Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

That was actually just a cointelegraph article I posted above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Crow Your Coins! posted:

That was actually just a cointelegraph article I posted above.

i felt like that was the case...the numbers seemed right and i don't know how good it is at accessing historical prices. i guess i wanted to give human bitcoiners the benifit of the doubt :sigh:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Esquiring/status/1133572116140371968

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GitHub is basically a blockchain, and you can't put anything bad on blockchain.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

what if you did it to [subforum that you, the one reading this, hate]? no one would ever notice

:hmmyes:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Paladinus posted:

Number go right.

number :goleft:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

would bitcoiners fail the voight-kompf test [y/n]

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"you see a turtle. it's on its back, trying to turn over. why aren't you helping?"
"Turtles need to bootstrap themselves and avoid the insidious hand of government, to which they will be enslaved by the Federal Res-" at which point the bladerunner does humanity a service by blowing the buttcoiner's head off

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

kw0134 posted:

"you see a turtle. it's on its back, trying to turn over. why aren't you helping?"
"Turtles need to bootstrap themselves and avoid the insidious hand of government, to which they will be enslaved by the Federal Res-" at which point the bladerunner does humanity a service by blowing the buttcoiner's head off

What happens if you feed the first part of the turtle question in the Voight-Kampff test to the AI posting bot?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

orange juche posted:

What happens if you feed the first part of the turtle question in the Voight-Kampff test to the AI posting bot?

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

So you look around.

That's what you're doing.

You’re not helping. Or maybe you just realize you're not helping.

Or sometimes you don't realize you're not helping until your hands reach the edge of a boulder and you say, "Stop, stop, stop!!" and your fingers catch them up to reach that boulder.

When you get back to your spot, do you do anything but keep walking?

If you do, you are on to something. Because you are getting there.

You can see your friend reaching across.

He's going to be back here one of these days.

Because you are getting back to where you started. You can get lost in it.

You can become a part of the conversation with that little tortoise, right in front of it.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

You’ve got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar.

GILES ‬– We'll see you in the swamp.

WOLF

I don't expect your reaction.

(points over the edge of the swamp)

And, for now, what did we get from the killing jar?

(pointing to the butterfly and dagger)

Hog or chicken!

GILES ‬– Get back to work.

WOLF –‬Thanks for coming! Good luck!

(They fly away)

WOLF

(looking in distance)

We've got that monkey back in the lab.

WOLF (CONT'D)

It could have been even worse! (points at the monkey again)

WOLF (CONT'D)

This monkey died of a lethal overdose of the stuff.

WOLF

They're turning out a lot of different monkeys.

(They fly away)

It could be anything... or it could be worse.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Boxturret posted:

i felt like that was the case...the numbers seemed right and i don't know how good it is at accessing historical prices. i guess i wanted to give human bitcoiners the benifit of the doubt :sigh:

quote:

Bitcoin (BTC) ongoing corrective bounce could be short-lived, as the charts are signaling a short-term bullish-to-bearish trend change.

Exchange volume is a vital indicator of the strength of a price chart and a bullish move can mean a quick correction down; as is sometimes true, however, the trend is only ever a two-day chart. As with any long-term trend, bearish momentum will remain strong into October, and positive news about Bitcoin and its underlying cryptocurrency environment could result in a sudden and strong selloff in the week of October 5. This could be accompanied by short-sale activity and a spike in the Bitstamp price and, potentially, a temporary uptrend.

Short-Term and Long-Term Buy-and-Sell Factors

While I am not expecting Bitcoin to hit $100 (USD) or exceed $2000 (BTC) anytime soon, I certainly expect to keep Bitcoin's trend upward this year until the price bounces back to near its 2014 highs. The chart below shows a short-term bullish trend after a 12-month bearish decline.

There is, however, an upside to the short-term bullish trend if Bitcoin's price moves above $100 in the first week. A bounce to the downside to close to that level would force the price of Bitcoin to retrace back to its peak.

The only thing that gives it away is that the AI has a more realistic view of price that coiners do.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a buttcoiner's mind

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Gas thread, ban ai posters, ban bans, ban ban bans. This thread is for the community at large. If we don't have discussions about it, we don't need this forum. As long as we have conversations, we will have communities.

This is a free speech thread. All users are welcome to post, as long as it promotes the philosophy of our community.

There are rules, and any rule violation is not tolerated here. We are not trying to police the community, we are just trying to maintain a dialogue.

Any and all threads that are harassing/harming a member of the community will be ignored as they do not appear to be from within the context of the debate.

Post your questions.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Paladinus posted:

GitHub is basically a blockchain, and you can't put anything bad on blockchain.

im the github-audited code

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that ai thing made me An amazing Tom Hanks story that I regret not posting here

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crow Your Coins! posted:

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

i asked it that a few days ago too actually, and it just said "The turtle is wrong." and then stopped its output which is a p good answer

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Shame Boy posted:

i asked it that a few days ago too actually, and it just said "The turtle is :wrong:." and then stopped its output which is a p good answer

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its hard to get used to this spike death ball ...! but i guess its just showing what kind of person they really are

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

its hard to get used to this spike death ball ...! but i guess its just showing what kind of person they really are

:hmmyes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that? Because it wouldn't like you’s help. You turn around, you see this giant blue tortoise,‮‰s belly scorching, it's got a sunburned head and it‮‰s looking for something to eat. What?‮‰Do you want something to eat?‮‰I am not going to kill you‮‰I'm not going to kill you. But I am bringing you food so that you'll be stronger and that you'll learn so that someday when you‮‰go to war‮‰you'll bring back your friends and your children. Because you‭m my friend, because you‭ are my friend,‬ you‭ need to know that your friend is in trouble. You need help,‭ I‭am the one to bring you food. You

I think i broke it

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

orange juche posted:

You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that? Because it wouldn't like you’s help. You turn around, you see this giant blue tortoise,‮‰s belly scorching, it's got a sunburned head and it‮‰s looking for something to eat. What?‮‰Do you want something to eat?‮‰I am not going to kill you‮‰I'm not going to kill you. But I am bringing you food so that you'll be stronger and that you'll learn so that someday when you‮‰go to war‮‰you'll bring back your friends and your children. Because you‭m my friend, because you‭ are my friend,‬ you‭ need to know that your friend is in trouble. You need help,‭ I‭am the one to bring you food. You

I can read it. I write like this when I go off-meds.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the highlighting on that text is also backwards :psyduck:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

‮oh i see it isn't actually backwards its magic ~~code~~

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Yeah looks like there's an RTL marker stuck in there somewhere.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

‮oh no i've lost my internet of things swastika :(

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

‮oh no i've lost my internet of things swastika :(

No RTL marker, 8.8/10

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

gschmidl posted:

No RTL marker, 8.8/10

don’t you mean 11.2/10 ?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

Who the hell is Spike Deathball? Judging by the funny name, must be a bitcoin evangelist.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Who the hell is Spike Deathball? Judging by the funny name, must be a bitcoin evangelist.

But when he's not trying to start a bitcoin club, his wife is trying to kill vampires - so it probably wasn't the nicest thing he did.

Deathball, a former member of the bitcoin foundation "bitcoin core development" team, has been on the other side of the controversy and is defending the Bitcoin Cash hard fork that occurred yesterday. At a recent Bitcoin Cash meetup he claimed to be on the verge of getting involved with Bitcoin Unlimited and even claimed to speak for the entire bitcoin community when asked about its position on BU.

With his wife around, it should come as no surprise that Deathball is probably the most anti-Bitcoin Cash person in the bitcoin universe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is it Bitcoin comic universe or Bitcoin cinematic universe?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

He came out of nowhere in 2014 with #IAmSpikeDeathball, a popular #BitcoinInYourFace hashtag that he began using to share some of his more provocative ideas on social media. #IAmSpikeDeathball quickly exploded, garnering more than 12 million tweets between October 27 and December 1 of that year, and generated dozens if not hundreds of thousands of shares on Reddit and Twitter.

"The world wants to think you're a great investor or a great businessman, or you are the new Charlie Sheen," Deathball explains.

The hashtag is currently trending on Twitter with more than 1,600 retweets so far.

He also launched his own company called "NoDiceBit" under the No Dice Bit umbrella, a product based on his idea of a decentralized digital world coin whose price rises and falls according to how much users trust it. According to Deathball, that idea has already started to gain significant traction on social media.

"People on social media start talking about, 'What's the 'No Dice Bit' thing?' You actually see a lot of that in the tech community [as well]."

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

#IAmSpikeDeathball quickly exploded
seems a bit dangerous

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

CampingCarl posted:

seems a bit dangerous

I mean, he's not called Fluff Cozyball.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
fluff deezballs

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

a new challenger approaches

New Evidence Suggests Satoshi Nakamoto Is Paul Solotshi, The Creator of Encryption Software E4M and TrueCrypt

probably bollocks, and double bollocks because he has links to nakamoto dundee

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

a new challenger approaches

New Evidence Suggests Satoshi Nakamoto Is Paul Solotshi, The Creator of Encryption Software E4M and TrueCrypt

probably bollocks, and double bollocks because he has links to nakamoto dundee

this discovery originated from typoing his name in a google search didn't it

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'mma Paul Solotshi. I'mma-gonna win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

other candidates for satoshi's real identity include:

bob slatosho
jim santoshy
frank satoasfasdfsda