Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Failtron posted:

The matches will keep going, and going, and going...

:zoro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Eighting should make a new Fate fighter. These days there would also be a lot more characters to choose from with the spinoffs and stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good luck getting them to do anything that isn't a Zoids or Kamen Rider game as that's what they've been doing since 2011.

They also worked on some Monhun ports too, I guess.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I saw a rumor about an ASW Godzilla 2D fighter being announced at Microsoft's E3 conference so we'll see if that's anything or not

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the 'source' of that rumor was an anonymous 4chan post so uh seems like just some made up poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tales of Woe posted:

the 'source' of that rumor was an anonymous 4chan post so uh seems like just some made up poo poo

yeah, probably!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Blockhouse posted:

I saw a rumor about an ASW Godzilla 2D fighter being announced at Microsoft's E3 conference so we'll see if that's anything or not

If this happens, hopefully Godzilla Earth just plays like a TvC giant

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A giant fighter where meter comes from environmental destruction would be cool but thats probably already a feature in gigamaidens

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Countblanc posted:

Arcsys isn't allowed to make new games until they make a One Piece fighting game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5PHpu0lD4

Their DBZ 3DS game uses the same engine and they even patched the games with cross-compatibility so you can fight DBZ characters against One Piece characters.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Bring back King of the Monsters, I say.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like a 5v5 fighting game where each team is a sentai robot with all five players having to do inputs to win the match.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Barudak posted:

I would like a 5v5 fighting game where each team is a sentai robot with all five players having to do inputs to win the match.

I'm not sure the world is ready for QWOP Fighters

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

If you dont want an EVO grand final of ten people despearatley struggling to get their robot off their faces and just punch their opponent I dont even want to know you

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

It's not a fighting game, but I'm reminded of Regular Human Basketball.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Gutcruncher posted:

Eighting should make a new Fate fighter. These days there would also be a lot more characters to choose from with the spinoffs and stuff.

The current Fate 3v3 arena fighter looks really cool, and then you see the absurd amount of money you need to invest to play the drat thing and 180 your way out of there.

Also the FOTNS game was busted as hell, yet still 100% accurate to the source material.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

We just need a 3 on 3 FOTNS basketball game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

db super baseball game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

edit nope

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xand_Man posted:

We just need a 3 on 3 FOTNS basketball game

Does a ball have pressure points?

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Give me a pc port of gundam versus you coward namcops

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Locke posted:

I am ready

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Savage For The Winjun posted:

something something rise of incarnates

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wait is asw making a kaiju fighting game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a rumor

It's bullshit, but I believe it

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

Isn't that just Toribash?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
tech romancer looks cool, but was it actually that cool? I have seen more gundam battle assault than it at this point.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Zand posted:

tech romancer looks cool, but was it actually that cool? I have seen more gundam battle assault than it at this point.

I played the Dreamcast version a while back. It seemed okay from a short session, although it was very spectacle-heavy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Sorry, gundam breaker didn't sell so there's no market. Nothing at all to do with gundam breaker being bad.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

gundam versus also sucks. i pray every night for maxi boost on or exvs2

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I only barely touched EXVS so why exactly was GVS bad? Asides from the brazen DLC strategy lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Madmarker posted:

Isn't that just Toribash?

Toribash is a game of grace and beauty

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

dragon enthusiast posted:

I only barely touched EXVS so why exactly was GVS bad? Asides from the brazen DLC strategy lol

the dlc units shattered the balance of the game which was rather tenuous before then. they promised long term support and just kinda went dark on it after all the suits were out.

to be kinda specific: boost dives made offense too low commitment for higher cost units in general. DLC like nightingale took that to the next level and killed neutral play, especially when paired with how frighteningly strong bursts could be. this caused most of the low cost units to be basically useless as they can't keep up with higher cost boost efficiency. (age-1 spallow being a very notable exception and DLC lol). a majority of the units in the game fall into that 200/300 tier, and they are almost entirely useless beyond gimmick play.

bandai namco promised event support with local multiplayer at tournaments, then no showed and never patched console linked multiplayer into the main game. it was present and working fine in event builds. it was just a lot of poo poo in the first three months and they abandoned ship pretty quick.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Also the assists are very whack and detract from solid giant robot gameplay.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Zand posted:

Yes. Also from a single player standpoint it has an excellent story mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1137152962927648768

Harada is ready for e3

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
What game is that combo listing for?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Fuckin finger puzzles

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zand posted:

if you get all the voice actor and design references it's a hoot, but it's roughly as competitive as 1v1 powerstone for roughly the same reasons (mostly item usage and free 3d movement) except you can block in TR

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Real hurthling! posted:

Harada is ready for e3

I’ve gotten super into a bunch of fighting games since returning to the genre at the rear end end of 2016. And I can easily say that Tekken 7 is the best one I’ve played out of all the ones I’ve tried in that timeframe. By a very wide margin.

What i’m getting at is Harada is my new boss and if he so much as farts gibberish on twitter i’m gonna be all ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm pretty sure that tweet is just Harada being super-frustrated at Namco's E3 lineup getting leaked by their own website.

(There was no fighting game stuff on the list.)