Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Cop_Dragon/status/1136411350760955905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Where's the lie though?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

berenzen posted:

The names and designs of the legendaries are bad, particularly sworddoggo.

Not a big fan of them either. All the other new Pokemon revealed so far seem neat, though.

I'm not so enthusiastic about dynamaxxing. As a gimmick for Gyms it seems fine, but making it a part of standard multiplayer battles when Z-moves and Mega Evolutions already exist could do weird things to both the VGC and Smogon metagames, and the sense that it's being introduced instead of new regional variants or Mega Evolutions rankles. Hopefully they've taken these things into account, though; for example, it's possible Z-Crystals just won't exist in Gen 8, and they can give the existing Pokemon that need more love new evolutions like Sirfetch'd.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 6, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've been waiting for this :yeshaha:

https://twitter.com/thesummerwars/status/1136367797238415360

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

RatHat posted:

What are the odds a new Pokemon is revealed as Smash Bros DLC? Though they like to use final starter Evos as characters and it seems a bit early to reveal those.

I, for one, welcome our new Smash character, Wooloo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hustlin Floh posted:

the Black Knight Raven that happens to be over 7 feet tall is an extremely inspired choice.

its good as hell

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

eonwe posted:

its good as hell

I love that their primary purpose is to be taxis.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's fitting that the British games' gimmick is getting your Pokemon right chuffed, absolute units.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goddamnit, you're right, the main gimmick of this gen is LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS LAD

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i seriously do find it hilarious that the people lamenting that we never get any more mega evos apparently haven't checked out the spoiler leak that appears to be 100% legit so far

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i seriously do find it hilarious that the people lamenting that we never get any more mega evos apparently haven't checked out the spoiler leak that appears to be 100% legit so far

can you paste a link to that because the one I saw earlier didn't have anything about those in it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Everyone's Excited About The Hot New Pokemon Wooloo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

can you paste a link to that because the one I saw earlier didn't have anything about those in it

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/

the secret is that gigantamaxing is basically the same thing for some pokemon, apparently

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Johnny Joestar posted:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463209182/

the secret is that gigantamaxing is basically the same thing for some pokemon, apparently

Uh, that's not really how I read that. And if we have dynamaxing and gigantamaxing I really hope we don't also have mega-evolutions because that's way too many gimmicks.

So I'm not sure why swapping mega-evolutions, (that people wanted more pokemon to have) for a new gimmick that a new subset of pokemon have is gonna satisfy.

I guess the idea is that if your pokemon doesn't get a bespoke gigantamax, you at least have a dynamax no matter what? That's more balanced than mega-evolutions at least.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Zaphod42 posted:

Uh, that's not really how I read that. And if we have dynamaxing and gigantamaxing I really hope we don't also have mega-evolutions because that's way too many gimmicks.

So I'm not sure why swapping mega-evolutions, (that people wanted more pokemon to have) for a new gimmick that a new subset of pokemon have is gonna satisfy.

I guess the idea is that if your pokemon doesn't get a bespoke gigantamax, you at least have a dynamax no matter what? That's more balanced than mega-evolutions at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just turned all current Mega Evolutions into Gigantamaxes, to be perfectly honest. Granted, it'd be weird to have all Megas also turn huge by definition, but eh.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
With all the Woololo memes going around, allow me to contribute the one I made in MS Paint in about 2 minutes immediately upon seeing the name of the thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/KetArtDragon/status/1136272188275855361

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zaphod42 posted:

Because GameFreak needed to give Charizard another new form.

Charizard is the John Cena of Pokemon now and we're inching into turning him into the Roman Reigns of Pokemon....

Here's some super nerdy poo poo, I found where 20/22 shots from the wild area part of the trailer take place

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Lockstin/status/1136270355616559105

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pokémon will not walk beside you in the overworld map

Game Freak you god drat cowards :argh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

That means we can catch and use whatever that art is representing before the endgame!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Unless it's a psuedolegendary

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RoxaLink/status/1136290018882990080

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
video games talking to each other, toy story has become real

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
death to brands (but maybe not when pokemon???)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm very excited for those giant pokemon raids

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Pikachu stays normal size but becomes old chubby Pikachu

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Farecoal posted:

Pikachu stays normal size but becomes old chubby Pikachu

Well the leak says it turns giant AND into chubby pikachu

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Edit: Link broken, nevermind, it was just a dumb joke

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/jmawork/status/1136470274457649152?s=21

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bleck posted:

I, for one, welcome our new Smash character, Wooloo

An assist trophy where a herd of fifty wooloo just roll though the screen

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know we just had the pokemon direct, but do y'all think we get more pokemon stuff in the E3 Nintendo Direct?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

KungFu Grip posted:

I know we just had the pokemon direct, but do y'all think we get more pokemon stuff in the E3 Nintendo Direct?

It's certainly possible they'll have a stage demo of it during their usual Treehouse E3 stream.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KungFu Grip posted:

Probably footage of Detective Pikachu on Switch.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Another reason Dynamaxing is lamer than megas is that it will only work for specific battles rather than something you can do anywhere.

Sharks in Space
Jan 12, 2011

Just like mom used to make.

Pokemon....

Is good

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Two words: Wooloo Pinball

It's okay because the wool absorbs the impacts and Wooloo finds it fun

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleopolis posted:

It's okay to eat Slowpoke tails now because they don't feel it, it grows back, and they don't even notice the tail is gone because they're so chill, so I definitely think Wooloo Pinball will be ethically correct.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Waffleopolis posted:

Woolooigi Pinball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think i would really like the shield dog if it carried it in its mouth or on its back instead of having a really big face.