Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

imagine a pound of ground beef in a package at the grocery store. that's how close to obese the president was

imagine at least 239 pounds of ground beef. that's the president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Plank Walker posted:

imagine at least 239 pounds of ground beef. that's the president

ground pork imo

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

HobbitGrease posted:

the trailer for Biggest Little Farm reminded me that the 'raw milk debate' is still a thing in America, which reminded me of the time a bunch of West Virginia state legislators passed a bill legalizing raw milk, drank raw milk, then got sick with diarrhea*

*(they insist it wasn't the raw milk but they're probably full of poo poo, figuratively and literally)

the time WVs legislature impeached their entire Supreme Court for corruption and the justices complained it was a normal amount of corruption and they were being impeached in bad faith

the time WVs governor went republican to get rick Perry’s national security coal subsidies

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rick Perry being one of Trump's non-awful cabinet appointments because, shockingly, he let his department employees do their jobs.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Scott Pruitt and his quest for mattresses and soaps

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Rick Perry being one of Trump's non-awful cabinet appointments because, shockingly, he let his department employees do their jobs.

not really, no

quote:

quote:

Can you provide a list of all Department of Energy employees or contractors who have attended any Interagency Working Group on the Social Cost of Carbon meetings?

Can you provide a list of Department employees or contractors who attended any of the Conference of the Parties (under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) in the last five years?

That, in a nutshell, was the spirit of the Trump enterprise. “It reminded me of McCarthyism,” says Sherwood-Randall.

After Pyle’s list of questions wound up on Bloomberg News, the Trump administration disavowed them, but a signal had been sent: We don’t want you to help us understand; we want to find out who you are and punish you. Pyle vanished from the scene. According to a former Obama official, he was replaced by a handful of young ideologues who called themselves “the Beachhead Team.” “They mainly ran around the building insulting people,” says a former Obama official. “There was a mentality that everything that government does is stupid and bad and the people are stupid and bad,” says another. They allegedly demanded to know the names and salaries of the 20 highest-paid people in the national-science labs overseen by the D.O.E. They’d eventually, according to former D.O.E. staffers, delete the contact list with the e-mail addresses of all D.O.E.-funded scientists—apparently to make it more difficult for them to communicate with one another. “These people were insane,” says the former D.O.E. staffer. “They weren’t prepared. They didn’t know what they were doing.”

“We had tried desperately to prepare them,” said Tarak Shah, chief of staff for the D.O.E.’s $6 billion basic-science program. “But that required them to show up. And bring qualified people. But they didn’t. They didn’t ask for even an introductory briefing. Like ‘What do you do?’ ” The Obama people did what they could to preserve the institution’s understanding of itself. “We were prepared for them to start wiping out documents,” said Shah. “So we prepared a public Web site to transfer the stuff onto it—if needed.”

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Not the US and paraphrasing here but an exchange in Australian Parliament:

Turnbull: "I am a country member!"
Whitlam: "I remember."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tbf everything everywhere really is "stupid and bad"

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The netflix orc cop movie about racism

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Bushiz posted:

Your whining is blocking my dream of all movies having orcs

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bushiz posted:

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Karl Rove rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5RD9BhcCo

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
There was going to be a movie starring Will Ferrell as a sundowning Reagan who starts a war thinking he's just acting, but Reagan's son complained so it was cancelled

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

LOL I just remembered when Hillary during the '08 primaries made up that she flew into Bosnia under sniper fire and then had to apologize and when she did, did so in her typical way of not admitting she was wrong and being obviously upset that she'd have to apologize for making anything up in the first place.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hopkins FBI posted:

There was going to be a movie starring Will Ferrell as a sundowning Reagan who starts a war thinking he's just acting, but Reagan's son complained so it was cancelled

If you publically diss or go against Reagan your political career is over, and that's just if you are a democrat

Can't wait for Tumpl to be beyond approach from both parties in the next 10 or 20 years

Hell Dubya is probably at that point now

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

If you publically diss or go against Reagan your political career is over, and that's just if you are a democrat

Can't wait for Tumpl to be beyond approach from both parties in the next 10 or 20 years

Once he dies, he's gonna get a Nixon-style rehabilitation.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

LastInLine posted:

LOL I just remembered when Hillary during the '08 primaries made up that she flew into Bosnia under sniper fire and then had to apologize and when she did, did so in her typical way of not admitting she was wrong and being obviously upset that she'd have to apologize for making anything up in the first place.

you gotta post the video

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Azathoth posted:

Once he dies, he's gonna get a Nixon-style rehabilitation.

long before that, nixon was an elder statesman by the first reagan administration.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

R. Guyovich posted:

long before that, nixon was an elder statesman by the first reagan administration.
If he somehow doesn't keel over by the end of his successor's term, I'll buy that, but at this point, I would say the odds of making it are not great. As someone with a similar ...ahem... frame... guys built like us don't live into their 80s very often.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jesus christ I've never stomached the entire video. Is that loving Brad Sherwood?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Oh god it has to be that is definitely Colin Mochrie beatboxing fuuuck

Stunning Honky has issued a correction as of 04:32 on Jun 5, 2019

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wT9XS_TvzQ

one time our then opposition leader who later became prime minister hard-locked for 30 seconds straight because it was taking all his self control not to punch on with a journalist for asking him to explain an cruelly callous comment

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The Kennedy assassination, everything about it

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Shubel Morgan and That Hate Amerikkka Beat

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Peanut President posted:

you gotta post the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZHO1vo762c

The apology acknowledgement I remembered is at the end but honestly all three minutes are worth watching. No idea why it shows the "video not here" preview, it plays inline just fine for me?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Former DILF posted:

The Kennedy assassination, everything about it

CIA agent George H. W. Bush was in Dallas and pulled the trigger, he was later made CIA director for his marksmanship

this is canon

A Handed Missus has issued a correction as of 15:15 on Jun 5, 2019

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Just loling that elizabeth "paleface" warren claimed to be native and then got roasted so hard by trump she took a dna test and confirmed she is a cracker rear end honky and had to apologize lol. Get this shes still running LOL. Then she got called a Rachael Dolezal to her face lol. Cant wait for some more incredibly powerful self owns

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Terminal autist posted:

Just loling that elizabeth "paleface" warren claimed to be native and then got roasted so hard by trump she took a dna test and confirmed she is a cracker rear end honky and had to apologize lol. Get this shes still running LOL. Then she got called a Rachael Dolezal to her face lol. Cant wait for some more incredibly powerful self owns

The Elizabeth Warren story is particularly funny to me because in Oklahoma almost everyone I knew claimed some degree of Native American heritage and that seemed to be the norm there.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Charlie Kirk admonishing "the left" for not recognizing some California Republican as the first Asian-American woman to be elected to Congress

followed by people pointing out there were several Asian-American women serving in Congress at the very minute

followed by the rest of the votes being counted and the Republican woman losing handily

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

A Handed Missus posted:

CIA agent George H. W. Bush was in Dallas and pulled the trigger, he was later made CIA director for his marksmanship

this is canon

jfk died of a self inflicted gunshot wound, as per the warren commission

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In Tactics Ogre, a japanese videogame that takes place in a medieval fantasy world with a story inspired by the Balkan Wars, the datalog full of info is named the Warren Report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDU8LC5PLI

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

I'm told that the memory of "Bill DeBlasio fatally dropped that groundhog" is currently trending on Tumblr.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

I'm told that the memory of "Bill DeBlasio fatally dropped that groundhog" is currently trending on Tumblr.

and the zoo tried to cover it up. they sat on the dead groundhog news for several months before releasing it. :hmbol:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It might have survived if BdB wasn’t so tall.

I walked down the subway stairs at the same time as him once. He’s a mammoth

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

were you like 'Ey im walkin down the stairs here!'

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yes verbatim

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Absolutely everything about Chris Kyle and American Sniper.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Absolutely everything about Chris Kyle and American Sniper.

I liked how they cast Bradley Cooper when the dude looked exactly like Chris Pratt

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

tinstaach posted:

Charlie Kirk admonishing "the left" for not recognizing some California Republican as the first Asian-American woman to be elected to Congress

followed by people pointing out there were several Asian-American women serving in Congress at the very minute

followed by the rest of the votes being counted and the Republican woman losing handily

lol I missed that but it sounds super on brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/KevinSpacey/status/1077263549326651392