Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

FlamingLiberal posted:

God drat Star Raiders may be the worst movie they’ve done yet

My dude have you even seen Rollergator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rollergator live would spark riots in theaters

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg3s7xV__X8

For context. And Joe Estevez isn't even in that scene.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yeah Rollergator was by far the worst thing I've ever seen, and that includes how many times I've had to see Tommy Wiseau's wormy thrusting with his hip-dick.

Though I really don't wan't to stay for the credits of Star Raiders since my fat rear end is one of the idiots in line. You can actually see my Lyft pulling up in the credits of Octaman, I got there too late to high five the guys because my boss is an rear end in a top hat :smith:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Breadallelogram posted:

Rollergator live would spark riots in theaters

That's the one riff I will never watch again. I don't care if they did a whole new riff for a live show, I would not go see it.

Skratchez
Dec 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yeah Rollergator was by far the worst thing I've ever seen, and that includes how many times I've had to see Tommy Wiseau's wormy thrusting with his hip-dick.

Though I really don't wan't to stay for the credits of Star Raiders since my fat rear end is one of the idiots in line. You can actually see my Lyft pulling up in the credits of Octaman, I got there too late to high five the guys because my boss is an rear end in a top hat :smith:

Oh my. That sounds rough. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I thought was really funny was how poor the make up was on all the masks. Like how both the big head guy and the lizard woman didn't have the mouths properly attached so the mask lips barely moved and you could see their real mouths. Also it wasn't clear but I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to be able to see the bad guy's eyes through his fake head mask.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i showed my friends rollergator once. we had a blast, but i'm not sure if they ever forgave me

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

muscles like this! posted:

One thing I thought was really funny was how poor the make up was on all the masks. Like how both the big head guy and the lizard woman didn't have the mouths properly attached so the mask lips barely moved and you could see their real mouths. Also it wasn't clear but I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to be able to see the bad guy's eyes through his fake head mask.

The bad guy eyes was the best part. I don't even know if the guys caught it because it seems like it would be something that just needs to be called out, like the stormtrooper helmet thing in Star Wars.

The thing about the makeup to me is that almost every alien was so close to being good, and then there would be one major flaw that tanked it--other than the mouths, which were universally bad. Lizard lady's eyes were too high in the mask so they were constant hidden by the brow ridge. Bad guy's eyes. Captain Lou's mustache. Etc. It was like Uncanny Valley: The Movie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh this looks like a good one guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8g-xN4PLmM

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well, that was incredibly stupid.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If you haven't yet, watch Fun in Balloon Land

Starts with a short with a threadbare plot that is supposed to be a young child's dream, followed by very poorly shot (I wouldn't be surprised to find out the guy running the camera was someone's 7th grade son) footage of a Thanksgiving parade in Philadelphia in 1965, with an increasingly nonsensical, potentially inebriated narrator.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Daniel Baldwin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UyL1XlRPWM

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
We're about 10 minutes into "The Apple". What the actual gently caress am I watching.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We're about 10 minutes into "The Apple". What the actual gently caress am I watching.

BIM is on the way!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just wait till you get to the last 10 minutes.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I was not nearly high enough to deal with the heavenly pimpmobile.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

X-O posted:

Just wait till you get to the last 10 minutes.

Hell, every single 10 minute segment of that movie offers a new and weird bit of cinematic derangement.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Anyone else having trouble with the MUSTACHE coupon code?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

echopapa posted:

Anyone else having trouble with the MUSTACHE coupon code?

Yeah it says 15% off everything, EXCLUDES Yesterday's Target, gift cards, and preorders. But in my cart it says "15% off Yesterday's Target" and only gives me $1.50 off my $33 cart.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

By the way, Star Raiders coupons are still working

E: https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1139964647421800448

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 15, 2019

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BaronVonVaderham posted:

1980 compressed to a wafer-thin sheet, punched with sprocket holes, and run through a projector.

They achieved this remarkable breakthrough in 1977 with Viva Knievel and Breaker Breaker, both of which I watched in the same weekend as The Apple and holy poo poo I wanted a CB radio and pet rock by the end

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Viva Knievel is a masterpiece. I didn't know they'd already riffed that one until I suggested it in a facebook thread soliciting movie recommendations. That was downloaded and I pressed play about 5 minutes after this discovery.

I really hope we get to see them do Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Blood Theater and I can't imagine how bad the skank character's acting had to be for them to dub over all her lines.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Watching Blood Theater and I can't imagine how bad the skank character's acting had to be for them to dub over all her lines.

I don't credit the director or anyone to feel any sense of shame or dedication to their craft, so in my headcannon the just messed up the audio during filming and called some random woman in to dub her as a quick fix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blood Theater is such a shambling mess of a movie. Was the killer actually a ghost? If he was why was he old instead of young like when he first killed those people? Why were all the women (with the exception of the secretary) in high school when it had no bearing on the plot? How did the theater owner expect three people to run a movie theater all by themselves? What was up with the mugging scene? Why did no one actually show up for the grand opening? How much nudity did Rifftrax cut out because it sure seems like there was more.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't attempt to find reason within Theatre of Blood, only madness lies there.:ghost:

I just took a big bite of The Apple, and it's loving amazing! Every costume is more flamboyant than the last, Even Liberace would say they should tone it down a bit.
One of the funniest riffed films I ever experienced.

Spoiler if you care:
Its very telling that the stand in for hell just has a massive orgy which is somewhat sexually transgressive and the good people who go to heaven are all primitivist hippies.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i haven't seen all of the apple. don't think i can stand the guys making homophobic jokes for an hour and thirty minutes straight

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeah, I'll give you that some of the jokes were both ill considered and on a 10 year old's edgy level.

the movie works quite well without the riff FWIW.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I don’t remember any homophobic jokes. I do remember them making fun of the terrible reggae song and Jimmy Buffett Margaritavilles

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Next time I watch it I'll note them all down, but for now I can recall stuff called as "gay" not maliciously sounding just internet teenager lingo circa 2002.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The one gay joke I recall is the joke about how gay they want the opening dance number and then going really really gay.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPcXlKBgkas

For all your Rollergator LARP needs

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its name is perfectly accurate

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was catching up on some old riffs that I'd missed the first time around and was watching Merlin: The Return. I thought the kid looked exactly like the kid in the The Sorceror's Apprentice and it turned it was the same kid. And not only that, Rifftrax has now riffed this kid's entire filmography. He's been in The Sorceror's Apprentice, Merlin: The Return, The Fairy King of Ar, The Little Unicorn and Berserker: Hell's Warrior. What a weird sad career.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I love the new Holmes riff.

Edit: Tom Lennon at the 4-minute 8-second mark! I mean, he's kinda slumming it but work is work!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 22, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay what the gently caress was the short Toe Tell/Whose Shoe!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
What the gently caress indeed.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Another Bill posted:

BIM is on the way!

It's true! I saw it once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace" sure is a film, about a man named Sherlock holmes, which has nothing to do with Will Ferrell or John C. Reilly.

So thumbs up? :confuoot: