Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm not at home, I'll post them as soon as I get home, probably 10 1/2 hours from now. :)

Edit: lovely snipe. Also, I plan to do a little tweaking of Brhuce Hammar: Legacy, to eliminate the lovely power core hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Doublepostin' because ~yolo~

I posted all four mods here.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
For those who dislike Chinese malware sites: The HDT extensions!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ii537bm6najmak3/hdtSSEPhysics_1_5_62.7z/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mbdqwfnue1pwjzp/hdtSSEFramework_1_5_62.7z/file

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Anyone use SPERG and try to actually learn spells from staves like it says you can? I can't seem to get that to work. A bad interaction with the Apocalypse spells, perhaps? I just fired off enough Hailstones to kill a dragon on legendary and didn't learn the spell.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

alright so heavily modded skyrim melts my i5-4670 3.4ghz cpu, it'll have to wait until july

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Deuce posted:

Anyone use SPERG and try to actually learn spells from staves like it says you can? I can't seem to get that to work. A bad interaction with the Apocalypse spells, perhaps? I just fired off enough Hailstones to kill a dragon on legendary and didn't learn the spell.

are you talking about the Artificer perk? it says "unique staves" so i don't know if that includes all staves.

anyway you can chop wood for 5 minutes to make enough money to buy hailstones you lazy poor :v:

e: oh drat there's a staff leveling option i didn't know about whoa nvm

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 7, 2019

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Rainbow Knight posted:

are you talking about the Artificer perk? it says "unique staves" so i don't know if that includes all staves.

anyway you can chop wood for 5 minutes to make enough money to buy hailstones you lazy poor :v:

e: oh drat there's a staff leveling option i didn't know about whoa nvm

If I just buy the spellbook the game wins :colbert:

(the challenge mode is only learning spells from found books or staves)

Deuce fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 8, 2019

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Yeah, staff leveling is definitely just not working with SPERG. No skill gain with a staff of hailstones, so I tried the Eye of Melka which casts fireball. No movement, no learning of the spell. Sanguine Rose is a unique staff and I have the perk for that, no skill gain or learning there. Nor a staff of Lesser Daedra.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 8, 2019

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What are the fun spells in Apocalypse?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Average Bear posted:

Sorta depends upon what build you're doing, but I recommend Ocato's Recital (which allows you to auto-buff when entering combat).

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Started a fresh game with only SPERG installed. Console'd up staves and it works fine. Now to figure out what is causing the issue.
code:
#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Name
"0003","A Quality World Map"
"0004","Acquisitive Soul Gems Multithreaded"
"0005","Amazing Follower Tweaks SE"
"0006","Andromeda - Unique Standing Stones of Skyrim"
"0007","Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim"
"0008","Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer Pack (SE)"
"0009","Birds and Flocks SSE Edition"
"0010","Birds of Skyrim SSE Edition"
"0011","Book Covers Skyrim"
"0012","Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library"
"0013","Chappers Demonic Alduin Mashup"
"0014","Cutting Room Floor"
"0015","Deadly Dragons"
"0016","Diverse Dragons Collection SE (DDCse)"
"0002","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0001","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0000","DLC: HearthFires"
"0017","Dragon Animation Replace in Special Edition"
"0018","Dragon Soul Relinquishment SE"
"0019","Enhanced Blood Textures"
"0020","Enhanced Lights and FX"
"0021","Glowing Ore Veins 300 SSE"
"0022","Immersive Armors"
"0023","Immersive Dragons"
"0024","Immersive Patrols SE"
"0025","INIGO"
"0026","Lanterns of Skyrim SE"
"0027","Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE"
"0028","Morningstar - Minimalistic Races of Skyrim"
"0029","Obsidian Weathers and Seasons"
"0030","Ore Weight Reduced to 0.5"
"0031","Realistic Water Two"
"0032","Reforge Leveled Uniques"
"0033","Relighting Skyrim - SSE"
"0034","skyBirds SSE Edition"
"0035","Skyrim 2017 Textures by Pfuscher"
"0036","Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE"
"0037","Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition"
"0038","Skyrim Skill Uncapper"
"0039","SkyUI"
"0040","Sounds of Skyrim Complete SE"
"0041","Spells Emit Light"
"0042","SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay SSE Port"
"0043","Static Mesh Improvement Mod"
"0044","Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers"
"0045","Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim"
"0046","The Notice Board SE"
"0047","Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion"
"0048","Unlimited Sprinting"
"0049","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch"
"0050","Vilja in Skyrim"
"0051","Vivid Weathers - Definitive Edition"
"0052","Wintersun - Faiths of Skyrim"
"0053","Zim's Immersive Artifacts V1.5"

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Only 50 huh?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That's about the size of my modlist. Skyrim looks fine to me, so I don't go for a lot of the graphics and lighting mods you see around. Most of my modlist is stuff like SPERG, EnaiSiaion mods, Skyrim Unbound, and bugfixes.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
I don't understand this game.

Reloaded mods one by one for a while, everything seemed to work. Eventually said "gently caress it, none of the remaining mods could possible be conflicting." So I enabled everything again. Could learn firebolt from a staff no problem.

Hey, maybe these are just weird staves. I'll console this new guy a Melka's Eye staff (which casts fireball) to test. Works fine, learn fireball.

Don't even exit out of the game, load up the save from my actual game with the actual Melka's Eye staff (among others) that I've had problems with. Wont learn the spell.

WTF

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It might be some setting you have changed in one of the mods that you didn't duplicate in the test save. Try double-checking all of your settings for SPERG and every mod that could possibly be causing the conflict.

Also, make sure load order is the same for both saves. Mods lower in the load order are loaded last and overwrite mods earlier in the load order, if I understand this correctly.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Commander Keene posted:

It might be some setting you have changed in one of the mods that you didn't duplicate in the test save. Try double-checking all of your settings for SPERG and every mod that could possibly be causing the conflict.

Also, make sure load order is the same for both saves. Mods lower in the load order are loaded last and overwrite mods earlier in the load order, if I understand this correctly.

Load order should be based on starting the game rather than save file specific, right? I learned fireball from melka's staff on a brand new character (staff created via console), then loaded directly to the main save game and couldn't learn it with the sam estaff.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Deuce posted:

Load order should be based on starting the game rather than save file specific, right? I learned fireball from melka's staff on a brand new character (staff created via console), then loaded directly to the main save game and couldn't learn it with the sam estaff.
Yes, AFAIK. I mentioned it in case you were using a separate profile in MO(2) to test the mods.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Commander Keene posted:

Yes, AFAIK. I mentioned it in case you were using a separate profile in MO(2) to test the mods.

I tried a separate profile, and when that worked fine I switched back to the main profile and nope.

The new character on the old prfile works, so something in the actual save file? Tried resetting perks and changing deities, still nothing. Fuckin game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Deuce posted:

I tried a separate profile, and when that worked fine I switched back to the main profile and nope.

The new character on the old prfile works, so something in the actual save file? Tried resetting perks and changing deities, still nothing. Fuckin game.
It might be baked into your save file, but try looking at mod settings in the MCM first.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I've gotten to High Hrothgar and decided to turn fast travel back on in Requiem

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah, if you're gonna disable fast travel you need some other more immersive means of fast travel, like expanded carts or Mark/Recall.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I was bored at work the other night, and amazingly the nexus isn't blocked on work computers, so I spent my copious downtime looking through the first hundred pages of the most endorsed mods of all time on the SSE nexus, and I found some gems I hadn't known about (or had forgotten), and I figured I'd share them with you folks!

Rougeshot's Mods: So this person has spent a while subtly reshaping the skeletons of a good majority of the creatures in Skyrim, for an almost universally improved appearance (the only ones I don't like are the atronachs he did.) They seem pretty compatible with almost everything too. Also, he seems to have done this by reshaping the skeleton/rigging of the creatures, so it works with custom models that use the same skeletons.

SSE Character Specular Lighting Fix: Apparently the shaders have been broken for a while and weren't applying light properly. I've noticed a lot of NPCs seemed more poorly lit in SE, but this fixes it.

The High Poly Project: A complementary mod to SMIM, this mod improves the meshes of some things SMIM missed.

SSE Engine Fixes: Fixes a bunch of little bugs.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Commander Keene posted:

It might be baked into your save file, but try looking at mod settings in the MCM first.

Everything is set the same. This file DID transfer over from another computer, so I suppose it's possible something got set earlier in the playthrough. I sent the mod files over via intranet but there's files elsewhere that could be different somehow, I guess? (the save file itself was via STEAM cloud save)

I tried SPERG's "reset aliases" button, no dice there either.

I'm just at a loss for how two games with the same modset could have their mechanics behave differently like that.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Average Bear posted:

Backlash is unfairly fun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Agents are GO! posted:

So I was bored at work the other night, and amazingly the nexus isn't blocked on work computers, so I spent my copious downtime looking through the first hundred pages of the most endorsed mods of all time on the SSE nexus, and I found some gems I hadn't known about (or had forgotten), and I figured I'd share them with you folks!

Rougeshot's Mods: So this person has spent a while subtly reshaping the skeletons of a good majority of the creatures in Skyrim, for an almost universally improved appearance (the only ones I don't like are the atronachs he did.) They seem pretty compatible with almost everything too. Also, he seems to have done this by reshaping the skeleton/rigging of the creatures, so it works with custom models that use the same skeletons.

SSE Character Specular Lighting Fix: Apparently the shaders have been broken for a while and weren't applying light properly. I've noticed a lot of NPCs seemed more poorly lit in SE, but this fixes it.

The High Poly Project: A complementary mod to SMIM, this mod improves the meshes of some things SMIM missed.

SSE Engine Fixes: Fixes a bunch of little bugs.

Thanks for these! Gonna try them out.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Bad news on the Brhuce Hammar mod port. He ain't got no head and his SS cap seems to have no textures.

Futhermore:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

did anyone ever try out the trainwiz creation club dungeon

like im guessing its good cause trainwiz but ive been thinking of getting it next time i install skyrim se

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I might now that you mentioned it. Here it is for anyone else:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tMjNtT2_RAq7QsUf4q0LUlccZYpUkbNG

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Average Bear posted:

Bad news on the Brhuce Hammar mod port. He ain't got no head and his SS cap seems to have no textures.

Futhermore:

The faces aren't showing up because the mesh isn't converted to play nice with SSE. At least that's what it seems to be. There's no BSA, so I don't know what to tell you if there's any missing textures at play bundled up in a file that SSE can't read. That'll probably require looking at the models in NifSkope or the Creation Kit and seeing where the missing texture paths are pointing to and if it just means telling the model to look in a different folder for them.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Other than that, he plays fine so far.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Actually, I fixed that part yesterday, I'll upload the fixed version when I get home in a few hours.

nine-gear crow posted:

The faces aren't showing up because the mesh isn't converted to play nice with SSE. At least that's what it seems to be. There's no BSA, so I don't know what to tell you if there's any missing textures at play bundled up in a file that SSE can't read. That'll probably require looking at the models in NifSkope or the Creation Kit and seeing where the missing texture paths are pointing to and if it just means telling the model to look in a different folder for them.

:actually: if it was bad facegen data, it'd either be the black-face bug or the game would CTD. It's because his helmet - which yes, sits under his hat - didn't convert properly. I've fixed it.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jun 9, 2019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Very quick question. I have skyrim special edition and mod organiser isn't recognising it. I googled this problem and found this thread https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/1037 which suggets insalling a previous version (2).

Is this correct?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Have you run the game at least once outside of MO? Are you using MO2?

Also, the updated version of Brhuce Hammar is uploaded.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I might now that you mentioned it. Here it is for anyone else:

cheers, apparently it's deec so I'll check it out next time I play. still waiting for LotD v5 and the Familiar Faces port, which was almost complete but the creator apparently took a long hiatus because he has ADHD lol. Maybe I'll finally play Mzark as well!

this is maybe :filez: but honestly who gives a poo poo about the weird premium creation club stuff anyway

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Apparently SE has an ini option to make the game's LOD look better.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I got it working now, thanks anyway.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nobody in their right mind would call paid mods piracy and you have given Todd enough of your money already. But if you want to give trainwiz your money, he posted on his blog that his new game is coming on kickstarter this month.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yo, I decided to reinstall Skyrim SE and some mods. As soon as I installed LOOT and tried to run it through MO2, Bitdefender threw a poo poo-fit and quarantined a whole bunch of stuff. It really, really hated usvfs_proxy_x86.exe, and I'm thinking it's just because it's doing virus-like VFS stuff without actually being a virus? It quarantined that, ModOrganizer, nxmhandler, LOOT ... and actually something in my AppData folder with a random hex string which does, in fact, seem at least weird since I don't know why MO2 or LOOT would mess with my AMD GLCache directory?

I figure it's overreacting. But also you know, don't want to get computer flu and figure I'll just use whatever Nexus is pushing now - something called Vortex?

Is this like, expected?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I had exactly the same thing and use BD also. I just kept allowing evey thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

Very quick question. I have skyrim special edition and mod organiser isn't recognising it. I googled this problem and found this thread https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/1037 which suggets insalling a previous version (2).

Is this correct?

use Mod Organizer 2