Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the final lineup for the Asian Megadrive Mini, exclusives in bold:

Alien Soldier
Alisia Dragoon
Assault Suits Leynos (Target Earth)
Beyond Oasis/Story of Thor
Castlevania Bloodlines
Columns
Comix Zone
Contra Hard Corps
Darius
Game no Kanzume Otokuyou
Ghouls n Ghosts
Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker
Langrisser 2
Megaman Wily Wars
Mickey in Castle of Illusion
Mickey & Donald in World of Illusion
Monster World 4
MUSHA
Outrun 2019
Phantasy Star 4
Puyo Puyo
Puyo Puyo 2
Puzzle & Action Tant-R
Revenge of Shinobi
Road Rash 2
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
Sonic
Sonic 2
Slap Fight MD
Snow Bros
Space Harrier 2
Streets of Rage 2
Strider
Super Fantasy Zone
Sword of Vermilion
Tetris
Thunder Force 3
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Wrestleball (Powerball)

It'll let you choose the English versions of each game where possible, same as the Japanese version. It comes with 6-button controllers despite having almost no games that use them, let alone require them like SF2.

Wonder if Langrisser turns into Warsong in that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Warsong was Langrisser 1.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It'll let you choose the English versions of each game where possible, same as the Japanese version. It comes with 6-button controllers despite having almost no games that use them, let alone require them like SF2.

Wait, the American one is getting street fighter but no 6 button controllers and the Japanese one is getting the controller but no Street Fighter? What the hell?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Skwirl posted:

Wait, the American one is getting street fighter but no 6 button controllers and the Japanese one is getting the controller but no Street Fighter? What the hell?

The Japanese one is getting Street Fighter, this one's a variant for mainland & south-east Asia.

Yes, the American one is getting Street Fighter (and Eternal Champions) but comes with 3-button controllers, yes it's stupid. The controller ports are USB and it'll support Retro-bit's replica Sega controllers so people who want to upgrade can upgrade but it's still dumb.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Japanese one is getting Street Fighter, this one's a variant for mainland & south-east Asia.

Yes, the American one is getting Street Fighter (and Eternal Champions) but comes with 3-button controllers, yes it's stupid. The controller ports are USB and it'll support Retro-bit's replica Sega controllers so people who want to upgrade can upgrade but it's still dumb.

They should've just made six-button controllers and called it a day. There's zero reason to make a second controller model when they're bundled in with the console anyway, especially when it's inferior in every sense.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
PC Engine and/or NeoGeo Mini that works like a Switch and turns into its respective handheld.

I can dream, right? :shepspends:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fuzz posted:

PC Engine and/or NeoGeo Mini that works like a Switch and turns into its respective handheld.

I can dream, right? :shepspends:

It sucked.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Kins posted:

It sucked.

It’s so sad this thing sucked when it looked so drat cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The emulation quality of the Mini isn't much better, it turned out to be very similar to the Neogeo X in the end.

They're still making new versions of the Neogeo Mini, there's a Samurai Shodown-themed variant coming out soon.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The US mini should come with one six button pad and one three button pad, so you get to fight over ‘the good one’ with your friend just like in the 90s.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

EL BROMANCE posted:

The US mini should come with one six button pad and one three button pad, so you get to fight over ‘the good one’ with your friend just like in the 90s.

:hmmyes:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The Kins posted:

It sucked.

I have one of these, it's a mess and they dropped support for it after 1 batch of games. It is rubbish when hooked up to a TV.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
So here's the final list and I went through the effort of organizing them in groups by game quality since you all wanted to know what I think of them so here it is

:siren: Great Game :siren:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Ecco the Dolphin
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Shining Force
Gunstar Heroes
Thunder Force III
Shinobi III
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Contra Hard Corps
Landstalker
Beyond Oasis
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Alisia Dragoon
Monster World IV
Dynamite Headdy
Light Crusader

:geno: Okay Game :geno:

Columns
Strider
Road Rash II
Space Harrier 2
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
ToeJam & Earl
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Super Fantasy Zone
Mega Man®: The Wily Wars
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball
Vectorman
Kid Chameleon

:piss: BAD GAME :piss:

Comix Zone
Altered Beast
Earthworm Jim
Virtua Fighter 2
Eternal Champions
Street Fighter II®: Special Champion Edition
Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
Golden Axe

:sweatdrop: WHY :sweatdrop:

Tetris
Darius
virtua fighter 2 again

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Overbite posted:

Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
Golden Axe

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I love sonic spinball, warts and all...

:saddowns:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Street Fighter II®: Special Champion Edition w/ just a 3 button pad absolutely fits.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This, plus Toejam and Earl NOT in the first category?

:argh:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Remember being a kid and trying to justify to your mom that you needed another controller because you had to press the start button to alternate between kicks and punches in your fighting game.

That's the controler we had going up, and I'll be damned if this new generation can play it differently that I did.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Jagged Jim posted:

Street Fighter II®: Special Champion Edition w/ just a 3 button pad absolutely fits.

This is why its in the bad catagory

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Overbite posted:

So here's the final list and I went through the effort of organizing them in groups by game quality since you all wanted to know what I think of them so here it is

:siren: Great Game :siren:

Sonic the Hedgehog
Ecco the Dolphin
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Shining Force
Gunstar Heroes
Thunder Force III
Shinobi III
Streets of Rage 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Contra Hard Corps
Landstalker
Beyond Oasis
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Alisia Dragoon
Monster World IV
Dynamite Headdy
Light Crusader

:geno: Okay Game :geno:

Columns
Strider
Road Rash II
Space Harrier 2
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
ToeJam & Earl
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Super Fantasy Zone
Mega Man®: The Wily Wars
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Sonic The Hedgehog Spinball
Vectorman
Kid Chameleon

Comix Zone
Altered Beast
Earthworm Jim
Virtua Fighter 2
Eternal Champions
Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
Golden Axe

:sweatdrop: WHY :sweatdrop:

Tetris
Darius
virtua fighter 2 again

Jesus Christ

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Man Eternal Champions makes me sad. It had everything it needed to be a fantastic game - great story, amazing graphics for a Genesis game, cool move sets, etc.

But the actual gameplay was atrocious, and since it was a fighting game first and foremost, that was unforgivable.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Medullah posted:

Man Eternal Champions makes me sad. It had everything it needed to be a fantastic game - great story, amazing graphics for a Genesis game, cool move sets, etc.

But the actual gameplay was atrocious, and since it was a fighting game first and foremost, that was unforgivable.

I had the Sega CD version, it just played a FMV for the fatalities

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I hope the Sega Classic gets hacked so I can put Rocket Knight Adventures on there

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1136827241898360833

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

More like Oldegg. :smug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's almost the same price in Australia right now ($40AUD), so you KNOW they're trying to toss them out ASAP.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I actually kinda wonder if they'll sell out at the $30 price point. Vita TV units sold out relatively quickly at $20 and those were the models that didn't have a controller.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They sold out in a few hours when EB games put them down to $20 Canadian last month

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Now that I think about it, Amazon will probably pricematch sooner or later at which point would actually start a run on the systems.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dehry posted:

I actually kinda wonder if they'll sell out at the $30 price point. Vita TV units sold out relatively quickly at $20 and those were the models that didn't have a controller.

PSTV units are actually useful, and all you need is a bog-standard dualshock 3 or 4.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
man i have a pstv gathering dust right now. i oughta mess around with that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dehry posted:

Now that I think about it, Amazon will probably pricematch sooner or later at which point would actually start a run on the systems.

It'd need to get way lower than 29.99 to start any kind of run.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Healbot posted:

It'd need to get way lower than 29.99 to start any kind of run.

Sure they’ll get low enough to be worth it by the holidays.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Best Buy went $29.99 now

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dash Rendar posted:

man i have a pstv gathering dust right now. i oughta mess around with that.

Or sell it, check the prices on ebay.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
$30 was my purchase threshold, so I bought one from Amazon. I'm not sure what I'll actually do with it though; the games included are uninteresting enough to even lob at the kids and I have a PSP I actually use for the PSX games I care about.

I guess if AutoBleem works as advertised then I might load it up with some PSX games for the novelty of playing on TV.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I guess if AutoBleem works as advertised then I might load it up with some PSX games for the novelty of playing on TV.
Trip report: Autobleem does work as advertised assuming you have a compatible USB stick. The Micro Center house-brand ones do. I was also able to copy over my PSOne Classics using psxtract. Not too bad for $30ish.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there any way to make the games not run like trash?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

To go back to our good friend the SNES Classic, is there a recommend link will take you through the whole process, has the latest software and will put you in the best place?

Only thing I’ll be doing differently to most people is I run Windows in a VM under MacOS. I’m under the impression from reading before this shouldn’t be an issue at least? It’s a shame there’s no native Mac client, but not unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I wasn’t able to get it working in a VM on a Mac. The program runs, but writing the roms to the machine did nothing. Googling just brought up other people with the same problem. This was when the SNESC first came out though, so maybe it’s fixed.

It works in Bootcamp though.