Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gortarius, 2017 posted:

Developing Barkley 2 is a fate I wouldn't wish even upon my worst enemies.

Ironically my worst enemies are the people on the B2 dev team.

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Groovelord Neato posted:

RELEASE THE DEMO.

I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I tried to warn you, dog.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

uncurable mlady posted:

someone should pitch this to noclip, i bet danny would do a video on it

BARKLEMON

featuring

Bisse as THE WOODCUTTER
Hiratio as THE INFAMOUS BANDIT
Gortarius as THE PRIEST
cboy as THE GELATINOUS CUBE
Bhroom as THE SAMURAI
lordosis_gamer as THE MEDIUM
and introducing FrankieSmileShow as A MOTHERFUCKING GOD

(Please kickstarter my script; tia)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dizz posted:

I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I tried to warn you, dog.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
This is just going to drag on forever. It's hopeless.

MagurEnch
Nov 28, 2015

Chef if you're still reading this thread: how many of those movie theater videos did you end up making?

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gortarius posted:

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Gortarius posted:

So you're saying...there's a chance?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Y'all should release the music assets you have, though. Possibly as a secret bootleg on Youtube.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
For the rest of my days, every time I see someone use an apostrophe incorrectly I will look back and fondly think of Barkley 1, all the Barkley 2 stuff we got, and this thread. And I hope that one day the cool devs will be able to do that too, or at the very least, that nobody ever reminds them of Barkley 2 and they get to pretend it never existed.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Ok let's start drawing lines in the sand here

The game is hosed, but don't lose faith! We can get this done
bhroom, Bort

The game is hosed, but maybe it can be salvaged
Frankie (?), cboyardee (?)

The game is hosed, and is hosed forever
GZ, Laz, Bisse (?)

Is that about right?

We should hold a Barkley 2 Summit

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The White Dragon posted:

the trick is not to employ your friends and family, or anyone at all for that matter. that way the only person you alienate is the one rear end in a top hat you can't get rid of

lol deltarune is gonna end up being a raging dumpster fire and we’re gonna find out toby fox is a huge rear end in a top hat and potentially some form of deviant

or did that already happen

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gortarius posted:

I'm here for it tbh

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Raiad posted:

lol deltarune is gonna end up being a raging dumpster fire and we’re gonna find out toby fox is a huge rear end in a top hat and potentially some form of deviant

i mean he's a millionaire so he's fine.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I came to read about game details and instead I get all this tea

Barkley 2 should stay dead. dont bother fixing it. It won't be the same

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Raiad posted:

he did a track for YIIK before that game and its devs were revealed as an alt-right shitpile and took his name entirely out of association from it

so rear end in a top hat no, deviant possibly

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Raiad posted:

why would deltarune gently caress up? toby already put out a functioning and promising demo

obviously toby fox is a deviant though he's a former homestuck content creator turned (heavily furry)indie game maker

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
the best way 2 talk to each other is maybe not to make individual blog posts & "sub"tweets within a Somethingawful thread while various middle-aged forum olds do their best mst3k impression around it but instead have a FINAL convo where u at least figure out some of this stuff over the table with each other instead of randomly throwin barbs and apologies interspersed in posts about gun's
Then come back & make those posts

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

WarpDogs posted:

Ok let's start drawing lines in the sand here

The game is hosed, but don't lose faith! We can get this done
bhroom, Bort

The game is hosed, but maybe it can be salvaged
Frankie (?), cboyardee (?)

The game is hosed, and is hosed forever
GZ, Laz, Bisse (?)

Is that about right?

I think I have a better model to place devs on

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but i thought the problem was that the devs could never get into the testing phase!!!!!!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the next best thing to the game coming out is for it to stay in development hell forever so that we can all gather round and behold the blazing dumpster as its eternal fires rage forever, never ceasing, until the universe dies

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

release the demo. please sb

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

the best way 2 talk to each other is maybe not to make individual blog posts & "sub"tweets within a Somethingawful thread while various middle-aged forum olds do their best mst3k impression around it but instead have a FINAL convo where u at least figure out some of this stuff over the table with each other instead of randomly throwin barbs and apologies interspersed in posts about gun's
Then come back & make those posts

I mean they all left the project and are now talking on here and like those that didn't keep in touch are finding about stuff. This project is dead, I don't see how anything can come from it now since only Bhroom and that one programmer he has are working on it. If they all decide to have a final convo, I'm not sure what it will accomplish other than getting their feelings out there (which are practically already been posted to the thread). If Hiratio didn't come here to say that the project was dead then none of this would have happened. People don't like to admit their failures and it was literal years before we got any actual update on B2.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i think this calls for a second kickstarter

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

he did a track for YIIK before that game and its devs were revealed as an alt-right shitpile and took his name entirely out of association from it

Toby once released an entire rock opera about mpreg, deviant seems likely.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I heard that game sucked but I'd never heard about that before. Got a link?

WarpDogs posted:

I hope for a peaceful two-state solution to the Barkley 2 Crisis.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

cock hero flux posted:

i think this calls for a second kickstarter

Agreed

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

never barkley game over

thank

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

IronicDongz posted:

I think I have a better model to place devs on

Escape from Kübler-Ross 7

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 6, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Stabbatical posted:

I heard that game sucked but I'd never heard about that before. Got a link?
There's a big Let's Play that just finished up and hasn't archived yet...

But if you want a short version, they added a third "true" ending to their game with a path that starts with Dick Masterson giving you a literal Red Pill

and one of the devs said this:
https://twitter.com/TheLordOfLard/status/1119659260105773056

on this podcast:
https://twitter.com/videodante/status/1119722741714677761

if that's not enough I can go deeper, but something tells me it is.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
I'm sorry to say that this thread does not adhere to the original design document of Good Vibes Posting and will not be receiving any more content

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bkarkley

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

having worked on projects that took similar nosedives this is actually already remarkably close to the standard procedure for indie projects without any form of experienced direction

shock: initial flurry of ideas, writing the design document, no actual work being done beyond coming up with the concepts
denial: realization that you're going to have to start doing actual work now and that the initial fun brainstorming stage is over, trying to keep it going as long as possible because actual honest-to-god work sucks and there was always this idea at the back of your head that this was going to be a fun project and not work
anger: actual work begins, motivation surges, progress is made, effort is put in, things are done but it's all very disorganized and comes in bursts
bargaining: realization everything you did in the previous stage was a haphazard mess, none of it actually fits together into a complete product, trying to forge ahead and make it all work anyway, surely all this effort we put in must have paid off, this can all come together
depression: nope it's hosed, it's a huge mess and the amount of work required to salvage it would be astronomical
testing: but maybe, just maybe, what if we, we can still...
acceptance: nope, it's hosed

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raiad posted:

well, it's not a kickstarted game, and toby hasn't milkshake ducked himself after becoming a very prominent figure for indie devs.

Chances are he's just a fine guy like Notch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

spit on my clit posted:

Chances are he's just a fine guy like Notch.
I got some news for you friendo

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

i thought the YIIK devs was just assholes, where did they come out as alt-right

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I got some news for you friendo

if this results in "as seen on his twitter feed" i'm not going to care because literally everyone who uses twitter is Alt Right

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I mean Notch doesn't talk any other place, but like, Variety had this scoop literally a month ago...:

quote:

“Minecraft” creator Marcus “Notch” Persson, who sold the title to Microsoft for $2.5 billion in 2014, won’t be part of 10-year anniversary plans for the game because of his “comments and opinions,” Microsoft tells Variety.

“His comments and opinions do not reflect those of Microsoft or Mojang and are not representative of ‘Minecraft,” a Microsoft spokesperson told Variety.
Dude's bad enough that he was disowned by a large corporation (hint, it's because he tweeted about heterosexual pride and it "being okay to be white"), is that good enough for you?

I'm not exactly a fan of abyss gazing but someone's gotta do it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean Notch doesn't talk any other place, but like, Variety had this scoop literally a month ago...:

Dude's bad enough that he was disowned by a large corporation (hint, it's because he tweeted about heterosexual pride and it "being okay to be white"), is that good enough for you?

I'm not exactly a fan of abyss gazing but someone's gotta do it

i do not see the problem with these. i am gay as hell and i feel that pride month is just the time for all the brands to go YASS GAY PEOPLE. them removing him for this seems like if they removed Sylvester Stallone's name from Rambo because he said gently caress australia.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
he also said trans women aren't women, that privilege is made up, etc etc

he's a piece of work who is still socially isolated despite being rich because basically no one can stand him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IronicDongz posted:

he also said trans women aren't women, that privilege is made up, etc etc

he's a piece of work who is still socially isolated despite being rich because basically no one can stand him

so he's rich, he spends too much time on twitter, and nobody likes him. sounds like if lowtax got a lucky break