Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

sunday at work posted:

How does Shield pay for, like everything? Mack should be asking for a lot more than 2%.

I was actually thinking this. Like there's always an Ian Quinn, a famous billionaire with visionary tech diverting money to Secret Schemes

Just let Deke do that for SHIELD! He can have facilities all over the place, and all sorts of silliness.

Also I love Trevor Khan, Agent of SHIELD, he is my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

I actually thought that "new character who appeared out of nowhere as soon as they had to start looking for the monster" was going to be the one who got got.

She was black too. Horror 101.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ambivalent posted:

I was actually thinking this. Like there's always an Ian Quinn, a famous billionaire with visionary tech diverting money to Secret Schemes

Just let Deke do that for SHIELD! He can have facilities all over the place, and all sorts of silliness.

Also I love Trevor Khan, Agent of SHIELD, he is my favorite

In Men in Black, K explains MIB holds the patent for velcro and cds and a bunch of other common (at the time) items that pays for everything. SHIELD probably has something like that. They created Bluetooth. It's not named after Harad Bluetooth, but after a Kree they found. The Danish thing is a red herring.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Andrew_1985 posted:

Very true. Who do we have now?

The entire cast? (Other than Deke)

Like, they are some seriously good looking people (other than Deke)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope they don't put Daisy with Deke.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
“I gave you my lemons, please respond.”

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
I don't think giving her melons is gonna be what wins her over either.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Killer robot posted:

I don't think giving her melons is gonna be what wins her over either.

sigh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah, he was clearly suggesting a lemon party

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

She has so far expressed less than zero interest in him so I doubt it.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Anything can work if done right. If the character motivations are good, you'll buy it. Right now Daisy has no motivation to be with Deke, and Deke's motivations are entirely facile.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I wouldn't say it is entirely facile on his end.

Like he's childish, but like they've been through enough poo poo together where I'd hesitate to call it entirely facile.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I got a good laugh when I noticed all the lemon trees all over Deke's building.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

hamsystem posted:

I had totally missed that; that's fantastic.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

hamsystem posted:

What am I missing here?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Argue posted:

What am I missing here?

Lemons were rare in Deke’s time, and giving someone lemons was a sign of affection.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I was trying to grab some screenshots but Hulu doesn't allow it but it looks like Deke's company logo is also a lemon and he has not only trees but paintings and stuff everywhere. Boys got it bad.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I wonder what he did when he found out about citrus fruits you can actually just peel and eat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

hamsystem posted:

I was trying to grab some screenshots but Hulu doesn't allow it
How does that work? Does it just block the key combination, if so, you could just use snipping tool or other programs. If Hulu somehow blocks all of that, it might know a bit to much about your computer.

Mymla posted:

I wonder what he did when he found out about citrus fruits you can actually just peel and eat.
That's just how you eat lemons. Do you not peel them before taking a bite? That's gross..

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Ok, completely left-field theory time, but I can't let it go

We've got:
Aliens that are leathery bat things from space that walk among us, seeming to be humans that they've replaced/taken over; and
A character hunting them who is also from somewhere else and seems, to the uninformed, to just be murdering random people.

What I'm saying is, it's highly unlikely we'll hear the word "Galador" on TV, but a man can hope.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Deke doesn't strike me as a guy willing to change himself for her. Seems more like puppy love. I could easily be wrong though, but I can't see him being totally out for blood devoted to Inhuman rights for her.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

cant cook creole bream posted:

How does that work? Does it just block the key combination, if so, you could just use snipping tool or other programs. If Hulu somehow blocks all of that, it might know a bit to much about your computer.

That's just how you eat lemons. Do you not peel them before taking a bite? That's gross..

On the phone app. When I try to screenshot it tells me the app doesn't allow it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Deke is perfect the way he is leave lemon boy alone

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
deke's company definitely has a dating app that goes by lemon/lime instead of thumbs up/thumbs down

right????

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do people eat lemons like oranges? I've only ever seen them used for their juice, zest, or as a garnish.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByX4231n4Eg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god, the Framework bit is going to be a regular thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

Oh my god, the Framework bit is going to be a regular thing.

Says it was from last weeks episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Test Pattern posted:

Ok, completely left-field theory time, but I can't let it go

We've got:
Aliens that are leathery bat things from space that walk among us, seeming to be humans that they've replaced/taken over; and
A character hunting them who is also from somewhere else and seems, to the uninformed, to just be murdering random people.

What I'm saying is, it's highly unlikely we'll hear the word "Galador" on TV, but a man can hope.

Disney does not own ROM. Hasbro has had a ROM script kicking around for a few years now, was allegedly planned to spin out of the TF franchise.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

howe_sam posted:

Do people eat lemons like oranges? I've only ever seen them used for their juice, zest, or as a garnish.

Nah I was making a lame joke.
That being said, you can totally eat a slice of lemon like an orange. It's an acquired tast.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

That’s umm, yeah.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Rhyno posted:

Disney does not own ROM. Hasbro has had a ROM script kicking around for a few years now, was allegedly planned to spin out of the TF franchise.

Marvel owns Galador and the Space Knights, so...

“Who’s that?”

“It’s RON!”

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

superLINUS posted:

Marvel owns Galador and the Space Knights, so...

“Who’s that?”

“It’s RON!”

Marvel does not now, nor has it ever, owned the space knights. Basically Hasbro owns the character, Marvel owns the setting

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel owns the name Space Knights, they even published a mini by that name 15 years ago. They own all the characters created for the comics as well.
They own all the things that made ROM interesting which is why the IDW series has been so lame.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Where's my dumb comic book show

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Basketball? BASKETBALL?!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
To be fair, the NBA has been sporting as msny aliens as Agents of SHIELD lately. Like we have literal Space Jam style athletes now, guys that are 6'11" moving like gymnasts with the speed of track stars. Its insane.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That’s also why so many of them get hurt so easily now and have to take so many games off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I can't watch this til tomorrow, but now I'm super psyched. It's a basketball-themed episode?? That's awesome!