Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
And before arguing with me about that keep in mind I have more information about this situation than most posters ITT do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

I have the most pertinent information:

game ded

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Glad Tunicate could share the Dark Drakerz with us

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
It is a shame about the second Barkley, but Barkley the third was great and I look forward to seeing more in 2023.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Every morning I wake up and refresh Dwarfnet for exclusive updates on Barkley 2

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Cuntellectual posted:

I genuinely am awestruck that there are people in this thread still talking like a version of this game coming out is still a real possibility.
holy poo poo, dude.
A couple of the creators, in this thread, talked about possibly working on it if Bhroom wasn't in the picture anymore. I was trying to ask if they would be interested in coming back, in that situation. That's all I meant to ask clarification about.
Like a page later I said that the best thing would be an asset dump. I really want the developers to move on if that's what they want to do, which is what I was trying to ask about

Raiad posted:

gonna gather a hoard of game-obsessed psychopaths to force someone to release their legal obligation over a game and then kidnap the original designers to build a game that died long ago
You mock the Power of Gamers? Here? Unbelievable...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I replayed barkley 1 in the wake of all this and the best part of the game is still just the title screen and accompanying music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

insanely epic when it starts up when you turn down shadow barkley's offer to join him.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 7, 2019

Natrox
Dec 2, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKQiZVBtu4

insanely epic when it starts up when you turn down shadow barkley's offer to join him.

I like the T-Rex Barkley boss theme a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoATtrwzRE4

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Natrox posted:

I like the T-Rex Barkley boss theme a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoATtrwzRE4

My favorite is Chup but they took it off Youtube. It's the one that plays in the mines and sounds like Surfer Girl.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Well the demo is likely to come out and most of the devs want to finish it (but don't think that's possible because of Liam)

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Gortarius posted:

I don't want to see this piece of poo poo game ever again in my life.

Hiratio posted:

The game has perpetually been 2 years away from completion for as long as I can remember, and there has been no will to fix this.

Bisse posted:

It was such a relief to get closure and just close the door on Barkley 2, but now this lunatic seems to be trying to force the loving door open again.

And so on.

I can't speak for any of the devs, but if I were them I'd be slack jawed with disbelief at the number of people who have read posts like this and thought "The promise has been made..."

It must be discouraging to come back and see that this ball and chain will apparently follow them to the grave.

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

And before arguing with me about that keep in mind I have more information about this situation than most posters ITT do

I'm sorry and not to be rude, but how are you related to this? I understand if you don't want to say too much, given the mess that this is, but we seem to be at a point where anyone can just say they have inside info, especially given that we know there were a bunch of contracted people working on this project.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

My favorite is Chup but they took it off Youtube. It's the one that plays in the mines and sounds like Surfer Girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPbrT3Nr-M

It was a good jam.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stabbatical posted:

I'm sorry and not to be rude, but how are you related to this? I understand if you don't want to say too much, given the mess that this is, but we seem to be at a point where anyone can just say they have inside info, especially given that we know there were a bunch of contracted people working on this project.

Peripheral involvement. I didn't work on the game but I know some of the people who did

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cuntellectual posted:

but you see, I want it and that means they must want it too

Peripheral involvement. I didn't work on the game but I know some of the people who did
you said that embarrassing fakepost earlier was actually bort's wife so that's a big doubt from me dude

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jtt is the 2nd best part of the game, the kind of song that gets you doing action commands in time with it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what is a chup

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's good for the glaucomas

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

Fair enough, thanks for the response. I guess it has to be a take it on faith kind of thing. That's the internet for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Evil Eagle posted:

jtt is the 2nd best part of the game, the kind of song that gets you doing action commands in time with it

Honestly, this could've been in a number of actual JRPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNR90YUumiY

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I understand why people want to believe in some kind of happy ending for all of this and that there are no hard feelings but uh there are definitely already hard feelings.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

true has hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n785svhwonM

Cuntellectual posted:

And so on.

it sucks the gun's stuff became the focus because replaying the first game they definitely should've gone with a paper mario/mario rpg kind of game. and that's coming from a guy that loathes jrpgs and has only played two to completion (pokemon blue and barkley).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 7, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So... Even if you are telling the truth... You don't have any insight into the situation.

Sorry but until a dev actually confirms you know what you're talking about I don't believe you.

Also this

IronicDongz posted:

you said that embarrassing fakepost earlier was actually bort's wife so that's a big doubt from me dude

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I mean they would rather it be dead and buried than in a half-there dev hell, but they'd like to actually finish it even more.

yeah i dunno bout this one my dude

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey All, just spoke with Charles Barkley, he's bankrolling this game and also going to personally upgrade the project from game maker to unity

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Barkley 1 was what set off the popularity of dark synth in the 2010's. This is canon

Natrox
Dec 2, 2013
Charles Barkley is my uncle. He works at Nintendo.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

mp5 posted:

yeah i dunno bout this one my dude

as punishment for taking 5 of my hard-earned american dollars 7 years ago without providing the promised service in exchange i hereby curse all past, present, and future members of the barkley 2 project to be trapped forever in a horrible development purgatory where they will toil for eternity, them and their creation both being neither living nor dead

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brkaley

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQIOhwl1IgM

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Tunicate posted:

I compiled the demo and am hosting it here, gently caress the police.

Six years ago I was promised a game. I have now been given a game.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

While you were shitposting I was studying the art of Barkley 2 Development.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The promise has been kept...and may Clisapeth have mercy on your souls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Anyone get the Dark Draker Extermination achievement? I think it's well beyond my gaming skill

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

How do we still not know who is responsible for the Dark Drakerz

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Space Jam mmorpg plz

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

holy moley

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cock hero flux posted:

as punishment for taking 5 of my hard-earned american dollars 7 years ago without providing the promised service in exchange i hereby curse all past, present, and future members of the barkley 2 project to be trapped forever in a horrible development purgatory where they will toil for eternity, them and their creation both being neither living nor dead

I missed out on the kickstarter but of my coworkers has the bodypillow

It's solid

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone get the Dark Draker Extermination achievement? I think it's well beyond my gaming skill

I talked to one in the area where theres like 50 of them and it made me sit through 17 consecutive speeches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Stabbatical posted:

Fair enough, thanks for the response. I guess it has to be a take it on faith kind of thing. That's the internet for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, this could've been in a number of actual JRPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNR90YUumiY

Is there any place to download the soundtrack to Barkley 1 still?