Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

drat I know the Wednesday maintenance sucks but who can even play at that time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I embarrassed myself in a chocoTaco custom game by forgetting to take off my vest for a pan fight.

:sigh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
i embarassed myself in chocotaco customs by getting headshot jumping, by getting owned by a pan fight betrayal, by disconnecting from the server for 12 seconds and running into the blue, and by dying instantly when my boat slid backwards since it put me directly on top of the boat when I got out.

pubg is a quality program

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

waaah

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Ok I legit just watched someone on Sanhok stay in his parachute for about 4 minutes until the first airdrop and then just casually landed on top of it. Pretty hilarious actually.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Ok I legit just watched someone on Sanhok stay in his parachute for about 4 minutes until the first airdrop and then just casually landed on top of it. Pretty hilarious actually.

This should be a steam achievement. Now I wanna try it anyway.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Bluezone changes on Erangel are being revisited after 14 months (finally). Also some crazy different visual updates for Erangel. Brendan Greene was the worst.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/06/05/pubg-development-update-erangel-visual-update-test-server/

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Bluezone changes on Erangel are being revisited after 14 months (finally). Also some crazy different visual updates for Erangel. Brendan Greene was the worst.

https://www.pubg.com/2019/06/05/pubg-development-update-erangel-visual-update-test-server/

BRING BACK ALL THE NEAT FUN GAME MODES YOU COWARDS!!!!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I saw it suggested that they do an event mode in which they bring back all the old bugs. Imagine, you could be playing with parachutes that may or may not open, cars that flip into space and explode, and guns that randomly disappear! Or you could step into a corner and die to falling! Who knows? We don't!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I saw it suggested that they do an event mode in which they bring back all the old bugs. Imagine, you could be playing with parachutes that may or may not open, cars that flip into space and explode, and guns that randomly disappear! Or you could step into a corner and die to falling! Who knows? We don't!

That's just the regular, current PUBG experience though? I've only been playing a few games a week, and I've had a parachute that stopped midair and flung me, I landed on a roof at Paradise and instantly died to falling, and floating guns still show up. Plus vehicles still randomly murder you for daring to ride them.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hellsau posted:

That's just the regular, current PUBG experience though? I've only been playing a few games a week, and I've had a parachute that stopped midair and flung me, I landed on a roof at Paradise and instantly died to falling, and floating guns still show up. Plus vehicles still randomly murder you for daring to ride them.

Parachutes used to just never even open at times. And I mean things like oh look I have no gun and can't shoot even though I have it in my inventory, so you have to drop it and pick it back up, as well as the flight to space with vehicles that doesn't happen nearly as often anymore. As much as we like to complain about pubg, they've fixed tons and tons of the jank that it used to have.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's not a bug, that's a feature! #VanillaWoW

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this is the gamerest thread

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hellsau posted:

FWIW, I haven't had a buggy chute or a malfunctioning vehicle in months. Floating guns show up rarely, that does still annoy me. Terribly distracting in a firefight.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

it's not the car "randomly killing you" when you get out before putting the brake on and then run in front of it

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I still get the bug where rarely, when you're dropping an item for someone to take, it'll clip into the ground some and still be visible but can't ever be interacted with again, which can really suck if you're giving someone something nice. Really frustrating sometimes.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea I still play a lot and get none of those bugs. Desync/ping issues are still mehhhhhhh although it's gotten better from when it was REALLY bad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hellsau is just whiny

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
And if "Hellsau" is the in-game name you haven't played a game in 4 months :shrug:

But yea, none of those bugs really happen. And they sure as hell aren't happening in the "few games a week" that you play. The game is in a good state for the people who enjoy it and it's only gotten better since Brendan Greene left.

They do need to re-work nades, though. :D

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just watched him blow himself up with a grenade in a choco custom game a couple weeks ago.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

My favorite bug was when you could drop an item and pick it up, and the smoke from smoke grenades would just disappear. That one was real bizarre.

And yeah the desync is way way way better than it used to be. I've just been playing chocoTaco's custom games, and the custom servers are often bad, but even when they're bad they're not as bad as they were in regular games like a year and a half ago.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

How about this car randomly killing you

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hockles posted:

I just watched him blow himself up with a grenade in a choco custom game a couple weeks ago.

That was hilarious.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i haven't played in a while what guns are good or bad now

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

oddium posted:

All guns are bad, love your fists and mollies and grenades.

berryl is garbage, m4 fully loaded still best, slr best dmr

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

oddium posted:

car's baby !

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFfkK3Vd2Q

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyone still playing this poo poo? took a few months off and the latest patches seem kinda interesting

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Once ledge grabbing is on live I'll be playing again

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

zapplez posted:

anyone still playing this poo poo? took a few months off and the latest patches seem kinda interesting

I play in chocoTaco's custom games and that's it. I would be constantly tilted by the nonsense, like how is the vehicles running away bug still in the game? They'll roll down, keep going, and then go slightly uphill and still keep going and then eventually stop while on an incline, but if you try to intentionally roll a vehicle by hopping out without braking all the way, the vehicle will just stay still.

Also I watched my partner get into a pan fight with some guy and it was amazing, because both players pans were clearly intersecting each other's player models repeatedly for like two and a half minutes, and no one took damage, because the server was nonfunctional.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Gas cans explode now. Game is good.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

I play in chocoTaco's custom games and that's it. I would be constantly tilted by the nonsense, like how is the vehicles running away bug still in the game? They'll roll down, keep going, and then go slightly uphill and still keep going and then eventually stop while on an incline, but if you try to intentionally roll a vehicle by hopping out without braking all the way, the vehicle will just stay still.

Also I watched my partner get into a pan fight with some guy and it was amazing, because both players pans were clearly intersecting each other's player models repeatedly for like two and a half minutes, and no one took damage, because the server was nonfunctional.

I still put in a ton of time into this game and never run into things that you run into. Vehicles running away isn't a "bug." If you don't full stop your car, something is going to happen to it. Also, your friends were probably missing.

The game is the same as it has been for months and months now (it's good and fun!), sometimes desync does still happen which is by far the most annoying part of the game. Gunplay is still amazing. New Erangel looks really promising and I hope they do the same to Miramar after this.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hellsau posted:

Dude, they made it like that a few patches ago. Try holding the handbreak when you exit, it works like a charm. I spotted that in the patch notes, else I would be as annoyed as you are.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Dude, they made it like that a few patches ago. Try holding the handbreak when you exit, it works like a charm. I spotted that in the patch notes, else I would be as annoyed as you are.

Except you cannot reliably force the car to roll - if you drive, let go of the accelerator to slow down to ~15 kmph and hop out, your car will just stop even on a downhill slope some percentage of the time. If you're trying to roll the car intentionally, you can't really do it without an uncomfortable risk of failure.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Except you cannot reliably force the car to roll - if you drive, let go of the accelerator to slow down to ~15 kmph and hop out, your car will just stop even on a downhill slope some percentage of the time. If you're trying to roll the car intentionally, you can't really do it without an uncomfortable risk of failure.

How can PUBG Corp let this core mechanic of the game go broken for so long

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Who says it's broken?

Also why are you so worried about gently rolling cars into specific spots, what on Earth. Just slam that thing sideways into a compound and start shooting bad guys.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Hellsau posted:

hold w and change seat then get out

but really why are you trying to roll cars

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Imagine not having to shift your own gears. Awful.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

imagine ever wanting to get out of a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

time for a joke posted:

imagine ever wanting to get out of a car

sometimes you run out of gas, and sometimes there's a vehicle spawn near water so you want to roll your vehicle in the water and take the one with more gas