Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Xenocides posted:

Fun Mudd Facts:

There were plans for a third Mudd episode. They also considered bringing Mudd back as one of the cryogenically frozen passengers in "The Neutral Zone" in TNG which would have been brilliant. They also considered having him show up in "The Voyage Home" as a character witness in Kirk's trial.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'"

The Mudd character was also changed into a Bajoran woman in the JJ-verse comics:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Cardassian slave girls

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Xenocides posted:

Fun Mudd Facts:

There were plans for a third Mudd episode. They also considered bringing Mudd back as one of the cryogenically frozen passengers in "The Neutral Zone" in TNG which would have been brilliant. They also considered having him show up in "The Voyage Home" as a character witness in Kirk's trial.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'"

omg why did you tell me this :negative:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cythereal posted:

Remember that this guy is now a mass murderer.

Yeah but it all got undone by the time loop so it doesn't count.

Except the space whale, I guess.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Reginod fucks.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Kharnifex posted:

Reginod fucks.

That Pakled "packs lead," iykwim

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I just bought a month of Showtime through Amazon to watch the new season of Billions, because I like Billions. Now I'm looking at what movies you can watch with a Showtime subscription and

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I just bought a month of Showtime through Amazon to watch the new season of Billions, because I like Billions. Now I'm looking at what movies you can watch with a Showtime subscription and

The '80s was a dark time, dude

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bogus Adventure posted:

The Mudd character was also changed into a Bajoran woman in the JJ-verse comics:

What in tarnation.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chomp8645 posted:

What in tarnation.

It was supposed to explain why the Enterprise had a ship from "the Mudd incident" in Into Darkness, IIRC

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Well, a lot of young fans were apparently terrified by WUB WUB WUB probe thing.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bogus Adventure posted:

It was supposed to explain why the Enterprise had a ship from "the Mudd incident" in Into Darkness, IIRC

The JJ-verse is a cancer on the colon of Star Trek. It needs to be forgotten, not accommodated or explained.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CaptainSkinny posted:

Preparing and eating bugs seems in line with Louisiana cooking.

Yeah anybody eating crawfish has no reason to look down on Ferengi. I refuese to believe the first white dude to pull a crawfish out the swamp and eat it did it for any reason but desperation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blistex posted:

The JJ-verse is a cancer on the colon of Star Trek. It needs to be forgotten, not accommodated or explained.

Well...

Uh...

Hmm....

:agreed:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Kharnifex posted:

Reginod fucks.

We look for things. Things that make us gooooo. :wink:

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I liked Beyond. Pegg seems to have grasped the basic thematics, Though really, Kirk should have tried a bit harder to stun and take the bad guy at the end alive. Certainly it was more fun and way less miserable than Into Darkness. And it wasn't written by a dipshit idiot 9/11 truther like ID was.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wish they hadn't forgot transporters exist in the finale

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Somebody at showtime has done a bit too much LDS.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Universe Master posted:

Somebody at showtime has done a bit too much LDS.

I’M ALL hosed UP ON MORMONS, BOYS!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I wish they hadn't forgot transporters exist in the finale

half of the tension in star trek revolves around 'how do we temporarily remove the many instant fixes available'

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

More hammer punches in all forms of star trek media please

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bogus Adventure posted:

That doesn't even make sense. His birth pre-dates when the timelines split.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blistex posted:

Well it’s basically dead at this point so you may get your wish

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

That doesn't even make sense. His birth pre-dates when the timelines split.

:agreed:

They didn't really care, though. The JJ-verse was all about easter eggs and other dumb references, like Pike saying "punch it" to go to warp speed, or McCoy using tribbles to experiment with Khan's blood.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Bogus Adventure posted:

Star Trek is now all about easter eggs and other dumb references

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tighclops posted:

All media everywhere is now all about easter eggs and other dumb references

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I just want Star Trek to be fun and less depressing. Add in the clowns from Space Station 13 and see what happens.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How about space station 31

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Starbase 13, which blows up every episode

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Deep Space 69

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

That holoprogram was private :mad:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
STD

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
sonic movie maker but for star trek

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Quicksilver6 posted:

I just want Star Trek to be fun and less depressing. Add in the clowns from Space Station 13 and see what happens.

we already have them, it's called the current writing staff for star trek.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm getting drunk as hell and watching Voyage Home tonight.

It was my favorite Star Trek movie as a child. I was a pretty stupid child.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

34:35 - Holy poo poo this movie is awesome, 8 year old me was right!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Whale probe making freaky noises scared me shitless as a kid

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Voyage Home isn't a terrible movie. The plot is a little hokey but it's no worse than anything from TOS. The biggest problem to me is that it just feels cheap (because it is) and the music score is really bad except for that punk song on the bus.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm in the sludgy middle part where they're looking for directions and fighting punks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Voyage Home rules and it's no coincidence that it was the highest grossing TOS movie, and adjusted for inflation, in the top 5 of all Trek movies.