Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Are you in luck motherfucker! There's actually a tank nearly identical to the KV-2 released for Epic Armageddon - the Ragnarok.

So grab a couple of these and some 28mm french WWI infantry, call it a Deathkorps of Krieg detachment and play WH40K at like 1/3 the price.

It's Christmas in June and you are my Santa :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Are you in luck motherfucker! There's actually a tank nearly identical to the KV-2 released for Epic Armageddon - the Ragnarok.

So grab a couple of these and some 28mm french WWI infantry, call it a Deathkorps of Krieg detachment and play WH40K at like 1/3 the price.

This gave me the idea for a Hind D Space Ork conversion

luckily for me I ditched this hobby 15 years ago, though

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Improbable Lobster posted:

The rules apparently got rewritten from the ground up since then

Not even close to ground up. But reasonably re-written.....

And then new fascinating bullshit rules introduced as a result! Simplified leadership system could have been a way to keep hordes under control, but then they added a million exceptions so it does nothing, strategems grew out of control and so many are overpowered, still a lack of balancing points where required, knights are apparently balanced in a way that's anti-fun in casual, and it still isn't the best tactical game. Improvements, but I'm not sure why you'd play it over the alternatives out there.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wrong thread, there's nothing unispiring about Orks

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

<That same joke everybody makes>

Cool though, thanks for sharing. ;)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wazzu posted:

Not even close to ground up. But reasonably re-written.....

And then new fascinating bullshit rules introduced as a result! Simplified leadership system could have been a way to keep hordes under control, but then they added a million exceptions so it does nothing, strategems grew out of control and so many are overpowered, still a lack of balancing points where required, knights are apparently balanced in a way that's anti-fun in casual, and it still isn't the best tactical game. Improvements, but I'm not sure why you'd play it over the alternatives out there.

I haven't actually played since fifth :shrug:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Wazzu posted:

Improvements, but I'm not sure why you'd play it over the alternatives out there.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Improbable Lobster posted:

I haven't actually played since fifth :shrug:

Played?

There's a game?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I haven't played since 4th :colbert:

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Gotta love that anti-air chainsaw...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

:eyepop:

hope there's a potato in there

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

As he mowed down the pathetic mewling creatures before him, the ancient T’omaz grinned. He had done it. He was finally a really useful engine.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm ready to play 40k again

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Plaguebearers on a budget
https://yaktribe.games/community/media/albums/plaguebearers-on-budget-first-batch-of-5-models.2665/
https://yaktribe.games/community/media/albums/plaguebearers-on-budget-second-batch-of-15-models.2681/

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Not a fan of the first set but I actually really like the grimey undersea daemons.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

PierreTheMime posted:

As he mowed down the pathetic mewling creatures before him, the ancient T’omaz grinned. He had done it. He was finally a really useful engine.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

PierreTheMime posted:

Not a fan of the first set but I actually really like the grimey undersea daemons.

Agreed. That's actually a new and interesting take and that makes me forgive the earlier stuff as someone learning their style.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Wrong thread

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Booley posted:

Wrong thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Booley posted:

Wrong thread

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

My only goal now is to make my own dwarf knight. If I had previous plans, they were made by an incorrect life I no longer maintain.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Squats are back, bitch

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's silly, but it's well executed and not a Nazi.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So that's what a scrunt on HGH and anabolic steroids looks like

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's silly, but it's well executed and not a Nazi.

It 100% owns

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WAAAAGHHH! BOSS I'Z TRYNA STOMP AROUND BUT I'Z DUMMY THICC AND DA KLAP OF MY rear end ROKKITS KEEPS ALERTIN DA GUARD.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Trying to think of a list of GW models that would not be improved by the addition of luxurious beards and coming up blank.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

grassy gnoll posted:

Trying to think of a list of GW models that would not be improved by the addition of luxurious beards and coming up blank.

I'm imagining an army of the most problematic, cringy slanesh models, all with big luxurious beards.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

grassy gnoll posted:

i was gonna say the cute little snail bit from the bretonnian peasants kit, but then realized i was wrong

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Well if the Tyranids devoured the Squats, and they absorb the genetic material, then... hmmm

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hooman posted:

WAAAAGHHH! BOSS I'Z TRYNA STOMP AROUND BUT I'Z DUMMY THICC AND DA KLAP OF MY rear end ROKKITS KEEPS ALERTIN DA GUARD.

Laughed pretty hard at this

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Lol why

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why not?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

its bad

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Moola posted:

its bad

its rad

Adbot