Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

And then when you try to talk about it, even your supposed allies roll their eyes and are like, "god, give it a rest. You got your marriage equality. The problem's solved."

This has been the story for 7 years now and it's been getting progressively tired to the point I don't even give them the respect of calling them allies anymore. Look at all the poo poo we're still dealing with and still deny it? Or brush it aside as not worth caring about because we got one good thing ever (and even that is likely getting overturned if/when the issue ever comes back to the Supreme Court) in exchange for all of the other unrelenting poo poo? Yeah, they can gently caress out of here with the rest of the trash

This may not be The Earliest I've been pissed off at an example of an rear end in a top hat trying to make money off the community (while idiots and stans let them do it!) during Pride Month when it's blatantly obvious they don't really care about us, but it may very well be The Most I've been pissed off at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ronda is a TERF and Sandy Hooker denier she does not deserve the benfit of the doubt for anything

God damnit she is not a TERF ecause she fails at the RF part. All TERFs are trans exclusionary but not all trans exclusions are TERFs. TERF is people like Germaine Greer and Julie Bindel who have their roots in second wave feminism and overlap woth the feminist sex wars of Andrea Dworkin. Rousey is a third waver who is also transphobic.

This just nothers me by associating radical feminism with transexclusion as there is trans inclusice radical feminism too.

Edit: this is a TERF https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/why-should-we-fight-for-marriage-when-its-been-so-bad-for-so-many-women-20170910-gyeej4.html

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 6, 2019

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/1136453878302380033

wow, what a heel.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
People that don't like others because of who they are are dummies.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Call me crazy, but I imagine the reason Ronda is raising money for a suicide prevention charity is because her dad killed himself, and she's considered killing herself.

I mean yeah, but she also never apologized for denying the humanity and womanhood of Fallon Fox. Hearing a famous and important figure say that trans-women are not women is something that's helping push up those high rates of mental health problems in the LGBTQIA community.

If she wants to help them she can donate her own money, pride isn't for her.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ronda is a TERF and Sandy Hooker denier she does not deserve the benfit of the doubt for anything

Yeah no kidding if a piece of poo poo accidentally does ~one~ thing right, they’re still a huge piece of poo poo

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I want everyone who was all "bluh bluh Tye Dillinger sucked in wwe and he'll suck on the indies" to apologize

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On the mental illness thing people saying "she views queer as mentally ill" is the worst god drat reading of it and deliberately wrong. Any study ever will tell you that members of the LGBTI community have far far far more instances of mental illness on the average than the general population including much higher suicide rates. That includes depression, anxiety, suicide, and various other illnesses. This is empirical and its why that mental outreach for LGBTI people is so important.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Imagine believing Ronda’s views on the gay community aren’t rooted in hatred but in fact peer reviewed journal studies

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

people, especially huge dumbasses, will rush really fast to defend hatred

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lid posted:

On the mental illness thing people saying "she views queer as mentally ill" is the worst god drat reading of it and deliberately wrong. Any study ever will tell you that members of the LGBTI community have far far far more instances of mental illness on the average than the general population including much higher suicide rates. That includes depression, anxiety, suicide, and various other illnesses. This is empirical and its why that mental outreach for LGBTI people is so important.

Totally and 100% true but a lot of that is due to the social stigmas that she's helped push. If she wants to donate and help she has a whole lot of money she can donate. But her past actions put her in a position where she really can't claim to be a good hearted Ally just trying to help.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dude like yeaaaah she thinks those kids getting killed was fake but she's also profiting off of pride month despite public bigotry. give her a chance much?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine defending or making excuses for any social views of a former GameFAQs mod

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Imagine defending or making excuses for any social views of a former GameFAQs mod

i thought it was neopets

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Two separate views: Ronda is dumb and transphobic and her stupid false flag poo poo is crazy loving terrible and gently caress her.

The other is using TERF wrong loses its power in why it exists at all and that despite someone being a piece of poo poo trying to deliberately obtuse a suicide charity with aiding LGBTI is also dumb as gently caress.

Neither of these contradict the other, if this suicide prevention group was akin to giving the Susan Kormans money for breast cancer THEN it would be the worst poo poo ever but the reading has been "queer people are mentally ill" which is just the gently caress.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:D

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

i thought it was neopets

she was just the mod of some pokemon forum that's long dead

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Ronda Rousey is just as bad as anyone who gives WWE money

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's enough of that derail, go back to posting wrestlers on social media.

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1134685988847017984

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Lone Goat posted:

i thought it was neopets

it was a pokemon forum and we had cybersex in private messages

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would also argue that due to Vince's particular brand of insanity/abandonment issues, any wrestler who actively doesn't give a gently caress and goes against the company way, he just loves even more, and will throw more and more money/pushes at them just to make them stay, in his insane old man hopes that eventually they will love him/toe the line.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Ronda didn't even win any of her MMA or Judo matches and didn't actually show up for any of her WWE shows: all of her positive accomplishments were in fact done by crisis actresses.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ronda sucks and I hope her child grows up hating her.

Anyway, here's a better person

https://twitter.com/marika_tjp/status/1136631010831945728

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1136585388577959936

I'm glad Asuka is a regular on UUDD nowadays.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/958857696815603713

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/961031306246279169

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/961084981882834945

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i don't give a d*mn bout my bad reputation

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder that Asuka carried Austin Creed and Baron Corbin (who is significantly more likable on UUDD, to the shock of no one) to a victory on Monster Hunter: World on an episode of UUDD.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i had forgotten this so i appreciate the reminder

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Asuka is the most powerful gamer in wrestling by an enormous margin. Her quotes about consoles espouse the purest and truest form of Gamer Spirit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amanda Nunez is cool

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I love Asuka :allears:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Translated: Minoru Suzuki wants to wrestle Moxley.

V: HOLEEY poo poo. Make this happen, New Japan.

https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/1136612188460789761

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a reminder that Asuka carried Austin Creed and Baron Corbin (who is significantly more likable on UUDD, to the shock of no one) to a victory on Monster Hunter: World on an episode of UUDD.

Can't wait to see her crush Iceborne

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1136665248532971521

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jun 6, 2019

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

This seems kinda depressing. Creativity seems important to him, maybe he should look into finding a job that allows him to express himself on a regular basis?

Maybe an actor? He's in pretty good shape though, he could do something a little more strenuous perhaps. Stuntwork? :thunk:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1136653828797947905

Davey American.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Someone find Danny Bandana and put them in a tag team.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
I saw that match listings and i thought Davey American was another nickname for David Starr.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NameHurtBrain posted:

This seems kinda depressing. Creativity seems important to him, maybe he should look into finding a job that allows him to express himself on a regular basis?

Maybe an actor? He's in pretty good shape though, he could do something a little more strenuous perhaps. Stuntwork? :thunk:

He pulls 6 figures from WWE, has them creatively held hostage AND can do gently caress off video game shows without too much political interference. I'd say he's got a good gig right.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

One of my favorite things about the John Wick movies being super huge and awesome is people using Baba Yaga interchangeably with boogey man, instead of “old witch who lives in a chicken foot house”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

One of my favorite things about the John Wick movies being super huge and awesome is people using Baba Yaga interchangeably with boogey man, instead of “old witch who lives in a chicken foot house”

kinda overlooks the fact that Baba Yaga was the greatest threat to humanity since Simon Magus but history is weird as poo poo sometimes.