Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
wtf now I love the U.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Big daddy USA calling the shots for Rob ford

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/DavidHains/status/1136332649059049472

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao they're just. so. dumb.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

One year in and they actually seem to be getting dumber.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its their smartest and best move yet tho

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

vyelkin posted:

party memo goes out to all members to attend remembrance day ceremonies absolutely loving smashed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
thank god for our brave soldiers who died for my right to drink an entire 24 and pass out in the gutter

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

vyelkin posted:

thank god for our brave soldiers who died for my right to drink an entire 24 and pass out in the gutter

at 9 am

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
its cool that the party that arbitrarily hosed with the municipal election of the largest city in the country and cut its number of elected representatives in half out of spite is going on about civil liberties and freedom

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

RBC posted:

its cool that the party that arbitrarily hosed with the municipal election of the largest city in the country and cut its number of elected representatives in half out of spite is going on about civil liberties and freedom

The cruelty is the point.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

RBC posted:

it's only an abrogation of freedom if you have a right to something

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

add Terry Glavin to the list of stupid old white men who think the G-word is too harsh a term to put on what Canada does to indigenous people

https://twitter.com/TerryGlavin/status/1136318386051272704

it's a multipartisan consensus! praise be!

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
As an internationally recognized genocidal state, Canada probably shouldn't feel much pressure anymore as a global role model so not much point lowering our ghg emissions. You're welcome. - Trudeau probably

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/kinsellawarren/status/1136327271852064769

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jfc. boomer purge when

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

The Ontario provincial legislature has adjourned until after the Federal election. I guess Scheer pleaded with Ford to gently caress off.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RBC posted:

it's because trudeau did it to make money rather than the pure hatred of non-whites that sustains all boomers

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"in my day we didn't need an excuse to tear up native land with a backhoe"

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
After the international investigation concludes, the apparently sacred Indian Act will remain wholly intact. A lot of people will appear on T.V. crying, some trivial amount of money will change hands and immediately disappear into a void. Nothing will change, but a few very well written reports will point out the food insecurity issues and the CBC will run a few article about moving away from a diesel power grid up north.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hand Knit posted:

The Ontario provincial legislature has adjourned until after the Federal election. I guess Scheer pleaded with Ford to gently caress off.

Hahahah

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
"My work here is done" says Doug Ford patting the dust from his hands, standing proudly before the flaming wreckage of the province of Ontario

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

infernal machines posted:

"My work here is done" says Doug Ford patting the dust from his hands, standing proudly before the flaming wreckage of the province of Ontario

his own party begging him to stop

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

autism ZX spectrum posted:

After the international investigation concludes, the apparently sacred Indian Act will remain wholly intact. A lot of people will appear on T.V. crying, some trivial amount of money will change hands and immediately disappear into a void. Nothing will change, but a few very well written reports will point out the food insecurity issues and the CBC will run a few article about moving away from a diesel power grid up north.

bold of you to assume that the news will give a poo poo for longer than 2 seconds

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Oh man, on the heels of proposing to cap public worker wage increases to 1%: https://www.thepostmillennial.com/ford-government-announces-one-percent-annual-wage-cap-on-public-sector-workers/

quote:

“This is a fair and time-limited approach that applies across the provincial public sector,” said President of the Treasury Board Peter Bethlenfalvy.

Good luck finding competent people!

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Isn't that designed exactly to ensure governmental departments are fundamentally broken? Make all the competent people leave, hire them on in the ~private sector~ and then run a bunch of hit pieces about how private industry is outperforming lovely public sector workers.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Isn't that designed exactly to ensure governmental departments are fundamentally broken? Make all the competent people leave, hire them on in the ~private sector~ and then run a bunch of hit pieces about how private industry is outperforming lovely public sector workers.

a) This.
b) I strongly suspect that the value of defined benefit pensions is such that it'd still be well worth working toward one against a nigh unthinkable declining nominal salary.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I can't wait for prime minister Dougie ford.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's too bad the crack brother died.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it usually takes a while because even when staffed by the most uneducated and unqualified buffoons the public sector still massively outperforms the private

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

as a genocidal state can we just kill all albertas and be done with it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but what about the rural albertan advantage?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You mean white privilege?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i regret to inform you that alberta sucks no matter how close to a city you are

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

this country sucks so bad jfc

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Buddy just wait till election eh

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Buddy just wait till election eh

really glad to see the one time canadians seem to step up to the plate and really try break out of our stereotypical mediocrity is when we're being chuds

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

James Baud posted:

a) This.
b) I strongly suspect that the value of defined benefit pensions is such that it'd still be well worth working toward one against a nigh unthinkable declining nominal salary.

Alberta I'm guessing defined benefit goes away for provincial employees with in 2 years.

The Golden pension narrative was in the 2019 election cycle and i can see Kenney being the stupider one in this instance.

Ontario teachers are one thing to gently caress with. Their pension plan isn't.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i would hate to the break the narrative but I think right around now is typically the time most legislatures go on break until fall sessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You're right but Ontario is not coming back until Oct 28, more than a month later than the normal return on Sept 6. It's very much within the narrative since the federal elections are happening in-between those two dates.