Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If England is going to have a queen, then she should live up to her name and be the only female in the country that is able to reproduce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The most annoying accents in english are the ones that add Rs where there are no Rs.

“The British Empire brought liberty to places like Australiur and Americur, although rather to the detriment of the locals.”

No shut up, speak english

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm a Yankee and I do that on purpose sometimes depending on which direction my accent is going at any given time. :colbert:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fizzymercy posted:

Games are boring and ruin parties. All of them, every last one. Games are lame and suck the fun out of everything they touch.

This goes double for Cards Against Humanity.

Games are largely fun based on your company.

Except for Cards Against Humanity. That game is the loving worst.

Tubgoat posted:

I'm a Yankee and I do that on purpose sometimes depending on which direction my accent is going at any given time. :colbert:

You are having mini-strokes.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

You are having mini-strokes.
Nope. :haw:

PHUO: With a non-malevolent crowd, CAH is enjoyable as a chance to reflect on and poke fun at the horrors of psychopathy and the endstage capitalism it has condemned us all to.

Sometimes absurdist combinations are light-hearted fun.

Tubgoat has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Jun 4, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Card Against Humanity is dumb, because it's just Apples to Apples except you don't have to be clever since the cards are already dirty.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The card that says “gigahitler” or something like that is always funny though

There are just some classics that keep being funny because they are so dumb. Turn on your monitor for example.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

veni veni veni posted:

Card Against Humanity is dumb, because it's just Apples to Apples except you don't have to be clever since the cards are already dirty.

"the only thing worse than the black part of obama is the white half of obama" comes up so often, its like watching a jeff dunham special.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are just some classics that keep being funny because they are so dumb. Turn on your monitor for example.

That poo poo is funny because it's so depersonalized, like there's this random collective consciousness that manifested just to focus on you and what a dumbass you're being (royal "you"), and even when you know the person making it it's still part of that ocean of subconscious. It doesn't quite work the same with actual people.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
PHUO: "Turn on your monitor" is a poo poo, unfunny insult.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Games are largely fun based on your company.

Except for Cards Against Humanity. That game is the loving worst.

The best way to play Cards Against Humanity is just having someone bring up how much better it is than say Apples to Apples and then regale you of how funny they are when they play it and just silently judging them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I mean, do people use it as an insult? It’s basically just a dumb zinger for whenever someone says a silly thing, or even just a mundane thing, that kinda sorta matches up with “turn on your monitor” in a funny way

“I keep getting alt right shitheads ranting at me in youtube ads”

“Turn on your monitor”

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

"the only thing worse than the black part of obama is the white half of obama" comes up so often, its like watching a jeff dunham special.
I'm not saying that if I were alone in a room with Jeff Dunham, a baseball bat, and an affidavit swearing legal immunity notarized by a Federal Judge I would do anything, but I am saying it would take an awfully long time to say no.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why would you say no? That's just silly.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nice meltdown

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

fizzymercy posted:

Why would you say no? That's just silly.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I only saw, like, the first special he did and it was kinda cute and funny. Did he keep getting worse or something?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Nice meltdown

the ultimate "I'm only pretending to be censored" response

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aramek posted:

I only saw, like, the first special he did and it was kinda cute and funny. Did he keep getting worse or something?
He's one of those guys that seems just trite and lowbrow at first, but the more you let it sit the more you realize it's hella loving racist.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm shocked that the stand-up comic whose most famous puppet is a dead muslim terrorist might be something of a racist.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

I'm shocked that the stand-up comic whose most famous puppet is a dead muslim terrorist might be something of a racist.

According to Gabriel Iglesias, Jeff is the #1 comedian in Saudi Arabia, so...he must be doing something right with that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

mind the walrus posted:

He's one of those guys that seems just trite and lowbrow at first, but the more you let it sit the more you realize it's hella loving racist.

Even if he weren't, his career should have ended a long time ago because he's just not funny. He makes me laugh just slightly more than people like that middle-aged "millenial comic" nainan guy.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Use CAH cards as prompts for charades. Much more fun than the actual game.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Leonardo Dicaprio has aged relatively well.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I love MBMBAM, but I think their advice to all their write in's should be "go to therapy". Every other question asker has such high anxiety that they will, like, hide in a dumpster rather than make eye contact with a stranger. Maybe encourage them to work through their problems rather than just validate every unhealthy behavior they exhibit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Use CAH cards as prompts for charades. Much more fun than the actual game.
Gonna suggest this next time someone tries to hold us up with CAH at a party.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

Gonna suggest this next time someone tries to hold us up with CAH at a party.

Yeah I'd be lying if I said this doesn't sound like a blast. :3:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

People are like "5G is bad, don't do 5G, it's gonna massively restrict our ability to predict the weather, 50 years of advances in forecast accuracy will be undone just so cell phone companies can put a higher number on the box to sell new cell phones, oh no"

But I say, everybody likes surprises.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
My objection is that smartphones are already an unaffordable luxury that's inexplicably required for the barest unsustainable minimum of employment in the modern age and the subscription fee is gonna triple, and I'd actually be willing to wager money that the vast majority of subscribers don't see visible or tangible improvement for their extra money each month, just an accelerated bleeding.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's why I use a cheap Motorola phone I bought for $200 and a Mint Sim plan that gives 3gig data and unlimited talk for $15 a month. I know someday this stuff will go away and I'll be forced into some bullshit plan but for now I'm going to be a luddite as long as possible.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Everything surrounding cell phones and the usage of them is contributing to the downfall of society.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Smart phones are cool and having an internet browser, cd player and camera in your pocket is awesome.

People like to say its a major problem in society as if people didn't stare at newspapers in the 1920s. The problem isn't that humans have an online device they are obsessed with more than the real world. Its just a symptom of the real world being so drab in comparison.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Literally every new invention has been accused of all the current society's problems or had somebody claim that it will obliterate the human race.

People are still around, there's 7 billion of us, our population is growing, and poverty is on the decline worldwide. I doubt the smart phone is going to reverse those trends. Yeah it isn't perfect but it always takes time to iron out the kinks.

Granted part of that is because there's always That One rear end in a top hat that wants to be as much of a dick as possible with every new invention but, well, that's life.

I, for one, really enjoy the fact that I have pretty much the entirety of humanity's knowledge in my pocket. It doesn't matter what I need to look up. It's there, on the internet, somewhere.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My PHUO is that we should put all of our R&D into breaking through with AI that is self-replicating, self-improving, and way smarter than us. The hope is that it'll work beyond simply binary logic and develop some measure of emotional intellect that it can use to understand the relative scarcity and thus sanctity of live on a cosmic scale, and thus shepherd us so we can all grow into the gross fat blobs from Wall-E.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mind the walrus posted:

My PHUO is that we should put all of our R&D into breaking through with AI that is self-replicating, self-improving, and way smarter than us. The hope is that it'll work beyond simply binary logic and develop some measure of emotional intellect that it can use to understand the relative scarcity and thus sanctity of live on a cosmic scale, and thus shepherd us so we can all grow into the gross fat blobs from Wall-E.

I regret to inform you that the guy who invented the super robots was a racist, and they have used their advanced intelligence and capacity for self-improvement to become racist to a degree humans cannot comprehend.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

mind the walrus posted:

There really is no need for gross blobs, just scan, discard the meat, and run a simulation.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
People older than 30 that still find Dark Side of the Moon lyrics deep are not very mature.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wouldn’t find a full Star Trek (or Matrix) VR life any less fulfilling than a real life. Like, I wouldn’t want to be locked in a One Million Merits cube with an oculus rift and a lifetime supply of soylent, but if I genuinely believe I’ve spent my life going on adventures with my husband Bilbo Baggins until the robots euthanize me, and think all my soylent was seed cakes and roast pheasant and lembas bread... that seems fine.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If I really am long dead and just a ghost some robot is running in a box in his trunk, I'd like to congratulate the robot on a job well done. Really captured the sensations one experiences in a session of rear end eating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Tubgoat posted:

My objection is that smartphones are already an unaffordable luxury that's inexplicably required for the barest unsustainable minimum of employment in the modern age and the subscription fee is gonna triple, and I'd actually be willing to wager money that the vast majority of subscribers don't see visible or tangible improvement for their extra money each month, just an accelerated bleeding.

Eh, you don't need a personal computer anymore. It goes in your pocket, unless you have a lot of Steam games that need playing. Then there really is no help for you.