Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
polnareff got a notif that someone had plugged the death mask.png into reverse google search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
drat, I didn't even think of that. And here I thought Abbacchio was useful back there. I mean sure, technically he was, but I thought that maybe Giorno would turn the stone into a face or some bullshit, which will lead to something.

A bit of a shame we got only 2 openings for this part. Not because second one is bad, but for much sillier reason. I'm a bit worried they won't do their now traditional change during final episodes in the opening. I loved those things in both Greater Days and The End of The World. Here, I can't even imagine what it would look like, since half the opening is just past battles, has one shot of Doppio, and doesn't even get to Cioccolata.

Actually, I remember people saying that it spoiled a lot, and honestly, I didn't see much. Trish's stand, Doppio... I can't even remember if there was much more. I feel like it seems spoilery to people who know what's gonna happen, and otherwise it's kinda hard to understand the meaning behind all the visuals. Reminds me of some Japanese vdeo game intros, like Silent Hill. To be fair, there is one more thing that becomes clearer after last few episodes: (spoilered in case I'm right) I'm pretty sure Giorno is going to stab himself with the arrow If I'm right, wonder what the gently caress's gonna happen.

Edit: also I really hope they will explain why the boss is so drat important that Polnareff showed up. If it's because stand is just too dangerous, how did he even know about a mysterious person who erases time?

Vookatos fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 6, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

yeah actually they will posted:

polnareff only called them because they had the lead on the boss

Expect My Mom posted:

polnareff got a notif that someone had plugged the death mask.png into reverse google search

Oh, that's right. :downs:

I'm kind of curious if Polnareff would've helped the assassination team if they were the ones to have gotten that information.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
DP will somehow mess with the opening. King Crimson just works to skip it down to 60 seconds at intervals or something.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Polnareff arrived to warn them to not fight the boss in a bathroom.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Polnareff arrived to warn them to not fight the boss in a bathroom.

Narancia: "gently caress, i could have told you that"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's a shame that this part has Polnareff, but he's not included in the fights that involved a bathroom or a mirror.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's a shame that this part has Polnareff, but he's not included in the fights that involved a bathroom or a mirror.

A whole episode of Polnareff arguing with Illuso about how his power works.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

next episode:

polnareff: hello assorted twinklords, i've called you here for oh poo poo

chrome toilet: ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > JoJo's Bizarre Anime: hello assorted twinklords

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Preview image for this week's episode

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

overmind2000 posted:

Preview image for this week's episode

Pick up the goddamn phone already!

I loving hate it when people just sit there and let it ring. :mad:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiZTI97rDU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, that's right. :downs:

I'm kind of curious if Polnareff would've helped the assassination team if they were the ones to have gotten that information.

The most frustrating thing to me is that the Assassins and Bruno's Bois didn't work together. But I get why they didn't.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kakyoin is bullied, even in death.

TheKingslayer posted:

The most frustrating thing to me is that the Assassins and Bruno's Bois didn't work together. But I get why they didn't.

There was that sick team-up between Risotto and Narancia that lasted for five seconds.

But yeah, it is a bit of a shame we don't have Risotto and Bruno's group form an uneasy alliance to accomplish their somewhat similar goals in exchange for Risotto leaving Trish alone. For now.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
for the hundredth time, Illuso most likely did not have his Stand in 1989 so Kakyoin's statement at the time was accurate

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Once Formaggio died any chance of Alliance was gone. Risotto would not have worked with them, cause their would have been too much bad blood.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I love the boss reveal, because you just get to see Doppio walk up the stairs MENACINGly while undressing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Glagha posted:

I love the boss reveal, because you just get to see Doppio walk up the stairs MENACINGly while undressing.

I appreciate that he waited until he was in stopped time to take his sweater off and let his hair down, that's some serious dedication to remaining hidden

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

overmind2000 posted:

I appreciate that he waited until he was in stopped time to take his sweater off and let his hair down, that's some serious dedication to remaining hidden

I feel like his attempt to seduce/intimidate (seducidate? Intimiduce?) would have gone over better if he hadn't though. Gotta see it happen to appreciate the magic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was so good.

And the way they're doing King Crimson now Diavolo is revealed is real nice.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

What is he wearing under that anyway? Some kind of mesh shirt? Or are those tattoos? I feel like the same question was asked about Bucciarati earlier.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Glagha posted:

What is he wearing under that anyway? Some kind of mesh shirt? Or are those tattoos? I feel like the same question was asked about Bucciarati earlier.

He has tattoos on his arms, the rest is a mesh non-shirt

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's wearing Araki's "don't worry about it" range.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doesn't Diavolo have a completely different hairstyle from his silhouette?

Also, it's kind of funny that our first glimpse of him is his body in this suit, and then when we actually see him he's half-naked.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah the shadowy boss silhouettes before his actual reveal look NOTHING like him. He's way more pretty and jojo-y.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Polnareff really needs to learn to stay off stairs when he's around time manipulating villains.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Darko posted:

Polnareff really needs to learn to stay off stairs when he's around time manipulating villains.
This time he had the high ground though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Glagha posted:

Yeah the shadowy boss silhouettes before his actual reveal look NOTHING like him. He's way more pretty and jojo-y.

he probably had his hair tied back, to be fair

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I appreciate Diavolo's dedication to style despite his extreme efforts to make sure no one ever sees him or knows who he is.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I did find this art of Diavolo in his suit, though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Glagha posted:

I appreciate Diavolo's dedication to style despite his extreme efforts to make sure no one ever sees him or knows who he is.
Trying to be inconspicuous while looking like a member from an 80's glam rock band.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
diavolo is really hot

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Trying to be inconspicuous while looking like a member from an 80's glam rock band.
Diavolo knows it’s not what other people think about your outfit, but what you think about your outfit.

Well, not exactly, because if anyone else knows enough to make a judgment, he’s got to give them a knuckle sandwich straight through their stomach.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

:thunk:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Glagha posted:

The anime changed it so he has his hair tied back in a ponytail if you go back and look carefully.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Several of Diavolo's appearance in Silhouette show that he has his hair in a braid.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Darko posted:

He faced God, who was at the top of the stairs, and the Devil at the bottom of the stairs

`

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
All Star Battle had a costume for Diavolo that gave him a suit and casted him in silhouette, and it looked really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Did Mista forget what a wall was for a moment there? Just caressing that wall like he discovered a new monument on the moon