at UTIL...why would I want your trash? Plus I'd also have to drop a guy to put him on my roster, and who knows where I'm at there. And then seeing Shaw get dropped two days later just reinforces the point.

I dunno, hopefully that makes sense. That's what I mean when I say fair is in the eye of the beholder. Though when people offer me trades where I have situations like that I at least try to let them know where I'm coming from. If your leaguemates refuse to talk to you then I definitely understand the frustration.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Hiura demoted :argh:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dumbest move from what seems like a smartly ran organization

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

What's with Nola?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

he lost his command + gabe kepler is a moron + any and all sequencing ability he had has completely and inexplicably gone out the window

like he wasn't going to repeat last season, but this is just weird. i'm starting to think kepler and whoever the pitching coach is is ruining all their arms. none of their pitchers have good command, and most don't even have control. there's talent there, and it's just not being used like it should.

some people think he's hurt, too. i don't really buy that given the velocity is up from last season, but...maybe? something is definitely up with him, though.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 4, 2019

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I would really like it if Nola could get his poo poo together. He seems close. He was cruising today until it all fell apart in the sixth.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Cool so Nola and Fried freed up my week for me in one league at least.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Cool so Nola and Fried freed up my week for me in one league at least.

The last two days I’ve been hammering the Fried owner in my home league with trade offers. Glad he didn’t take them yet :v:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Bregor posted:

The last two days I’ve been hammering the Fried owner in my home league with trade offers. Glad he didn’t take them yet :v:

Someone in my league just dealt him for CJ Cron today.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Austin Riley :swoon:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thinking about offering Trevor Bauer and Castellanos for Buehler and Tatis

Good?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Thinking about offering Trevor Bauer and Castellanos for Buehler and Tatis

Good?

Seems alright. It just occurred to me that I'd target Castellanos when he got traded but somehow he's still a Tiger.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea I typically have Castellanos on a team or several every year but the rbis and runs aren’t there or will be and he’s not just a huge hr threat

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Somebody just offered me their Domingo Santana for my Kirby Yates :wtc:

I already have too many OFers and one of them is Haniger.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

Austin Riley :swoon:
when he got called up I told myself, you can't chase every prospect, who are you gonna drop, you don't need his positions, leave him be. Then he hit a homer in his debut and still no one else added him and the temptation was too much, and i grabbed him.

so far it's paid off more than Vlad Jr. who i drafted and held for 3 years

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yea I typically have Castellanos on a team or several every year but the rbis and runs aren’t there or will be and he’s not just a huge hr threat

Apparently he's anxious about getting traded and isn't hitting. That's at least what he's told reporters. I don't know. He looks different this year to me.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

when he got called up I told myself, you can't chase every prospect, who are you gonna drop, you don't need his positions, leave him be. Then he hit a homer in his debut and still no one else added him and the temptation was too much, and i grabbed him.

so far it's paid off more than Vlad Jr. who i drafted and held for 3 years

I've chased every prospect I could in all leagues this year. Sometimes I get Senzel and Riley, sometimes I get Kieboom and Nate Lowe.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Welp, Carlos Carrasco to the IL with some kind of blood condition. Not a lot of info yet, but I kind of get a 'done for the year' vibe.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

a mild case of aids

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m guessing Leukemia.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

jabro posted:

I’m guessing Leukemia.

It's Lupus.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I traded Carrasco for Glasnow and thought my luck was good when Glasnow got hurt immediately after and well here we are.

I also traded Kershaw and Markakis for an underperforming Nola and he has proceeded to be bad

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

It's never Lupus, you of all people should know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Gobias Ind. posted:

Welp, Carlos Carrasco to the IL with some kind of blood condition. Not a lot of info yet, but I kind of get a 'done for the year' vibe.

I'm about ready to give up on this year.