Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

They'd both had plenty of experience in the first team when they were sold, so not quite the same thing

Good point.

But Conor Coady has worked out for Wolves pretty well, right Tao?

Whatever happened to Andre Wisdom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tarbrush posted:

He's "highly rated" whatever that means. Just remember the subsequent records of Jordon Ibe, Brad Smith etc. Suso's about the only one of our highly rated yoof prospects that's worked out for another team. Oh, and Peter Gulasci several years later.

Tom Ince is decent

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not quite boldworthy yet but apparently United have signed Dan James from Swansea for £15 million, potentially raising to £18 million with addons.

I really have no idea about the lad.

Also, according to Soccernet Virgil van Dijk wants a new contract.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Not quite boldworthy yet but apparently United have signed Dan James from Swansea for £15 million, potentially raising to £18 million with addons.

I really have no idea about the lad.

Also, according to Soccernet Virgil van Dijk wants a new contract.

Not sure if you can say someone has signed and not bold the transfer, judges?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’s best to underline in these circumstances.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The medical is done but he's on a plane to Croatia now so it's not getting the full announcement treatment yet. It's been a done deal in italics since before his dad died.

That said he was at Elland Road wearing a Leeds shirt and filming promo videos in January and that didn't end up happening.

https://twitter.com/AlexSportsExtra/status/1136548308296638465

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

*Flips through 100000 page manual of regulations* nah they’re good

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
L'equipe reckon liverpool are about ot spend £70m on nicolas pepe

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jose posted:

roma tried to hire their manager too, apparently, but galthier's never managed in the CL before so he's staying put

it's ridiculous because there's already a great* manager with connections to Lille on the market that Roma should go for

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1136652592283607040
good move, they were a hell of a lot better after these two came in on loan (and Miha got hired as manager)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jose posted:

Would be a pretty great get although I assume it'll require offloading Shaq in the process.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sassassin posted:

The medical is done but he's on a plane to Croatia now so it's not getting the full announcement treatment yet. It's been a done deal in italics since before his dad died.

That said he was at Elland Road wearing a Leeds shirt and filming promo videos in January and that didn't end up happening.

Ahaha

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

roma tried to hire their manager too, apparently, but galthier's never managed in the CL before so he's staying put

it's ridiculous because there's already a great* manager with connections to Lille on the market that Roma should go for

Rudi García?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Rafa Camacho chat: he did alright in preseason at right back then has slowly been moved forwards in the u23s until he got a fair few goals playing up front. Then he mouthed off on social media about how he is a striker and only wants to play as a striker and basically refused to play elsewhere.

If we get £10m for him Michael Edwards will continue to be a genius.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Wouldn't be at all surprised that LFC aren't getting into a bidding war for de Ligt.

OTOH imagine trying to score past him, Big Virg and Allison.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tell me more about this "nicholas pepe"

looks like he scores a lot, that's cool

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Tom Ince is decent

At what?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

bewbies posted:

*in Ligue 1

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

bewbies posted:

His agent talked him to several top clubs already, he's an okay winger for silly money.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Spuckuk posted:

*in Ligue 1

yeah i was just watching his youtubes and man that is some poo poo tier defending

i cant tell if he's really loving big and fast or if the guys he's playing against are slow and small

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Xhaka is potentially going to inter for 55m. Think that's pretty reasonable although I do think he is under rated by lots of fans. While he does make too many mistake he is one of our few players with any bottle.

Xhaka is a lot better than the average fan thinks, however he jas Bendtner syndrome and seems to think he is better than Arsenal when he is actually a classic modern Arsenal player who shows glimmers of class while never producing when needed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

in extremely not guilty behaviour Man City have asked the court of arbitration for sport to throw out the case against them for breaking FFP rules before the case has actually been dealt with by the bit of UEFA that would do so

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

in extremely not guilty behaviour Man City have asked the court of arbitration for sport to throw out the case against them for breaking FFP rules before the case has actually been dealt with by the bit of UEFA that would do so

"But our cheque already cleared, what's the loving holdup!?"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
A pretty reliable source for Juve rumors says that Man City are close to a deal for Joao Cancelo for €50m. Overall I'm not too pleased if that happens, because at his best he's an incredible player, and Juve will surely be replacing him with someone that's probably worse and definitely less exciting. Trippier keeps getting mentioned, but it'll surely be overpaying Napoli for Hysaj because that's what Sarri will want.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Brony Car posted:

And do we get to call Raheem Sterling an academy product?

Call him whatever you want as long as it’s followed by “, best English player.”

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spuckuk posted:

Wouldn't be at all surprised that LFC aren't getting into a bidding war for de Ligt.

OTOH imagine trying to score past him, Big Virg and Allison.

I’d imagine the tough part would be getting past de Light and slotting past Alisson. Can’t imagine your typical Liverpool fan on the pitch would offer much resistance.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

On the heels of yesterday’s news that it was between United and Barca for de Ligt, ”sources” today are reporting that he’s close to signing for PSG.

Silly season.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Can't wait to sell Aubamayang and Lacazette so Stan can buy a new house

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Alaves have decided the way to ensure they get relegated is signing 2 poo poo strikers in Joselu and Lucas Perez

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Together there is a 10 goal a season striker in there

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sassassin posted:

This is now a done deal

https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1136996556052271105?s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Terms agreed in principle. Won't go through until next week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Please probate for the misuse of bold gg

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

It's a rookie mistake, you hate to see it happen

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If he ain’t sold it ain’t bold

Mods, please do the needful

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone ban this fuckman for blatant disregard of the transfer thread rules.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Big fan of unconfirmed bolded deals, bring in the fuckin g anarchy :twisted:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Rules exist for a reason, lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Too bold by half, mon frere