Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Lot of diablo clones out now that blizzard seems to be in a freefall and not making anything

Blizzard are doing fine, there should be a bunch of announcements this year at Blizzcon as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gripweed posted:

I wonder how they're gonna handle character creation. Is it gonna be like, you design your own SHIELD agent and then choose whether it has Hulk powers, Captain American powers, a Iron Man suit, a bow and arrow, etc?

DC Universe Online is sort of like that, you choose a type of power and they're are evocative of heroes who are rich but use technology, heroes who can fly and are strong, heroes who are average human but can fight or/and shoot super well, etc. archetypes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Their esports division is imploding

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Brother Entropy posted:

marvel is stupid but even they're not stupid enough to greenlight a game where you don't actually play as any of the superheroes

A reskin of Virtua Quest called Marvel Quest.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Never underestimate just how stupid, and more importantly stubborn, Marvel/Disney is.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Argas posted:

I'm not really excited for anything this E3 but I am glad that apparently Square-Enix is going to have FFXIV displayed somewhat prominently for once? I know it has been present at booths before but despite it being their flagship MMO from their iconic series, they sure seem embarrassed to even remind people it exists. Sure, all the big announcements are saved for fanfests but the way Bethesda crows about ESO every time, you'd think SE is embarrassed to admit they even have a MMO with how little they say about it.

They literally have a gigantic 3 day convention for it every couple of years. They say a lot about it, there’s just usually very little need to advertise it on years where’s there’s not a major expansion, or heavily spending advertising on it when the internet does a pretty good job of that for you already.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1136622977267712001
https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1136623930205229056

Neo Rasa posted:

DC Universe Online is sort of like that, you choose a type of power and they're are evocative of heroes who are rich but use technology, heroes who can fly and are strong, heroes who are average human but can fight or/and shoot super well, etc. archetypes.

Yeah I was just thinking of DCUO, they give you like very similar power sets but still have you fight alongside/against the actual DC heroes and villains.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress Yes!

One of my favorite n64 games

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally a way to pay more for a worse version of the games. Thanks Google.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If thats true I'm curious what "older games" means cause 31 games streaming is barely more than Microsoft offers nearly on accident currently through Gamepass to PC users and you can download those titles.

Edit: Theres no way thats the pitch, again, loving Gamepass gets day and date drops.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
If that pricing is genuine, I'll give it 8 months before maintenance mode, and 16 months before shutdown.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ahahaha loving :laffo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Genuinely, if thats Google's launch Microsoft will finally get to feel the joy of hastily redoing parts of your conference to lay a lethal PR dunk on Phil Harrison

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 6, 2019

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The past ten years of Phil Harrison's career have been fascinating. Wherever he goes to talk about something on stage, destruction follows in his wake.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
The tweet thread says games sold separately, but surely that doesn't mean at $60 right? There's no way anyone looked at that and thought it was a good idea.

Also wasn't a big part of their pitch about being able to seamlessly begin play from a link in a Youtube video and poo poo like that? How are they expecting that to work when there's a price tag of any kind attached? what the gently caress are they thinking?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Barudak posted:

Genuinely, if thats Google's launch Microsoft will finally get to feel the joy of hastily redoing parts of your conference to lay a lethal PR dunk on Phil Harrison

Sony America hurriedly rushing Yoshida and Cerny into a sound stage so they can record another dunk video.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://killedbygoogle.com/

Get ready for an update Mr. Website

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RUMOR: Xbox press conference changed to Phil Spencer coming out in an all red leather outfit and just laying burn after burn on Phil Harrison

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Google Stadia, more like Google STAY AWAY! Tip your waitress, folks.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

gently caress Yes!

One of my favorite n64 games

Wake me up when get the return of Iggy's Reckin' Balls.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

legit will play

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/1136619930726666241

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't imagine playing Witcher 3 on switch, not because I think the experience will be degraded but because theres no way I'm playing Witcher 3.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
like i said in the june thread. Going to e3 this year with a friend. gonna try to see cyberpunk and some other poo poo. any other advice outside bring water and deodorant.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wanted to check and ha ha wow Anthem did in fact win two "OFFICIAL E3 CRITICS AWARDS" last year.

I can't even say E3 awards were better "back in the old days" like they wouldn't have have made more sense twenty years ago looking at their list from 1999.

as someone who bought that game on store credit and returned it a week later for about the same amount. what a loving shitshow. bioware is gonna end up in EA developer mass grave soon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm really curious if the next time EA buys a studio someone tracks how long it takes for 100% turnover in the business.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You must have this many subscribers to make the stadia be a good console for you!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Didn't google just kill YouTube Gaming. Like in the last month or so?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Microsoft should absolutely go for the throat on Stadia and they'd be stupid not to. They've done good work with their crossplay, gamepass stuff and backward-compat collection which I guess was to be expected when you're not in the lead in terms of consoles. Curious how the studios they brought in will thrive int he future or if they have any updates.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1136622977267712001
https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1136623930205229056

Yeah I was just thinking of DCUO, they give you like very similar power sets but still have you fight alongside/against the actual DC heroes and villains.

jesus what an ugly and dumb piece of poo poo. all the games its gonna have i can play or stream better somewhere else.

So what is the new xbox gonna be? i assume its gonna be a much more powerful version of the one but with a ton more quality of life? or is it some steambox type deal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft is unveiling Gamepass for PC at this event with what appears to be Metro Exodus among the titles coming to it so unless they've decided you suddenly are only allowed to stream on the PC and have to pay $20 a month for the privilege I think Microsoft doesn't even have to do anything to have the better offering.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm guessing it'll be something like:

30fps (variable)
720p (variable, docked, only at the menu screen)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm actualy p interested in the Microsoft gamepass

also Halo Infinite / MCC / Gears 5 on pc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some beta footage already leaked online.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm guessing it'll be something like:

30fps (variable)
720p (variable, docked, only at the menu screen)

Comes with

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Some beta footage already leaked online.

would still play

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I bet this will be a pretty huge e3 this year. If stadia and streaming as a whole work passably well, it'll be just as popular as streaming movies and tv. All the big players look like they're trying to figure out some version of it, so we could wake up to a completely different industry by the end of e3.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DebonaireD posted:

I bet this will be a pretty huge e3 this year. If stadia and streaming as a whole work passably well, it'll be just as popular as streaming movies and tv. All the big players look like they're trying to figure out some version of it, so we could wake up to a completely different industry by the end of e3.

idk. i think sony and microsoft have streaming in the bag. the stadia looks eh and scammy to me. i think this will be an good e3 though.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

five minutes to stadia it's gonna be a disaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-BbW6zAjL0

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. i think sony and microsoft have streaming in the bag. the stadia looks eh and scammy to me. i think this will be an good e3 though.

Sony had nothing until a hot minute ago when they got microsofts permission to use their servers. Yeah, the stadia's controller looks like a cheap knockoff, but if that leak up there is right, $12 a month for whats supposed to be 4k/60 streaming, that sounds pretty good to me. Depends on how well it works in most peoples homes, but it could be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people joke about that gif but the preview that Digital Foundry put out as to how it *might* look isn't that bad, presuming whoever ports the game (if it exists) has their poo poo together.