Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So... Blood Theatre.

Four screens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like how all the many announcements are both completely irrelevant and stop suddenly and leave the latter half feeling strangely devoid.

I've seen poo poo cash grab steam games with a better understanding of atmosphere and pacing.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

RiffTrax now offers a subscription service.

RiffTrax posted:

How can I watch?
Right now, Friends-only streaming is available here on rifftrax.com — you can watch content on your browser, or on your TV via Google Cast and Apple Airplay — but we'll be launching a Roku channel soon, with more platforms to follow.

How much does it cost?
After your 7-day free trial, the subscription costs $5.99 per month. Look for a charge labeled RIFFTRAX FRIENDS.

What titles are available?
Currently, we have over 100 feature-length titles, and over 200 shorts, available to stream for FREE. Click here for the full list.

Do the Friends plans include any Just the Jokes riffs or MST episodes?
At this time, we only plan to stream RiffTrax Movies and shorts to our Friends. But we hope to offer fun and unique content as our way of saying thanks!

e: accidentally subscribed while trying — and failing — to change the payment method :shepspends:

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 17, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I own at least half of these titles. I may have a problem.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It looks like the same catalogue they run on the twitch channel, which you can subscribe to free with Amazon Prime. Just an fyi.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Another Bill posted:

It looks like the same catalogue they run on the twitch channel, which you can subscribe to free with Amazon Prime. Just an fyi.

Yes, but you aren’t tied to what they happen to be showing at any given moment, which is worth $5 to me.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

To get the full effect of Rollergator, you really need to nuture a healthy stockholm syndrome with it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The subscription stuff definitely feels a little fiddly right now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And it's not available out of the US seems like:(

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

By popular demand posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Bummer, although Ill just keep shoveling money to them directly.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I just watched Blood Theater.

I'm starting to think that Rick Sloan may not be good at making movies.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Jokes on them, I already own all the full length riffs. Take that, Smellson.

Do other people's credit card statements refer to Rifftrax as a recurring charge or have I just confused them by spending $10 there every week or two?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched Sisters of Death on Friends of Rifftrax and man, that is a movie that does not earn its twist. It isn't supported by anything that actually happens and since it is the very end of the movie there's no real payoff to learning said twist.

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

Bedurndurn posted:

Do other people's credit card statements refer to Rifftrax as a recurring charge or have I just confused them by spending $10 there every week or two?

My statements had "recurring charge" on them, too. It's just a one time charge for that purchase only.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo did a Driptrax and confirm that they are going to keep doing Teen Agers movies. They also mention that yes, they are also annoyed by the really loose continuity of the films.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

muscles like this! posted:

Bridget and Mary Jo did a Driptrax and confirm that they are going to keep doing Teen Agers movies. They also mention that yes, they are also annoyed by the really loose continuity of the films.

This is excellent. The Teenagers films are the perfect combination of coherent filmmaking and complete batshit insanity, so I'm looking forward to many more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Friends section really needs a way to filter it, at least to remove the stuff you already own.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm finally getting around to Fun In Balloonland and I swear to God this narrator woman sounds like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Arachnia: Feels like they really wanted Bruce Campbell to play the lead. And he asks the black woman how she can have a British surname, and it turns out it's because she was adopted by white people. I know the Vermont-based writers might have never met a black person, but seriously?

Hillbillys [sic] in a Haunted House: Sad to see three horror icons in this. Rifftrax cut about twenty minutes, probably because it was more country music. (You might've seen Merle Haggard in the credits but he isn't in Rifftrax's version.) Ferlin Husky was apparently the first person to record Bob Ferguson's "Wings of a Dove." I wonder if they ever tried to sue the composer from Boggy Creek II.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One week out from the next Rifftrax (not exactly) Live and as a reminder that since this is pre-recorded it will start at 7:30 your local time instead of the standard 8 Eastern.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Woo! If you backed the kickstarter and had this reward at your level, you now have Octaman Live in your Library.

Can't wait to watch this poo poo again this weekend.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

A friend and I just started up a podcast based around RiffTrax. First episode is definitely a first episode, plus the other guy was apparently playing with a box cutter.

If you want to give it a listen, here's some links to various services where you can listen.

Apple: https://apple.co/2Iked73
Google: http://bit.ly/2WdtADn
Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2JWkE3H
Anchor: https://anchor.fm/trueblueriffcast

Also, it turns out I'm going to be driving 3 hours round-trip with another goon to be able to see Star Raiders tomorrow. I really hate my local theater right now.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Really digging into those '80s comic strips for slides on this go round

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God drat Star Raiders may be the worst movie they’ve done yet

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

FlamingLiberal posted:

It is impressively bad. Also, the transport pilot kinda looks like Rich Evans if you squint.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

"Well I have to say, these computer graphics were impressive back in 1992"

"Uhhh this movie was made 18 months ago....."

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Horrible movie, but one of the best RiffTrax.

Disappointed that we had to wait for the end for Cynthia Rothrock.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I would absolutely watch a sequel to that. (Riffed)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

BDawg posted:

Horrible movie, but one of the best RiffTrax.

Disappointed that we had to wait for the end for Cynthia Rothrock.
Yeah I kept waiting for her to show up, only to be disappointed that it's a four line role in the last 5 minutes when they are for some reason doing a sequel hook

It sure feels like they couldn't decide how to end the story so they just have it very quickly segue into sequel bait

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m CERTAIN there was a plot in there, somewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It kind of felt like the movie was almost going to make the Transport Pilot evil (the Prince knocks him out but then his eyes open) but then I guess he just turns out to be a good friend to them all?

Edit: Ha, I had my suspicions and after checking IMDB yes, the Transport Pilot was totally the writer/director of the movie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It kind of felt like the movie was almost going to make the Transport Pilot evil (the Prince knocks him out but then his eyes open) but then I guess he just turns out to be a good friend to them all?

Edit: Ha, I had my suspicions and after checking IMDB yes, the Transport Pilot was totally the writer/director of the movie.
It really seemed like they were going to have him show up as one of those undead skull robot things near the end, but nope

I was also surprised how the middle part of the movie had almost no Casper Van Dien, and instead focused on really bad plot stuff that wasn't even necessary like the scenes between the prince and the princess. There's loads of unnecessary padding that I can't tell if it was on purpose or the director is just that incompetent that they never followed up on dropped plot threads.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
That sure was the middle third of a bad movie.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.rifftrax.com/casper

coupon codes SABER (10% off) and RAINE (5%)

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

They did Manos twice.

And the Star Wars prequels and every Twilight movie.

Think about what you're saying.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

CrimsonAuthor posted:

That sure was the middle third of a bad movie.

yeah I'm not really complaining but it seemed like the movie just ended all of a sudden

Kevin's ending tune was great

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Skratchez posted:

And the Star Wars prequels

Whoa now this movie was far, far worse than even Phantom Menace. At least the prequels had finished, fully-designed and -rendered ships, backgrounds, SFX, etc. And edits that, while nonsensical at times, were not just plain bad. And the kid that played the prince in this was just loving awful. Like on a level I can't even comprehend.

One of the things I appreciated about this riff is how much they gave the original film space to just be bad, especially in the editing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, there were lots of awkward pauses or horrible SFX moments in the film that were intentionally unriffed, and there was audience laughter regardless. Both in the stream and in my theatre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite parts were when they would use the tiniest trees as cover during gunfights.