Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ZearothK posted:

Artemy's healing method with his custom tintures is so specific that I can't help but wonder how Daniel and Clara will do it. Maybe their eventual playthrough won't be as focused on treating the sick, but then they still need to keep characters alive somehow. Maybe Clara's will involve sacrificing extras to gain the power to save the actors?

The Bachelor will also make tinctures but roll his eyes or something while doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RBA Starblade posted:

Rolled back from 6 to 4 let's see how this works out lol

The guards at least get owned every single time if you don't help. They also loot the bodies before you can if you do help them.

e: lol the baby-infection route was what got me things that mattered in the fund lol

Actually how DO caches work? I stopped getting notifications for them - did you have to leave something for everything you take out or just put a single item in? I stumbled on only one other using the dragonfly eye which had a couple items but that's it

i think the design is that the game tells you where most of the caches are and then youre supposed to go check every day but you can just guzzle some twyrine instead. you stop getting map notes after the first day of them

ZearothK posted:

Artemy's healing method with his custom tintures is so specific that I can't help but wonder how Daniel and Clara will do it. Maybe their eventual playthrough won't be as focused on treating the sick, but then they still need to keep characters alive somehow. Maybe Clara's will involve sacrificing extras to gain the power to save the actors?

i assume daniill will just loot and buy antibiotics, probably gets more money from daily actions

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Verviticus posted:

i think the design is that the game tells you where most of the caches are and then youre supposed to go check every day but you can just guzzle some twyrine instead. you stop getting map notes after the first day of them

I took me until day 7 before I accidentally found out that the caches re-stock. Whoops.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i had so much free time in the early nights that i was guzzling twyrine and hunting them down, and i never once got a loving powder from them

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Verviticus posted:

i had so much free time in the early nights that i was guzzling twyrine and hunting them down, and i never once got a loving powder from them

100% random loot gen, friendo.

The first time I looted the Surgery Tutorial building I came out with a slab of fresh meat in my belly, two bottles of twyrine, a full pocket of needles and so much valuable treasure that I was seriously debating leaving behind some of the dude's organs.

The second time I came out with one bottle of twyrine and a pocketful of fishhooks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It only led me to two but I think I missed one welp. Someone posted a map online though if anyone else is curious - https://www.gameskinny.com/t569e/pathologic-2-shop-herbs-and-hidden-stash-map-locations

I love the idea of schmowders too. Meticulously and thematically finding a panacea through the concept of a minotaur and connections? gently caress that! Chug every pill on earth, scorched earth the bastard

e: Man rolling four hours back hurt. I found something interesting though - if you go to fight the looters in your house and it hits midnight while you're there, the looters despawn, but the house's loot doesn't.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 6, 2019

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
The best character in the game is the kid who trades an egg for a hazelnut. That little dude and all his clones are solid. What barters are best to look out for?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tinctures for food with steppe people is probably the core trade for surviving comfortably. Heap of garbage for shmowder with little girls is amazing when you get it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do you guys have the tinctures to spare to trade? The most at a time I've had is eight and that went to treatment. You get effectively one per blood and I haven't come across a particularly large amount of twyre otherwise except at the bull ritual.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah I was hemorrhaging water bottles hard around day 5-7 and that would have been really difficult.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I had a pretty huge stockpile of bottles from the first few days which might be anomalous. If anything the limiting factor was learning the root spots. Pemmican rules everything around me

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So is there a way to keep Notkin from getting infected or is it part of the plot?

Also for anyone struggling to find herbs: They seem to naturally spawn in abundance around the stone circle south west of the train station.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SweetBro posted:

So is there a way to keep Notkin from getting infected or is it part of the plot?

Also for anyone struggling to find herbs: They seem to naturally spawn in abundance around the stone circle south west of the train station.

You get a chance to save him if you give him an immune booster before the end of the day he spends in an infected district.

If he does get infected, you can cure him the same way you can cure everyone else: with a schmowder or a panacea

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

These caches make life way easier, I actually was able to buy a schmowder this time. I didn't even need to consider murdering a child!

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You get a chance to save him if you give him an immune booster before the end of the day he spends in an infected district.

If he does get infected, you can cure him the same way you can cure everyone else: with a schmowder or a panacea

In my run Notkin went straight to infected status without a chance to boost immunity. This may be due to the 'death house' event. The thought board even says something about how skipping past 'in danger' is the disease breaking it's own rules.

I love how much stuff is packed into the town. For example, I made it to day 7 without getting in to the termitary or whatever it's called. I still have no clue how to get in, and where the heck is everyone getting babies? Maybe my exploration plan needs to be less dumpster focused.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A doom house?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sokani posted:

In my run Notkin went straight to infected status without a chance to boost immunity. This may be due to the 'death house' event. The thought board even says something about how skipping past 'in danger' is the disease breaking it's own rules.

I love how much stuff is packed into the town. For example, I made it to day 7 without getting in to the termitary or whatever it's called. I still have no clue how to get in, and where the heck is everyone getting babies? Maybe my exploration plan needs to be less dumpster focused.

termitary is unsettling, to say the least

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sokani posted:

You have to talk to Big Vlad to get into the thing iirc. The moment when you first walk into it is another of my favorite moments in the game so far. Very :stare:

Houses with babies in them will just be automatically circled on your map in infected districts whenever Artemy gets close enough to hear crying.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

How do you guys have the tinctures to spare to trade? The most at a time I've had is eight and that went to treatment. You get effectively one per blood and I haven't come across a particularly large amount of twyre otherwise except at the bull ritual.
Every night I set aside 3-4 hours to hit up the bull ritual area and the three farming areas in the village of the corner of the map. Gives you about twenty of every non-rare herb every single day past the very first night with very little searching (they glow at night and they're all bunched up together). Also includes around 20 swervery so you can make tons of +Medrel tinctures for powerful immunity boosts to yourself and folks in danger.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Is there anything I can do to stop the game from constantly stuttering and hitching? I don't think it's my graphics card because I tried running it in a 1600x900 window on low settings and it's still doing it. Smooth frame-rate until I start walking around town then it's 2-3 seconds of freezing every little bit.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Star Guarded posted:

Every night I set aside 3-4 hours to hit up the bull ritual area and the three farming areas in the village of the corner of the map. Gives you about twenty of every non-rare herb every single day past the very first night with very little searching (they glow at night and they're all bunched up together). Also includes around 20 swervery so you can make tons of +Medrel tinctures for powerful immunity boosts to yourself and folks in danger.

Twyre: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

You have to talk to Big Vlad to get into the thing iirc

Hmm, I may have broken this one. I guess the eighth will just die :shrug:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sokani posted:

its really unlikely that you broke this

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Twyre: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
Best part is, you're probably thinking: where will I get 3-4 hours to do an herb run? And the answer: the +Medrel tincture all that swevery gives you in excess also reduces your exhaustion.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Star Guarded posted:

Best part is, you're probably thinking: where will I get 3-4 hours to do an herb run? And the answer: the +Medrel tincture all that swevery gives you in excess also reduces your exhaustion.

Welp guess I should start doing that

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

it doesnt lower it by much though. trade for coffee

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
How do you make up the health loss from coffee? Even more water bottle trading?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Exhaustion actually deals relatively little health damage, to the point where I almost feel it is worth to push through and then sleep on Morphine for like three hours each day instead of getting a full rest.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Sokani posted:

What do you see when you just go to the entrance of the abattoir? Day 7 is around when you're supposed to get in anyway, so you're not behind or anything.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Who wants to hear an incredibly stupid story?

Day 7 spoilers

I reset my game entirely because Murky died. Eight hours later, I realized it was because I picked the wrong dialogue option (I always pick the "Artemy is dumb as rocks" option, which is not the best thing to do when the Sand Pest is threatening the lives of you and everyone you love).

Yes, I worked on this game. I literally localized that conversation. I just assumed I hadn't found enough clues for Murky to live. Even though I also localized the mind map.

At least now I have a shotgun.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

What do you see when you just go to the entrance of the abattoir? Day 7 is around when you're supposed to get in anyway, so you're not behind or anything.

Good to know, I'll have to check it out. I just assumed I missed it since the thought bubble was from Act 2 which is over, and the 'you can miss stuff and it won't come back' message from the dream rat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Star Guarded posted:

Who wants to hear an incredibly stupid story?

Day 7 spoilers

I reset my game entirely because Murky died. Eight hours later, I realized it was because I picked the wrong dialogue option (I always pick the "Artemy is dumb as rocks" option, which is not the best thing to do when the Sand Pest is threatening the lives of you and everyone you love).

Yes, I worked on this game. I literally localized that conversation. I just assumed I hadn't found enough clues for Murky to live. Even though I also localized the mind map.

At least now I have a shotgun.

You did a great job making him come off like a big dumb rear end in a top hat btw

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

You did a great job making him come off like a big dumb rear end in a top hat btw
Ty! A lot of it was just matching the Russian characterization, so it was fun. My favorite reoccurring Artemy dialogue options in this game are:

1) Dad Artemy (especially when addressing kids as equals)
2) Internalized self-hatred (re: the Kin)
3) Trying to sound threatening but fumbling the threat by making it a clause or two too long, as if he's figuring it out as he says it
4) Irritating a supernatural presence with how out of his depth he is
5) Ruder than the situation called for
6) Rubin sucks
7) This conversation from True Detective (the first convo with Yulia about the roads is a personal favorite):

Also ending spoilers:

My absolute favorite line in the game about Artemy is when Mark complains the whole experiment failed because the lead character is too tactless and inelegant to contemplate mortality

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 7, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Star Guarded posted:

Ty! A lot of it was just matching the Russian characterization, so it was fun. My favorite reoccurring Artemy dialogue options in this game are:

1) Dad Artemy (especially when addressing kids as equals)
2) Internalized self-hatred (re: the Kin)
3) Trying to sound threatening but fumbling the threat by making it a clause or two too long, as if he's figuring it out as he says it
4) Irritating a supernatural presence with how out of his depth he is
5) Rude
6) Rubin sucks
7) This conversation from True Detective (the first convo with Yulia about the roads is a personal favorite):

I liked when Rubin and Daniel both ask you what you expected the first brewed medicine to do and you can try to give them both the same line about a bough that no one bites on :v:

e: Also update - Rubin Is An Idiot

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 7, 2019

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

RBA Starblade posted:

if you go to fight the looters in your house and it hits midnight while you're there, the looters despawn, but the house's loot doesn't.

On a similar note, if you kill a man at 07:30 his body will disappear at your feet. Probably the same for midnight.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sokani posted:

How do you make up the health loss from coffee? Even more water bottle trading?

yeah, and buying all the bandages at pharmacies

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Verviticus posted:

yeah, and buying all the bandages at pharmacies

I've been running a second profile, and all the advice about healing and avoiding exhaustion make a ton more sense now that I have a better idea of what items I need and how to murder my way to big profits. The downside is that on my first profile I got 4 schmowder by day 4 compared to 0 on my new run and god drat I didn't know how good I had it. All my extra smart gathering only barely makes up for the loss, at least on my anxiety meter, which has no in-game effect.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Best gag in the game is how soldiers really don't give a poo poo about bullets and will happily trade them for lock picks.

Yknow, I don't think they're a very disciplined army

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Exciting news, there's a difficulty slider now to make life suck more! Or not, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If it was up to me I would have a difficulty slider, but all it controls is the volume at which mark immortell talks poo poo on you

edit: And at the lowest setting it's still loud

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 7, 2019