Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Ocean Book posted:

bran chapters are good before everyone leaves winterfell, so like 2

He's seven when the books start. You're more like a puppy than a person at that age, how could he even really have interesting chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pseudanonymous posted:

He's seven when the books start. You're more like a puppy than a person at that age, how could he even really have interesting chapters.

They're interesting if you like people who really like climbing things, if it's like the show

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Randarkman posted:

Not saying that the Templars weren't gay (everyone everywhere was gay) but I wouldn't put much stock in anythign in those trials representing anything close to reality. Those kinds of accusations and trials revolving around prohibited worship, sexual deviancy, and all that crap, were pretty much Phillip the Fair's modus operandi whenever he was going to take someone down because he wanted their poo poo and no one could really stop him, he did the same thing against at least one pope, an archbishop and I think several unruly vassals.

Having read a few weighty tomes on the subject at one point, I would say there's a lot of academic debate on the veracity of the accusations, mostly because of the sheer volume of testimonies that have come down to us. So you get people who think that the Templars did spit on the cross, but as part of some hazing ritual that simulated capture, or that they didn't worship Baphomet (Mahomet) but had integrated Islamic ideas, and so on. But here is a concise overview on the subject of buggery for interested parties.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mameluke posted:

Reading four thousand pages of bad man unfinished books taught me that Strong Belwas is known for only one thing, and that's having a poop and exhibitionism fetish

The man is a shitposting legend.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

We are strong belwas minus the strong

Speak for yourself. I've carried SO many printers around to girls houses. Does wonders for your forearms.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Concise Overview on the Subject of Buggery should be the title of something. The thread or a metal album or something.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
All this talk of the Templars, anyone been watching Knightfall? It so bad wants to be the next Game of Thrones (but without dragons or zombies, boo/yay).

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Sounds like it could be good. How's the writing/acting/all that good poo poo?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I never watched dexter or sopranos or other shows with notorious endings. How does this awful poo poo compare

The GoT ending was just stupid and predictable, loaded with spectacle and characters acting inside their plotted arcs, even if, for most of them, it meant regressing right back to the start or skipping ahead to the end without any of the buildup. It's fun to poo poo on because of how disappointing it was compared to its earliest seasons, but its greatest crime is that of being dull.

Dexter's ending lives on in infamy, because the show had cannoned right through dull and predictable and entered some kind of nigh-uncharted territory on the other side. The central character of the last season was a psychologist whose entire character was lifted from the autism advocacy movement, talking about how the neuro-atypical aren't people we need to ostracize or "cure," but instead accept them into polite society as they provide a different and beautiful perspective on the world whose loss would benefit no one. Except instead of autists, she advocated for serial killers. It's revealed that she's the psychologist who treated Dexter as a child and turned him into a serial killer, on the grounds that with his childhood trauma, there was no scenario in which he wouldn't grow up to murder people, so you might as well turn him into a responsible mass murderer.

D&D shat out the lowest-effort turd they could while high on their own farts and coke or whatever the en vogue writers' room drug of choice is these days, but the Dexter people went somewhere amazing, and I think people are underselling it when they only ever talk about the last 20 minutes of the show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished up season 1 again. That was a weird season finale. Lots of cutaways to random scenes of T&A which I appreciate, but I could do without watching Roz wipe Pycelle's stink dick out of her cooch and then see Pycelle hang dong.

Littlefinger managed to comment on Varys lacking any balls in a manner that was almost poetic. Varys's gash indeed.

And now Dany gets to walk across a desert for several episodes to get to the land of bad Arabian nights knockoffs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The GoT ending was just stupid and predictable, loaded with spectacle and characters acting inside their plotted arcs, even if, for most of them, it meant regressing right back to the start or skipping ahead to the end without any of the buildup. It's fun to poo poo on because of how disappointing it was compared to its earliest seasons, but its greatest crime is that of being dull.

Dexter's ending lives on in infamy, because the show had cannoned right through dull and predictable and entered some kind of nigh-uncharted territory on the other side. The central character of the last season was a psychologist whose entire character was lifted from the autism advocacy movement, talking about how the neuro-atypical aren't people we need to ostracize or "cure," but instead accept them into polite society as they provide a different and beautiful perspective on the world whose loss would benefit no one. Except instead of autists, she advocated for serial killers. It's revealed that she's the psychologist who treated Dexter as a child and turned him into a serial killer, on the grounds that with his childhood trauma, there was no scenario in which he wouldn't grow up to murder people, so you might as well turn him into a responsible mass murderer.

D&D shat out the lowest-effort turd they could while high on their own farts and coke or whatever the en vogue writers' room drug of choice is these days, but the Dexter people went somewhere amazing, and I think people are underselling it when they only ever talk about the last 20 minutes of the show.

Dexter did only decide not to be a 90s comic book antihero because the outfit was impractical.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
so subtle

this shot deserves an award, much wow, good doggo, etc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That shot was the one thing in the series that made me give an audible reaction - not Ned's execution, not the Red Wedding, that shot. Unfortunately the reaction was a snort of laughter and "oh my God, really?"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Captain Hygiene posted:

That shot was the one thing in the series that made me give an audible reaction - not Ned's execution, not the Red Wedding, that shot. Unfortunately the reaction was a snort of laughter and "oh my God, really?"

Same, except for Arya giving the Night King the ol' righty-lefty shank and killing the entire zombie army.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Same, except for Arya giving the Night King the ol' righty-lefty shank and killing the entire zombie army.

Same, except when he burst into a Big Gulp full of ice cubes when he got stabbed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That just got the dreaded silent :rolleyes: of definitively realizing that any interest I had in the remainder of the show's conclusion would never be paid off.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Mameluke posted:

Reading four thousand pages of bad man unfinished books taught me that Strong Belwas is known for only one thing, and that's having a poop and exhibitionism fetish

He can also pound honeyed locusts like no other. The Joey Chestnut of Essos.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That poo poo was so loving lame, I'm actually glad the internet spoiled it for me, if I had watched live I would have frowned very hard

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

remember when the dragon melted the iron throne instead of jon snow, after genociding an entire town the day before, because ~*symbolism*~

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can't melt Jon Snow, despite his name he is quite immune to fire.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Drogon, like the rest of the actors, played his last scene with flat contempt for the script.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I don't care what the writers wanted, that dragon burnt that throne because he saw the knife stuck in his mom and decided it was the chair full of knives that killed her. The writers be damned, whoever first typed that made the real game of thrones story and I accept it as such for all conversations. After all the dragon can't read minds, it wasn't there to observe Jon do it, and it's always been pitbill-intelligence not Smaug-from-The-Hobbit-intelligence.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I don't care what the writers wanted, that dragon burnt that throne because he saw the knife stuck in his mom and decided it was the chair full of knives that killed her. The writers be damned, whoever first typed that made the real game of thrones story and I accept it as such for all conversations. After all the dragon can't read minds, it wasn't there to observe Jon do it, and it's always been pitbill-intelligence not Smaug-from-The-Hobbit-intelligence.

*stares, breathing heavily with mouth slightly open*

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

My reactions were "hell yes slay nazi kween" and "ugh she is gonna die in like 2 scenes"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

feller
Jul 5, 2006

boy that's a messy desk

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

bradzilla posted:

remember when the dragon melted the iron throne instead of jon snow, after genociding an entire town the day before, because ~*symbolism*~

he knew jon snow

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

When's this picture from? 2006?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

he knew jon snow

How can one know that which knows nothing?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dumb Lowtax posted:

:yeah:

It could maybe explain why they lingered in the scene where the dragon stared at them making out at the cave or whatever. But really no I have no idea why we the audience just stared at the dragon right after their dialogue about their relationship. It goes loving no where! We don't know.

We had so many characters die to poochie syndrome.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

bradzilla posted:

drogon is the direct reincarnation of balerion the black dread and probably has past life dragon dreams about making the iron throne.

it's the kind of thing that's easier to sell in say, a book where you can establish poo poo like that subtly over time. and not filmed without context because it was in the outline the fat man gave you and you didn't think to ask why, because themes are for 8th grade book reports.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I liked this Bronn of Thrones series.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Is he using xywrite?!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I believe he uses WordStar

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Stefan Prodan posted:

I believe he uses WordStar

My dude’s gotta spend less time watching street fights and more time writing books

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Drunken Baker posted:

Sounds like it could be good. How's the writing/acting/all that good poo poo?

Decent enough, starts OK, gets better. Definitely benefits from being broadcast around the same time as GoT

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Yes, this is clearly the correct answer. Jon was her mate, why would Jon kill her?

The dragons being dumb animals may also explain why unmanned dragons get one-shotted, while a ridden dragon can dodge all day long. These are apex predators who didn't have an adult dragon show them how to dragon. Nothing has ever hurt them, so they fly around completely oblivious to danger. As a teenager Dany is also pretty oblivious and never bothered with any kind of combat drills for the dragons, but she is capable of recognising some types of danger the dragons aren't smart enough to put together, like ballistas.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why would even a dog assume the chair off in the distance killed his mom

The dragon killed the chair because the writers are morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

There is just no defending the logic of the throne burning scene. There is no context in the story to explain it, it simply happens.