Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I don't like the villain alliance's ideals but I like the Ron Paul army even less. I just hope Spinner gets out of this without compromising his justice and joins Gentile Criminal in forming a team of justice villain NEETs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Andrast posted:

On the other hand, gently caress them

Hate the bougie CEO masters manipulating the proles and their desire for better lives, comrade.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

"Do you believe in liberty?"

"Yes!"

"Do you believe that the current laws on Quirk usage are stupid and get people killed?"

"Yes!"

"Do you want to live in a society where those laws don't apply?"

"Yes!"

"Do you want to be the front line fodder we throw at a gang of teenage serial killers to make a point?"

"Ye-wait, hold on what -"

*gets incinerated by Dabi*

they pretty clearly know what they're doing here. the fodder also tried to kill toga. being nameless mooks doesn't automatically mean they were roped into this without knowing what was up

you're inventing back story for the mobs where there isn't any. they're just generic bad guys that are supposed to be bad enough that the audience is ok with the league killing them

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ice dude is pretty ludicrous and is basically stronger than all heroes who aren't named All Might.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Compress has a cool design and a cool quirk. So he's pretty alright.

He's probably the league member that needs the most fleshing out though, but I wouldn't be too bummed if he doesn't get any big focus this arc. You don't want to get too bogged down in fights.

the ski mask under the mask that he never takes off creeps me out for some reason, he was really chill with bakugou in the hideout but he also drat near killed sandman himself with dabi just finishing him off

a shame gigantomachia up means that this arc is gonna be over soon

Ytlaya posted:

Ice dude is pretty ludicrous and is basically stronger than all heroes who aren't named All Might.

i was wondering what was going on with him if dabi wasnt getting fleshed out until he went into the water lines and became iceman out of nowhere? why would the liberation army even need to do this when they could get bobby to jump endeavour and kill the number one hero right there?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

i was wondering what was going on with him if dabi wasnt getting fleshed out until he went into the water lines and became iceman out of nowhere? why would the liberation army even need to do this when they could get bobby to jump endeavour and kill the number one hero right there?

1) The Liberation Army wants to be seen as The Heroes, popular and beloved. Killing the Number 1 hero makes them the baddies. Killing villains doesn't.

2) Endeavor could probably still win. Iceman's powerful, but Endeavor could just plasma spike him for a quick kill.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Edit: Yeah that ^

drjuggalo posted:

I think the Liberation Army plan is more insidious than just naked terrorism. They could just ice (heh) Endeavor but it would just turn people against them. It's interesting to see bad guys going for a hearts and minds thing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kanos posted:

They're just people who want society reformed who are being manipulated by a cadre of CEOs who see them as acceptable losses.

...so they're libertarians

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Maybe not exactly what you were looking for, but he does have a page on his site with direct links to all his trivia twitter threads if you wanted to read em chapter by chapter

https://calebdcook.com/readers-companions/

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair Curious was right out there on the front lines and died too even if ReDestro didn't think it was a great idea. They're generally putting their money where their mouth is.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Eej posted:

...so they're libertarians

Yeah for real, people who (sometimes correctly even) realize that there's a problem in the way society handles things, but come up with a radically wrong solution focused on letting power rise to the top and also failing to realize that they are almost definitely not the powerful ones who will actually rise to the top but instead faceless grunts who will be sacrificed on the front lines..

That's libertarians baby

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Manatee Cannon posted:

they pretty clearly know what they're doing here. the fodder also tried to kill toga. being nameless mooks doesn't automatically mean they were roped into this without knowing what was up

you're inventing back story for the mobs where there isn't any. they're just generic bad guys that are supposed to be bad enough that the audience is ok with the league killing them

Considering there are mind reading and manipulation quirks, it wouldn't be out of the way to think a lot of these people were brainwashed in some manner. Either by traditional culty means or through direct quirk use. You know, with the whole surgery poo poo, I don't think even goons are typically that loyal to a cause.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I just want to watch the VA go ham on some mooks, I will dehumanise them for days if that's what it takes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I don't think are supposed to think much about some random cannon fodder

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The real funny outcome of this is going to be that when this is over, as stated upthread, the outcome is going to appear to the rest of the world as "the Villain Alliance walked into a town and violently murdered every man, woman, and child there for seemingly no reason whatsoever".

At that point their threat level is less "dangerous criminal" and more "we should probably roll out the loving military and kill these people on sight because they're too dangerous".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kanos posted:

The real funny outcome of this is going to be that when this is over, as stated upthread, the outcome is going to appear to the rest of the world as "the Villain Alliance walked into a town and violently murdered every man, woman, and child there for seemingly no reason whatsoever".

At that point their threat level is less "dangerous criminal" and more "we should probably roll out the loving military and kill these people on sight because they're too dangerous".

also at which point shigaraki's going to have gigantomachia and ujiko's full resources at his disposal

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So my question is how do you set up the inevitable final battle?

Do the high-specs get dispatched one at a time for various arcs idiotically and get beaten so we can get a smaller final battle? Does Ujiko teleport the kids to his funhouse and we get the whole "everyone gets thrown into a team against their opposite numbers" thing? Does the VA just march on UA with everyone? You have to contrive a reason for everyone to be in one place.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shigaraki seems very interested in making more of those quirk erasing bullets, which has me thinking/worried that he's going to try assaulting UA in order to kidnap Eri.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

Shigaraki seems very interested in making more of those quirk erasing bullets, which has me thinking/worried that he's going to try assaulting UA in order to kidnap Eri.
I kinda have a feeling that Ujiko may actually be able to replicate them without her. He's way, way, way beyond Overhaul.

Eri has some big role to play. I kinda hope her grandpa doesn't get fixed (the plot conveniently "forgets" about him being in an Overhaul-induced coma) and take her back at the end because uh, he was criminal too. He ran the loving Yakuza family before Overhaul even if he maybe wasn't a total psychopath. Or her mother who abandoned her. Her character arc almost certainly ends with her either losing her quirk so she can have a normal life or her mastering it to do something- which I'm betting hard is rewinding a dead main cast member back to life after a manipulative stinger page or chapter where they die. Wouldn't shock me if it was Midoriya or Mirio. Wouldn't shock me if Aizawa got perma-dequirked because his quirk basically completely destroys most fights.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 6, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Considering there are mind reading and manipulation quirks, it wouldn't be out of the way to think a lot of these people were brainwashed in some manner. Either by traditional culty means or through direct quirk use. You know, with the whole surgery poo poo, I don't think even goons are typically that loyal to a cause.

didnt re-destro brag about how everyone in the town was training up and acting like normal townsmen just to mush the villains and pull this poo poo? like way back at the start of the arc? with how re-destro's association seems i think they all really co-sign it more than destro himself

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I kinda have a feeling that Ujiko may actually be able to replicate them without her. He's way, way, way beyond Overhaul.

Eri has some big role to play. I kinda hope her grandpa doesn't get fixed (the plot conveniently "forgets" about him being in an Overhaul-induced coma) and take her back at the end because uh, he was criminal too. He ran the loving Yakuza family before Overhaul even if he maybe wasn't a total psychopath. Or her mother who abandoned her. Her character arc almost certainly ends with her either losing her quirk so she can have a normal life or her mastering it to do something- which I'm betting hard is rewinding a dead main cast member back to life after a manipulative stinger page or chapter where they die. Wouldn't shock me if it was Midoriya or Mirio. Wouldn't shock me if Aizawa got perma-dequirked because his quirk basically completely destroys most fights.

It's going to end with Aizawa adopting Eri and she's going to live with a happy family along with her big brothers Deku and Lemillion. :colbert:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

He was Yakuza, but he wasn't a criminal. His whole deal was that the Yakuza could only survive if they kept things legal and on the up-and-up.

As for replicating the bullets, I doubt it would happen that soon. The VA have too many now for that. If they were down to one bullet, then they'd be in need, but with multiple, they can have a few shots raising the stakes, only maybe raising the stakes with all the ones they could want in the last act. Giving them those now means much less room to increase in threat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

drjuggalo posted:

didnt re-destro brag about how everyone in the town was training up and acting like normal townsmen just to mush the villains and pull this poo poo? like way back at the start of the arc? with how re-destro's association seems i think they all really co-sign it more than destro himself

Re-Destro also murdered one of his employees for expressing any sort of negative opinion about the Meta Liberation Army. I don't think all of them are entirety in on it and I do think it would be easy enough for there to be something of a cult mentality going on with in the organization. Especially since the top of the organization is literal evil CEOs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/231/page/1

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Looks like this Twice, ain't nice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That "Your punchlines have no punch" line is gold. :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that despite everything Spinner has found himself protecting Shigaraki and backing him up.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Twice is a very good evil friend.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, Best Jeanist just can't catch a break.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love how the series is fully aware of how insanely overpowered infinite multiplication is. No one is attempting to say otherwise, with even Shigaraki surprised at the sheer power Twice has. I'm not even sure why they're bothering with the plan anymore honestly, just let Twice take care of Gigantomachia. Shigaraki can get the last blow to tame him, Twice is perfectly fine with just helping his friend and making more friends because he's incredibly nice for someone that's, you know, evil.

Also these look so good. I want them.
https://twitter.com/bp_zoukei/status/1136635237750829056

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mangastream edition: https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/231/5919/1

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I love how the series is fully aware of how insanely overpowered infinite multiplication is. No one is attempting to say otherwise, with even Shigaraki surprised at the sheer power Twice has. I'm not even sure why they're bothering with the plan anymore honestly, just let Twice take care of Gigantomachia. Shigaraki can get the last blow to tame him, Twice is perfectly fine with just helping his friend and making more friends because he's incredibly nice for someone that's, you know, evil.

Also these look so good. I want them.
https://twitter.com/bp_zoukei/status/1136635237750829056

With everyone talking about how insanely overpowered Twice is, it has me worried he might not live that much longer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Twice's clones go down in a single good hit so anyone with a solid AOE can pretty much dust his clone army. Gigantomachia for example could pretty much just wave his arm and make them disappear.

Basically a Twice army is a wave of normal humans who can multiply- they don't shoot fire or ice or lasers from their eyes or anything. Like any of the todorokis probably wouldn't have much trouble with a wave of Twice clones.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The problem with Twice is if you don't take out all of his clone army in a couple of AoE attacks he can just expand again. The other problem with Twice is he can sacrifice some of his growth potential and make a linearly growing army of literally anyone else he knows well enough. Like, say, Gigantomachia once this arc is over.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Rhonne posted:

What was the deal with hawks again? Wasn't he undercover to bust up the league? Or did he really turn?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Twice's clones go down in a single good hit so anyone with a solid AOE can pretty much dust his clone army. Gigantomachia for example could pretty much just wave his arm and make them disappear.

Basically a Twice army is a wave of normal humans who can multiply- they don't shoot fire or ice or lasers from their eyes or anything. Like any of the todorokis probably wouldn't have much trouble with a wave of Twice clones.

Until the 100 Twice's each pop out a Dabi and burn the whole place down.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

What was the deal with hawks again? Wasn't he undercover to bust up the league? Or did he really turn?

he's undercover, just dedicated to the role, which along with his high opinion of Endeavor is probably going make things nasty when Dabi's history finally comes out

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The problem with Twice is if you don't take out all of his clone army in a couple of AoE attacks he can just expand again. The other problem with Twice is he can sacrifice some of his growth potential and make a linearly growing army of literally anyone else he knows well enough. Like, say, Gigantomachia once this arc is over.

that has a good chance of backfiring though, twice's biggest weakness is how insanely unstable he is

all the clones have their own will so he's only effective while they all share the same purpose/feelings

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Yinlock posted:

that has a good chance of backfiring though, twice's biggest weakness is how insanely unstable he is

all the clones have their own will so he's only effective while they all share the same purpose/feelings

Yeah, the main thing that limits his power is the copies he makes all have a will of their own, so he can't copy anyone that isn't sympathetic to him and is beholden to all their idiosyncrasies multiplied over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Rhonne posted:

Dude lost AN ENTIRE LUNG. Even All Might's were just "damaged".