Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I meant kick from the game, but I like the way you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

I meant kick from the game, but I like the way you think

open the console and type votekick "name", or if the person has a hosed up/truncated name, you can type "playerlist" and then votekick the 1-2 digit number listed next to their name.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Suddenly, update

https://steamcommunity.com/games/629760/announcements/

EDIT: They re-buffed shields :psyduck:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 8, 2019

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Nordick posted:

Suddenly, update

https://steamcommunity.com/games/629760/announcements/

EDIT: They re-buffed shields :psyduck:

Arming sword buff is live. :getin:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Rocks down to 1 point!!!!!!! all is good in the world

and new map!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Telltolin posted:

Arming sword buff is live. :getin:

Along with a bastard sword buff :getin:

Also:

quote:

Added client side chat mutes to context menu (normal mute - completely silences player, motivational mute - replaces user's next messages with motivational quotes)
loving :lol:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I really hope you can melee and throw with the Javelin, if it's just a really expensive throwing only weapon then that removes half the point of Javelin gameplay :ohdear:

"Axe that can also repair things" looks cool though :buddy: I wonder if it can pry me away from pairing the toolkit and blacksmith hammer with the Arming sword?

The biggest headscratcher on the patch notes to me is this one.

quote:

Leg damage increased across the board - this is slight for armored legs and significant for tier 1 legs, which are now like the torso counterpart in HTK

So... Were executioner sword users getting too angry at not bagging kills with "only" 60 damage to T1 legs? Or what?

Holy gently caress that bardiche buff to make it one shot kill vs bare legs though, I am highly biased towards the bardiche :circlefap:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I like all the changes.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Section Z posted:

I really hope you can melee and throw with the Javelin, if it's just a really expensive throwing only weapon then that removes half the point of Javelin gameplay :ohdear:

Edit: no melee or block at all. However, you can reload them at ammo supplies.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice patch. Motivational mute lol

Wonder what is funland

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Section Z posted:

"Axe that can also repair things" looks cool though :buddy: I wonder if it can pry me away from pairing the toolkit and blacksmith hammer with the Arming sword?

So... Were executioner sword users getting too angry at not bagging kills with "only" 60 damage to T1 legs? Or what?

Holy gently caress that bardiche buff to make it one shot kill vs bare legs though, I am highly biased towards the bardiche :circlefap:

I wager it's more to make more than 1 leg armor necessary for more builds. Frontline has so many with 0 or 1, then the 3/3/3 folk

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I wager it's more to make more than 1 leg armor necessary for more builds. Frontline has so many with 0 or 1, then the 3/3/3 folk
I did a quick peek and it seems (at a glance) that every normal weapon two hit kills Vs T1 legs right now, until you get to 1 point weapons/Warhammer (Cleaver still two hit's vs T1 legs though. And the arming sword reserves it's double tap vs legs to it's thrust.).

I suspect, the most vocal takeaway from this will be "How dare these rapiers and short spears stab me in the knees twice to kill me :argh: (Yes I know you killed me with the Arming sword and Estoc, who cares?)". While the most amusing will be an increase on all the people I kill thanks to them spaming jump, and responding like malfunctioning robots "It let's you dodge low swings!" when I joke that jumping never works.

Also man, someone on the dev team REALLY wants the warhammer to be some kind of wacky gimmick weapon. The 2 point axe still gets to look smug about it's 36 damage vs full plate to the Warhammer's 35. "Don't worry, Warhammer. You do better damage against helmets!... Oh, looks like they took away your combos in that mode? That's rough buddy."

Heads up to fellow Bardiche fans. Looks like the instant kill vs bare legs is ONLY in it's alternate long range grip.

The heavy axe looks pretty interesting. It's got the blacksmith hammer's repair value, and the axe part his real loving hard for 3 points, joining the decaps vs hats club... But only the Maul has a longer windup speed :v: Which also goes for it's hammer side. Repairs are gonna be slooooooow with this thing, but oh man if you land those hits.

EDIT: The heavy hand axe's spike is not for show. Two hit kills vs T2 chainmail :stare:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 8, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Not a huge fan of the new Crossroads map. Horses are super annoying there. So many of my deaths were due to horses or falling.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Phlegmish posted:

Not a huge fan of the new Crossroads map. Horses are super annoying there.

Yup. Very first game I played on it I spawned in to literally every horse in the game on the enemy team in our spawn.

The middle is very fun but I didn't want another map that sometimes ends up "enemy team has a million horses and you have to play billhook or something to get anywhere"

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can just ignore all the horses on crossroads since the main battles are all up in the peter pan treehouse in the middle

total joke of a map, like I could make this while drunk with an editor, but it's fun and basically a dream for shenanigans with firepots/smoke/spikewalls/balistas etc

I can't wait until they put it on rotation on my fav 64p servers where people aren't just running around brainlessly all the time

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Section Z posted:

The heavy axe looks pretty interesting. It's got the blacksmith hammer's repair value, and the axe part his real loving hard for 3 points, joining the decaps vs hats club... But only the Maul has a longer windup speed :v: Which also goes for it's hammer side. Repairs are gonna be slooooooow with this thing, but oh man if you land those hits.

I am using it as a secondary on my short spear build, it's basically a mini-maul. You can drag/accel to catch people by surprise (until everyone gets used to it eventually) plus of course it hits like a truck and once you beheaded everyone you can slowly repair the walls or whatever :D just... don't miss

Played one frontline match in the new map, and it would seem pretty balanced since it's basically a big open field with a half ruined fort in the middle, hard to screw that up :v: horse players can have their fun outside while melee people maim each other in the fort! And the reduction in horse speed when it bumps someone is kinda noticeable, if a horsemen whacks one person it's no big deal but you can't trample 3-4 people at the same time anymore without getting slowed down enough to be dragged down and murdered

Also, awesome that they'd put the patch out on a saturday so we can play it during the weekend :)

p.s. I'm a stupid, so bear with me - does strike release increased mean that the "damage" window after windup and before recovery lasts more?

Edit: holy poo poo did not realize this at first :aaa: I have never ever been on first place towards the end of a round until today, so I definitely approve of the new map :black101: (game ended like 1 minute later and I didn't get any more screens, so not sure if I kept first position or not, but I like to dream :v: ) this new "if you do 75+ damage but someone else gets the final shot, you still get the kill" helps :D

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 8, 2019

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Late to the dolly dress up axe man posting,

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

They buffed light armor, ranger, arming sword, and the recurve bow?

If they just threw in a fire pot buff I'd have had Yahtzee.

edit:

Section Z posted:

I'm pretty sure this is to make leg armor more valuable because very few people take more than light

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 8, 2019

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
New map is fire pot heaven, its impossible to do anything because people on both teams just bathe the bridges in fire and they're always next to supplies

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Jarmak posted:

They buffed light armor, ranger, arming sword, and the recurve bow?

If they just threw in a fire pot buff I'd have had Yahtzee.

edit:

I'm pretty sure this is to make leg armor more valuable because very few people take more than light

BUT now light armor is faster than before, so

:fuckoff: 1/1/1 maul + bloodlust

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

dogstile posted:

New map is fire pot heaven, its impossible to do anything because people on both teams just bathe the bridges in fire and they're always next to supplies

It really is a map that was seemingly designed to be as unfun as possible for those who just want to melee fight. I know I'm a grouch but it gets a thumbs down from me

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I haven't played the new map enough to have firm opinions about it yet, other than my framerate turns to poo poo whenever I'm outside the fort, and that's disappointing. I was really looking forward to having a map (other than Camp) where my horse killing skills would really shine, but honestly, for as many horses are on the map, they're kind of useless. I like fighting over the tower, and I love being able to kick people off high places to their doom. I also appreciate all the ammo boxes because I can fill my bandages up constantly, which allows me to stay alive until I decide to do something stupid.

This next opinion may change as I play longer, but I'm going to make the prediction that bloodlust + rush + swinging wildly is going to be the flavor of the month for awhile. The speed buff to low armor, and the nerfs to stab-dragging makes it a bit powerful than it was before. I used to be kryptonite to those guys as it was fairly easy to pop them in the face with my billhook with a little stab and wiggle, but the window on that has tightened up significantly. There was a guy doing it with a Longsword earlier, which wasn't a weapon I had previously associated with that technique, and he was just destroying people, including me.

The buff to damage to low armored legs is a loving gift though. I love taking legs out so so much.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
After another 10~ games, I feel like this map is built to troll horse players. The team with more horses is at a huge disadvantage because anything they do doesn't matter at all.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
New handaxe is pretty fun. It sure is excruciatingly slow if you find yourself in a 1v1 situation. At least the stab is pretty quick and does ok damage.

I'm holding out opinion on the new map as well, but so far it's a resounding...ehhh. Firepot spam inside and horselords outside. At least the changes to Taiga have seemed to save that map from the one round I played.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Avynte posted:

I'm holding out opinion on the new map as well, but so far it's a resounding...ehhh. Firepot spam inside and horselords outside. At least the changes to Taiga have seemed to save that map from the one round I played.

My experience on Taiga was two of the most one sided games I have ever played, with 600 or 700 tickets left on blue. I'm hoping it'll even out a bit when people get used to it.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
New map is a little rough but has a lot of potential. A king of the hill style objective with a lot of verticality is a cool idea for this game. I can see how it can become completely unplayable the moment people start breaking out the fire pots, though.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I don’t know how exactly but I think it should be clearer that you can cap the central point on the ground level, not just up in the top of the treehouse.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

told you the next update was a big one

not a big fan of the silence but if this is the result we get I'm down

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
After playing the new map what seems like 10 times in a row i'm 100% in favour of them just nuking it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

strangely enough this is not the map we've already seen screenshots of. That map is a sunny, pleasant port town. This might have actually be someone's side project they pushed them to finish for a real release, or something they made quickly.

Anyone know what the actual Taiga changes are?

hold the gently caress up this new map is just Horsefield with a tower. This is the secret horse map.. So is Funland going to be a secret preview of the next map?

e: the glancing blow buffs have done a lot to curb the chivalry-style seizure movements. Good patch.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 8, 2019

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I feel like maybe they should do public beta tests instead of using private groups of people who are all 10x better than the average player :shrug:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogstile posted:

After playing the new map what seems like 10 times in a row i'm 100% in favour of them just nuking it.

Ya this map is absolutely trash, but it’s also kinda hilarious. Reminds me of like a bonus level in street fighter where you’re just punching a car.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAardvark posted:

I feel like maybe they should do public beta tests instead of using private groups of people who are all 10x better than the average player :shrug:

Yeah they really cator to their core poopsock friends a bit too much.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Why aren't bots available for the skirmish mode? It doesn't seem like it would be any harder for them than any of the other modes that do have bots?

edit: you have to add them through the console because reasons

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 8, 2019

timn
Mar 16, 2010

soy posted:

Yeah they really cator to their core poopsock friends a bit too much.

What exactly is prompting this sentiment? Nothing in the patch is really controversial except maybe the shield and kick changes.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I really like the new map.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Commoners posted:

I appreciate that it ends ~ 1000x faster than some of the other maps.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Heavy Hand Axe super good. The stab is beast.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Commoners posted:

It's very fun most of the time, and incredibly not fun when there are a lot of fire pot players. I don't think I've been team killed as many times in the time since the game started as I have been on this one single map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

timn posted:

What exactly is prompting this sentiment? Nothing in the patch is really controversial except maybe the shield and kick changes.

I think it's less about this patch and more in general. Chivalry was the same way, IIRC torn banner was heavily influenced for balance/content changes by a small cabal of competitive esports turbonerds