Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Uuuugh. 12 Team R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit to the season) league someone offered me this..
Give: Austin Meadows, TB RF
Give: Zack Greinke, Ari SP

Get: Miles Mikolas, StL SP
Get: Manny Machado, SD SS

And I feel very very bad/dumb for wanting to decline it because I cant really afford to give up any of the steals Meadows will give me and...I don't trust Machado! I am desperate for OPS.
I am dumb for not wanting Machado, right? I may counter with giving up a lesser SP.

E: fangraphs assorted projections slightly like machado more than meadows except for steals. the athletic's rankings now have them separated by 3 spots in overall hitters. pitcherlist's rankings by 7 spots. I hate this.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does this mean his teammates are going to take a road trip to play in the Astrodome?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChiTownEddie posted:

Uuuugh. 12 Team R, RBI, SB, OPS | IP, ERA, WHIP, K (162 start limit to the season) league someone offered me this..
Give: Austin Meadows, TB RF
Give: Zack Greinke, Ari SP

Get: Miles Mikolas, StL SP
Get: Manny Machado, SD SS

And I feel very very bad/dumb for wanting to decline it because I cant really afford to give up any of the steals Meadows will give me and...I don't trust Machado! I am desperate for OPS.
I am dumb for not wanting Machado, right? I may counter with giving up a lesser SP.

E: fangraphs assorted projections slightly like machado more than meadows except for steals. the athletic's rankings now have them separated by 3 spots in overall hitters. pitcherlist's rankings by 7 spots. I hate this.

Who do you have in the OF and at SS now? I think Greinke to Mikolas is a pretty big drop, especially since you're banking on Manny turning it around rather than maintaining.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

kimbrel to the cubs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone encountered an error on ESPN when making a trade? It says: "You must drop at least 1 player to clear your roster for the incoming player.". Fine, I choose a player to drop in the trade. Still gives me the error. I'm baffled.

I do have a pending trade that is waiting to be confirmed but I don't know why that would mess it up. It's a 1 for 1 deal.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
No but the site and app have been trash most the season so not shocking

No weekly Bauer Bitching from me today. Benched his rear end 😎

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Alright Max Kepler, I'll take that

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jose Ramirez hasn't even had like 3 consecutive games with a decent line all season. He's killing me

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone have an idea of how many starts Khris needs before OF elg? The dh only in espn is really hamstringing me

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone have an idea of how many starts Khris needs before OF elg? The dh only in espn is really hamstringing me

Bad juju

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

ESPN has stricter eligibility requirements than Yahoo. A guy needs 20 games played (not started) in the previous year to qualify, or 10 GP in the current year. Davis has 3 games in the OF this year so he needs 7 more.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
What do you guys think about Jordan Hicks for Justin Upton?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Giving up Hicks? I'd do that at this point in the season. Even more so if it's H2H

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Caleb Smith was cut should I bet on a bounceback after his last few outings?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Doltos posted:

Caleb Smith was cut should I bet on a bounceback after his last few outings?

Depends on how deep the league is, but I am not entirely convinced after his hot start.

I am getting sick of Bauer.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m not that worried about smith. He’s dinger prone and played in Miller. Probably just start him at home for a while when he’s off the IL

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Someone dropped Albies in my 10 man redraft league. Has he really been that bad?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

coronaball posted:

Someone dropped Albies in my 10 man redraft league. Has he really been that bad?

he's been pretty useless batting against righties. i'd possibly be dropping him in 12 team redrafts too

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Trying to consolidate my offense in a H2H, I just moved Nola and Machado for Trea Turner and Wil Myers. Please tell me I didn’t gently caress up.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zac Plesac is cool

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Trying to consolidate my offense in a H2H, I just moved Nola and Machado for Trea Turner and Wil Myers. Please tell me I didn’t gently caress up.

I like it. Turner is a beast.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeepDickPizza posted:

Given how bad both those players have been I think getting Trea Turner is a steal, literally and figuratively.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Cool. The other guy was desperate to shore up his pitching staff, so I was glad he bit on it. An underperforming 2nd and 3rd rounder for a 1st. I think Nola and Machado will both come around to an extent, but pairing Turner with Yelich at the top of my offense is very nice. Myers isn't exactly a slouch, either.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tatis Jr hitting the ground running

wb kid

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

fawning deference posted:

Zac Plesac is cool

I just tried to grab him and he's already taken. Waiver wire is somehow pitching barren. This 12 team $20 Yahoo pro league is way goddamn deeper than any 12 team should ever be. I'm hating fantasy so much this year.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Can I drop Eloy Jimenez yet

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I have.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I traded Escobar for Carpenter, who plays multiple positions and seems to be heating up. Wish me luck

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tried to bench Manny Machado today but every guy is getting a day off today it seems. :negative:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Here comes Yordan

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Here comes Yordan

:bisonyes:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jack Flaherty :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Here comes Yordan

:yeshaha:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy Kikuchi :negative:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Woo after much screaming and cursing at my app/computer I managed to get Alvarez in the two leagues I care about :buddy:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Any New York fans have insight on Aaron Judge?

I was offered Judge for Gerrit Cole, which is iffy given his injury. However, the league has unlimited weekly transactions, which allows for a wildly different pitching strategy in terms of streaming. My starting staff of Cole, Sale, Minor, Bumgarner, Hill is pretty drat good and I probably wouldn't want to break it up in most leagues, but I feel hitting is further undervalued in such a league.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

YORDAAAAANNNN

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cowards

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Well gently caress now I have to keep Eloy around. Just sucks because I have Tatis Jr and Didi stuck on the DL in that league, and no good drops (why yes that team is in 1st place)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do I want to stream Plesac, Pivetta, or Hudson this week 🤔

Ah Trevor Richards it is!

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 10, 2019