Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I dont want to pay for a streaming service without any guarantee it will even run on my connection.

At least PS Now had a free trial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WaltherFeng posted:

I dont want to pay for a streaming service without any guarantee it will even run on my connection.

yeah, a week trial. i liked it but it was brought my internet bill up and it didnt run great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

It will probably have a trial

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

DLC Inc posted:

given how Sony has been with this lately I'm guessing "no" lol
About that....

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1136686629459046400

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Craptacular! posted:

They won't have basically any controller and something that can run Chrome?

You don't even need a controller, Stadia has mouse & keyboard support.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thats good because I'm sick of having to have double the amount of free space just to patch D2 on my PS4. so i'm fine with playing on pc instead

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Stadia's 4K streaming will eat up a monthly terabyte data plan in only 65 hours.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Or just over 2 hours a day, which is nothing compared to what the sort of person who will splurge for 4k60 gameplay typically does. And that's if the connection is not being used for anything else, which is probably not true.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm on an unlimited gigabit plan, bring it on! (but don't bring it on, actually, because I dislike input lag)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well if yall wanna shitpost about E3, feel free to join

https://discord.gg/rjk2GHW

basically don't be a shitter and mute the other hundred channels you hate to read

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TinyBuild's E3 reveal is a Soulslike: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1068600/Waking/

It's for Steam/Xbox/Discord, not PS4, so it will likely have a trailer at Microsoft's event.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cannot believe Microsoft put together a more compelling offering on accident on PC

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The 7th Guest posted:

TinyBuild's E3 reveal is a Soulslike: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1068600/Waking/

It's for Steam/Xbox/Discord, not PS4, so it will likely have a trailer at Microsoft's event.

The description says ur only weapon is love

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A cg trailer followed by 5 minutes of developer interviews is some pro e3 filler. Good use of your 25 minutes Google.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Never heard of tinybuild, what'd they do ?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bunch of good games like Punch Club, Final Station, Clustertruck, Mr. Shifty

they also did Hello Neighor

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Why is my most hyped game that Ubisoft roller derby game? It's all I keep thinking about. If the mechanics are deep enough, I'll buy whatever it takes to play it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bushisms.txt posted:

Why is my most hyped game that Ubisoft roller derby game? It's all I keep thinking about. If the mechanics are deep enough, I'll buy whatever it takes to play it.

it might be cool. i like most of ubisofts games and will probably buy alot of what they are showing but i am not really "excited" for any of them outside cyberpunk and weird random stuff.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

If it's a Ubisoft game then it'll be kind of good but really unpolished and have some stupid ideas and then they'll either support it as a live service for years to fix it or do a sequel that makes you wonder why you bothered buying the original.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Didn’t Tiny Build have that super embarrassing press conference last year where they emulated Devolver but made it horrible?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LeafyOrb posted:

Didn’t Tiny Build have that super embarrassing press conference last year where they emulated Devolver but made it horrible?

No it was Limited Run Games, the folks that do all the physical versions of formally digital only games

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tiny Build did have an embarrassing music video concert thing that was a bad parody of E3 conferences. Limited Run had the really awful looking PS1 3D green screened stage to announce a bunch of games you already own, but on media you're meant to keep on a shelf instead of use to play and their big localization announcement was a game that was already localized coming to consoles.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Policenaut posted:

If it's a Ubisoft game then it'll be kind of good but really unpolished and have some stupid ideas and then they'll either support it as a live service for years to fix it or do a sequel that makes you wonder why you bothered buying the original.

Or like The Crew 2, make a sequel that makes you wonder why you'd buy that over the original.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The embarrassing version of Devolver's show was Devolver.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it was good, actually

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Macaluso posted:

No it was Limited Run Games, the folks that do all the physical versions of formally digital only games

No, Tiny Build did one too, that was even way more obviously just trying to be Devolver, whereas Limited Run’s was just some bizarre thing where their staff spoke on a CGI stage and showed trailers for games that were already out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THQ Nordic is currently winning E3 with their Not-Diablo and Sponge game announcements

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DLC Inc posted:

THQ Nordic is currently winning E3 with their Not-Diablo and Sponge game announcements

Big result for the Nazi demographic

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DLC Inc posted:

8chan will be so proud

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally the aspiring child molestor demographic takes back E3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Indeed, this one is for the gamers

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

"takes back"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Its going to suck when thq announces timesplitters

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
GET IN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ7YLz-nRCc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Its going to suck when thq announces timesplitters

I played part of one of them (maybe 2? 3?) and all I remember is it felt like goldeneye with unreasonable enemy difficulty so THQ wont get me into their child rubbing grip with it

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I'm out of the loop, what has THQ done now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Brick Shipment posted:

I'm out of the loop, what has THQ done now

They did a Q&A on 8chan, home of Nazis and pedos

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

... oh.
I guess my next question is 'why?', but no one has to answer that one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Brick Shipment posted:

... oh.
I guess my next question is 'why?', but no one has to answer that one.

Well given my experience managing corporate advertising the answer is "because THQ Nordic endorses nazism and pedophilia" and wanted to make that clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
basically it wasn't a rogue employee or something, one of the top thqnordic guys did it