Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

:words: about Predators

Along with the Aliens toys in the 90s my cousin and I had a bunch of Predator toys. They were really cool. Also a great combination of combining the Aliens and Predator universe when you were 10 years old and doing it before it was cool. :smug: edit: looks like the toys were combined even back then. I didn't remember that.

I remember my cousin and I were in a big hotel, one of the ones that are open on the inside that goes up 20 stories and you could easily just jump over the balcony and kill yourself if you wanted, and we built predator weapons out of Construx. We managed to build a chest harness and a shoulder gun as well as big hand claws. So cool.

These are the tools we used to make ourselves badass predators.

I absolutely have no qualms about talking about anything Predator related in this thread. The Aliens, Predator, and Terminator universes are all at some point related and just happen to be some of the best action movies ever made. Don't be shy.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Anything in the wider Bill Paxton/Lance Henriksen sci-fi universe is acceptable

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This just popped in my head. My parents brought a few boxes over here last year that I never looked at but my mom told me there were some old comics in there. This is what I found.

And here is an insert that you could tear out and make a little standie. Sorry for the blur, but I put them all away already so deal with it.

purple death ray posted:

:hai:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 4, 2019

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also Walt Simonson is a legend and he rules so loving much.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

purple death ray posted:

does Near Dark count

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

skasion posted:

does Near Dark count

I have no idea what that is so I'm gonna have to say no. Sorry homie. I'd like to keep it to the big 3 (or 4 but we already had a Robocop thread).

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Great, now I want a Predator/Hard Target crossover that's never going to happen.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Construx

:worship:

That's all I have to say.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hell Stink posted:

Construx

:worship:

That's all I have to say.

That's the correct response.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sunswipe posted:

Great, now I want a Predator/Hard Target crossover that's never going to happen.

:confused:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This just popped in my head. My parents brought a few boxes over here last year that I never looked at but my mom told me there were some old comics in there. This is what I found.

And here is an insert that you could tear out and make a little standie. Sorry for the blur, but I put them all away already so deal with it.

:hai:

That was an SNES game too.
Not a great one, mind you, but it was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AriR1qWTHig

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Jay_Zombie posted:

That was an SNES game too.
Not a great one, mind you, but it was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AriR1qWTHig

It was also on the Megadrive/Genesis. Very similar to the SNES with many shared assets, but not a direct copy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCY3XM125sQ

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That movie fuckin owns hard, JCVD throwing all kinds of awesome kicks, then blowing fools away with 2 guns.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
It could of been even better because the main villain and Lance Hennrikson had amazing chemistry but JCVD is a primadonna and bad their stroylines axed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember something about that, wasn't the first cut like 2.5 hours?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

It was also on the Megadrive/Genesis. Very similar to the SNES with many shared assets, but not a direct copy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCY3XM125sQ

Neat! I wasn't aware of that version.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Along with the Aliens toys in the 90s my cousin and I had a bunch of Predator toys. They were really cool. Also a great combination of combining the Aliens and Predator universe when you were 10 years old and doing it before it was cool. :smug: edit: looks like the toys were combined even back then. I didn't remember that.

I remember my cousin and I were in a big hotel, one of the ones that are open on the inside that goes up 20 stories and you could easily just jump over the balcony and kill yourself if you wanted, and we built predator weapons out of Construx. We managed to build a chest harness and a shoulder gun as well as big hand claws. So cool.

These are the tools we used to make ourselves badass predators.

I absolutely have no qualms about talking about anything Predator related in this thread. The Aliens, Predator, and Terminator universes are all at some point related and just happen to be some of the best action movies ever made. Don't be shy.

Construx were great. My brother and I used them to make Ninja Turtle weapons.
(they were flimsy as gently caress but they had to suffice during winter till we could get out into the woods in the spring to get wood to make proper imitation katana's, sai's, bo-staffs and nunchuks.)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 are all on IFC today.

:tinfoil:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

When I think of independent arthouse films, I think of the first three Alien movies, produced by little-known production studio 20th Century Fox. :hmmyes:

purple death ray posted:

Did those NECA DC comics vs alien/predator toys ever come out or was that a pr stunt that never had a prayer of existence

Two of the sets (Superman vs Aliens, and Batman vs Predator) are coming out as SDCC exclusive this year, and another set (Batman vs Aliens) is predicated to be a NYCC exclusive.

The sets got delayed repeatedly (and almost canceled) because of action figure licensing rights - different companies can get exclusive rights for action figures at certain scales and will often defend them vehemently. Mattel has the rights to 6” mass market DC Comics figures except for certain specialty cases that are handled in-house by DC’s own DC Collectibles, and Mattel wasn’t thrilled that NECA was stepping on their turf.

Similarly, it’s why all Star Wars and Marvel Funko POPs are bobbleheads - technically Hasbro has the exclusive rights for mass-market figures at that scale, and making them bobbleheads is a loophole.

Her Predator buddy Broken Tusk is hanging out as well - he’s on the far left, one row back.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

When I think of independent arthouse films, I think of the first three Alien movies, produced by little-known production studio 20th Century Fox. :hmmyes:

That's Sundance. IFC has tons of good stuff, lots of action movies, and no censorship. Which is funny because Sundance censors a lot even though they're all about the art.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

That's the fella. The film would play out basically the same as the original until they get to the bayou, where it's very hot for the time of year. Now Fouchon's group aren't the only hunters looking for trophies...

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sunswipe posted:

That's the fella. The film would play out basically the same as the original until they get to the bayou, where it's very hot for the time of year. Now Fouchon's group aren't the only hunters looking for trophies...
Is this a predator crossover or a vivid pictures parody

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Aaagghhh

Inspired by this tread I bought some Alien novels, I finished Earth Hive last week and started on Nightmare Asylum last night. I would spoiler this next bit, but it's still very early in the novel. Nightmare Asylum starts immediately after Earth Hive, where the protagonists are on an old clunky robot ship as stowaways. In the cargo hold they discover 4 humans that were infected, chest burst open. They manage to kill all 4 xenomorphs by the 4th chapter. This is where I stopped for the night.

Being a man of great learning, and also knowing that there's like 30 chapters, I am fully aware of the fact that this isn't over. The first thought that hit my brain was, eggs and facehuggers might come into play, but I'm not sure yet.

Now for the crazy part.

Last night I took 10 mg of melatonin which puts me in a deep sleep accompanied by some wild dreams. I took this 30 min before I wanted to go to sleep which was right in the middle of my read.

The M41A pulse rifle I was carrying was heavy, very heavy. I was responsible for clearing the ship and my comms were down. I could hear fighting taking place on other parts of the ship. Walking down the corridor I could see acid burns still smoking, fresh. With each corner I struggled to bring the rifle up to aim with how heavy it felt. I finally approached the cargo hold door which was blasted open, acid burns present. The cargo hold was huge, filled with crates and equipment. I ran a sweep and after some work I found two eggs, already open. gently caress. I spun around just as one jumped at me, and I barely managed to swing my rifle up to fire. I blasted two of the digits off which changed its trajectory. It barely missed my face but it sprayed me with a few drops of acid as it flew by. I quickly finished it off near a crate. Face burning and vision now blurry I remembered there were two. Where could it be, I've already search everywhere. Not the ceiling. I started to slowly look up. The ceiling of this cargo hold was high, extremely high, and poorly lit. Looking straight up a facehugger dropped. I couldn't raise my heavy rifle quick enough.

End of dream.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That's scary as poo poo and is a wonderful horror movie way to end the dream.

Coincidentally I had sort of a predator dream last night. Bunch of crazy poo poo happened like all of my dreams but at one point I ripped someone's spine out. I think I was in a warehouse or something and there were a bunch of people around. I ripped the spine out, tensed up, then let out an insanely loud 10 second scream. All of the people covered their ears and ducked and then ran.

It was cool.

When I screamed I looked like this. But it was me and I wasn't a predator.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

I ripped someone's spine out.

That's a pretty metal dream. Your subconscious is a badass.

Mine just thinks I have weak arms and constantly reminds me of it. :sweatdrop:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hell Stink posted:

Aaagghhh

Inspired by this tread I bought some Alien novels, I finished Earth Hive last week and started on Nightmare Asylum last night. I would spoiler this next bit, but it's still very early in the novel. Nightmare Asylum starts immediately after Earth Hive, where the protagonists are on an old clunky robot ship as stowaways. In the cargo hold they discover 4 humans that were infected, chest burst open. They manage to kill all 4 xenomorphs by the 4th chapter. This is where I stopped for the night.

Being a man of great learning, and also knowing that there's like 30 chapters, I am fully aware of the fact that this isn't over. The first thought that hit my brain was, eggs and facehuggers might come into play, but I'm not sure yet.

Now for the crazy part.

Last night I took 10 mg of melatonin which puts me in a deep sleep accompanied by some wild dreams. I took this 30 min before I wanted to go to sleep which was right in the middle of my read.

The M41A pulse rifle I was carrying was heavy, very heavy. I was responsible for clearing the ship and my comms were down. I could hear fighting taking place on other parts of the ship. Walking down the corridor I could see acid burns still smoking, fresh. With each corner I struggled to bring the rifle up to aim with how heavy it felt. I finally approached the cargo hold door which was blasted open, acid burns present. The cargo hold was huge, filled with crates and equipment. I ran a sweep and after some work I found two eggs, already open. gently caress. I spun around just as one jumped at me, and I barely managed to swing my rifle up to fire. I blasted two of the digits off which changed its trajectory. It barely missed my face but it sprayed me with a few drops of acid as it flew by. I quickly finished it off near a crate. Face burning and vision now blurry I remembered there were two. Where could it be, I've already search everywhere. Not the ceiling. I started to slowly look up. The ceiling of this cargo hold was high, extremely high, and poorly lit. Looking straight up a facehugger dropped. I couldn't raise my heavy rifle quick enough.

End of dream.
It's gonna suck when you wake up from this fugue state to find yourself all cocooned

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hell Stink posted:

That's a pretty metal dream. Your subconscious is a badass.

Mine just thinks I have weak arms and constantly reminds me of it. :sweatdrop:

Every so often I've lucid dreamed myself into an Aliens scenario. I've done this four times and so far I've had a fantastic, terrifying run through what should be a nightmare every time. I am very grateful to my subconscious that I've woken myself up when the situation has turned irretrievably bad, with dripping jaws pushing into my personal space and not woken myself up screaming.

Oh, and this is why I'm keenly interested in a set of Sulacco deck plans:

Aliens RPG transcript

Ok then ! That was a well-run mission. There's a batch of colonists who'll read the loving fine print in the contracts about labor organizations. It was even a nice, clean deployment ! Now it's back on the ship, back in the tube, and a long sleep home to Gateway.
Lid on the tube comes down, lights go out. Time passes. Lid on the tube comes up.
Give me your best "I love the corps" one-liner for waking up with a pocket full of mission-success bonus money.

Nothing better than waking up & getting my toys out. Oh-rah! I LOVE THE CORPS!

Nobody laughs.

*gives a finger to the waking playoon* Aww screw you guys. Bunch of grumpy rear end in a top hat you are. *gets dressed and ready for breakfast*

Looking around, yours is the only tube open. The chamber is lit by emergency lighting and the consoles on the hypersleep tubes. Which are showing an unusual amount of amber. You're wearing shorts and a tank top that should be burned sooner rather than later.
What do you do ?

*looks around an frowns* Okay that’s weird. I swear if that fuggin synth screwed something up I’ll space 'em myself. *walks over to her locker stripping as she goes & tosses the disposable pajamas into a bin at the foot of the row of lockers*

Locker doesn't open. Code pad is giving you a lovely amber "Access Denied"

*growls an smacks the locker* Swear this thing always sticks. S’why I always carry this. *pulls out an ancient, well used an cared for, Leatherman from a sheathe on her ankle an opens a flat screwdriver head* Now if I remember right Stony said you need to push here.... *mutters an slides it between the lock an frame an begins to gently pry*
((playing as support gunner & squad gunsmith so would have a multitool on at all times))

drat right
That gets the locker open.

*smiles an sheathes the tool back in place* Call me paranoid huh? Prepared is more like it. *reaches into locker to get fresh underwear & BDU’s*

Dressed, equipped with a multitool, and suffering a hypersleep hangover is definitely an improvement over skivvies. multitool, and a hangover
The chamber is dimly lit, still just the e-lights. An unfamiliar vibration from the deck plates suggests you're still in FTL rather than in normal space under thrust.

*yawns an stretches* Ugh. An they say hangovers are worse. The FTL’s are still lit so why the hell am I awake? *wanders to a terminal in the squad bay* Now before coffee let’s see what’s going on. If this is a joke someone is going to get some cosmo in their boots. *taps some keys* Mother. Ship status.

Ship status: 23 days out of Gateway stations
Crew status: hypersleep pods nominal

*frowns* Nominal? Well at least they’re not corpscicles. But also means the synth isn’t active either. Da’fuk....? *types more keys* Mother. Why was my pod activated? Additional query. Why is emergency lighting active?

All pods nominal for hypersleep. Life support variance detected.

*raises eyebrow* Query. Define life support variance. Additional query. Run diagnostics on my pod. *types in usmc serial*

Rise in CO2 level. Temperature shift from nominal for hypersleep conditions. Diagnostic access denied.

*frowns* Helpful as always I see. Okay... Let’s try this. Query. Command override. Corporal Silverfox. Emergency access code A39b@!cenAC. Run diagnostic query on hypersleep pod. Additional query. Locate source of CO2 rise. *finishes typing* Swear if one of you assclowns jimmied my pod you’re on report. That’s not funny

Invalid Code. Access denied.
Voice over the PA
"Mother, you don't need to entertain our guest."
It's the ship's synth.
The terminal powers down.
What do you do ?

Tha hell...?! *yells* I know you can hear me you glorified toaster. Dunno what game you’re playing but it’s not funny. *walks to squad bay door an activates the door mechanism* An when I find you we’re going to review USCM regs an you’re going to help me fix whatever you hosed up

Door doesn't open. Code panel showing amber.

*smirks* You’re going to play that way? This is my ship synth... *kneels an takes out multitool & opens the panel below the door panel & activates the manual bolt release*

"I may be synthetic, but I'm still a person."
Door opens.

*puts panel back in place an wipes off hands on BDU’s as gets up* Remains to be seen. I’ve heard stories & know how Yutani loves to use you guys. *looks down each corridor* An I don’t wish to be your next biological experiment.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've read four of the Alien tie-in books: the original novelization of the movie by Alan Dean Foster, then a couple of the ones in the most recent set of books, Out of the Shadows, Sea of Sorrows, and River of Pain.

The Alien novelization is actually pretty interesting to read, since it's the one book that doesn't really give a poo poo about Ripley. She's important, but just like in the first movie, she's only important because she happens to be the sole survivor. It also gets into some stuff that doesn't come up in the movie canon, as well as using an earlier scrapped design for the Alien that had actual eyes (more like the original Giger art for it, probably.) I think it was worth it, mostly because it's the one book that didn't seem obsessed with movie canon, ironically.

Out of the Shadows was probably my second favorite. Its biggest flaw is that they added Ripley into the plot, and because it's set between Alien and Aliens, she obviously has to make it out unscathed. Aside from that, it's got a bit of the space trucker vibe from Alien, since it's about a mining outpost, and there's some nice bits of alien weirdness that touch on some At the Mountains of Madness stuff, though I wish they'd slowed down and explored that more instead of hurrying through it for a chase scene. Ah well. It's a decent read.

Sea of Sorrows was bad. It starts off with an interesting premise: it's far enough in the future that some people have empathic abilities, and the protagonist is empathic with Xenomorphs, so he gets shipped off to the same planet as Out of the Shadows because the aliens are causing a ruckus again. In the end, he mostly just acts as a radar for aliens and a conduit for a few bland scenes where we find out that the aliens think like angry bugs. There's a preposterous number of character deaths to the point that there's more deaths then there are supposed to be characters. It also constantly pulls the "let's start a chapter with a character you've never met before wandering into the darkness" thing to the point that it just gets boring.

River of Pain was all right, but it's a prequel to Aliens about the colonists on LV-426, which means that when it's over, everything has to be just the way it is at the start of Aliens. I remember it being mostly fine, but not particularly memorable. A lot of civilian-versus-military politics.

I've been meaning to give some of the others a shot, but sadly I haven't had anything that really scratched my itch for something that captures the mood of Alien in book form.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Oh yeah the one thing I enjoyed from Sea of Sorrows was some offhand mention that Weyland-Yutani has been trying to capture a Xenomorph specimen for like, four hundred years at that point, and they've failed every single time despite having functionally infinite resources and owning every corporation ever.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Djeser posted:

There's a preposterous number of character deaths to the point that there's more deaths then there are supposed to be characters.
So Syd Midnight's thing but real

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Looked it up on the wikia to be sure

quote:

Manning's team is repeatedly said to consist of 35 members, yet over the course of the book, 41 individual mercenaries are named, plus at least two more who are never explicitly named.

quote:

When the scientists who flee the dig site first join up with Cho and his group of mercenaries, there are said to be seven of them. Later, when the same group elects to try and climb out of the mine, there are suddenly ten unarmed civilians.

Also this reminded me of the other hilarious plot point from the book: despite the fact that the protagonist is like ten generations removed from Ripley, Weyland-Yutani threatens to sue him for all the damages she caused three hundred years ago in order to coerce him into going

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Djeser posted:

I've been meaning to give some of the others a shot, but sadly I haven't had anything that really scratched my itch for something that captures the mood of Alien in book form.

COLD FORGE COLD FORGE COLD FORGE

...actually, that one doesn't capture the mood of Alien imo, but it is really good

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I'll check it out, since I apparently had some free Kindle credit and I needed to learn how to put Kindle books on my Nook anyway.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Oh man, I love Aliens so drat much.

In the mid-1990s somebody made a Doom mod that re-made everything Alien themed. Way better than most of the later tailored games. They had great animations of all the weapons and the sound effects were sampled from the movie and worked really well. I played the hell out of it in college. Still one of the best games I've ever played.

The Alien board game was badass. I played it at a con in the early 1990s and the GM had all the Colonial Marines minis painted. Fun as hell. I actually have the RPG from the same company. It's OK but doesn't world build very well.

Eaglemoss makes pre-made ship replicas and they've produced both a Sulaco and Nostromo which I own. Both are great. They have some heft to them and display nice. Micro Machines also made a series of Alien vehicles many years ago I have them as well. There was also a Dropship model from NECA that Toys R Us sold. Came with a little APC. I use it to attack my cats.

Also, the Loot crate Nostromo cap is pretty nice. I picked mine up off Ebay. I also have the Diamond Select hat, which is nice. NECA announced a Brett action figure. I do not normally collect figures but he looks great in the promo pics so I'll pick him up. Riiiiiiiight.

Fun Facts:

There are companies making repro USCMC camo from the movie. It was custom made so a few people people have been making replicas.
The APC was based on a Airport luggage cart.
There was supposed to be an entire sub-plot of Ripley and Dallas as lovers making out in a dome on the top of the ship. They would then see Kane's body float by.
The knife in Aliens is a Gerber Mk. II. It was also used in Vietnam and is really rare and pricey on the secondary market.
The Alien soundtrack was nigh impossible to get until 1999. They released it as a bonus track on the DVD and I believe it never had a CD release.
If you want to drink coffee like Dallas the cups are model Tupperware 1312-19 from 1977. I picked up a set at the thrift store.

Pre-internet I remember searching HARD for the novelization of Aliens. For some reason the original movie was easy to find but not the sequel.
One last: my favorite band in the world, Clutch, the front man has been wearing Alien shirts for the last few tours. It's pretty awesome.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
there should be a movie tournament fit to the tastes of this thread. different groups
Movies about the sci-fi Antagonists
  predator alien terminator thing
Movies about the sci-fi Protagonist
  robocop ... ... ...
Movies about the sci-fi Worlds
  total recall ... ... ...
Movies about the sci-fi Something
  ... ... ... ...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

there should be a movie tournament fit to the tastes of this thread. different groups
  robocop ... ... ...
  total recall ... ... ...
  ... ... ... ...

you know you can make your own thread, right?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this thread didnt actually make it 55 pages talking about 1 movie. plus that isnt really enough for its own thread. plus its entire target audience is already itt

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
Just dropping in to say Bill Paxton was killed by Alien, Predator and Terminator. Love watching him die. The neck snap in the corvette in True Lies (where Arnie kills him again) is my favorite.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gary oldmans diary posted:

robocop ... ... ...
  total recall ... ... ...
starship troopers

I was going to make a thread about that a while back, but this one is far... far more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Burning Beard posted:

Eaglemoss makes pre-made ship replicas and they've produced both a Sulaco and Nostromo which I own. Both are great. They have some heft to them and display nice. Micro Machines also made a series of Alien vehicles many years ago I have them as well. There was also a Dropship model from NECA that Toys R Us sold. Came with a little APC. I use it to attack my cats.
I just got the Eaglemoss figurines of the old-school Kenner Snake Alien and Mantis Alien, the Mantis Alien's arm came snapped off in the box. Whoops!

I've got 3 of the 4 Micro Machines Action Fleet vehicles, they're really cool and pretty hard to come by since they never saw a full retail release. I'll try to post up some photos later.

Burning Beard posted:

The APC was based on a Airport luggage cart.
Not a luggage cart, it's an aircraft towing vehicle. :eng101:

Also, the APC is literally bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, because the interior of the APC is a separate set and wouldn't be able to fit inside the vehicle we see. :v:
When the Marines board the APC you can see they have to duck their heads down to get onboard, but once inside they can stand at full height.