Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
The unofficial stitcher rss feed hasn't worked in a little bit for me. Anyone else? And when I went to the website it's down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Flaskraven posted:

The unofficial stitcher rss feed hasn't worked in a little bit for me. Anyone else? And when I went to the website it's down.

Just checked it and a few feeds, works for me https://stitcher-rss.128.io/

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Flaskraven posted:

its been the same for me, but it works fine for my PODCAST FRIEND who i talk to about podcasts and they were like "hm my feed works for some reason"

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Snooze Cruise posted:

its been the same for me, but it works fine for my PODCAST FRIEND who i talk to about podcasts and they were like "hm my feed works for some reason"

It worked for me when I turned on my vpn. For some reason I couldn't go on the website otherwise. Same with my phone.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The promo for How Did This Get Played? is out there and heck, I gotta say I'm looking forward to hearing Nick "Hentai is fine" Wiger talk about visual novels.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drat the guest on this week’s episode of HH is amazingly unfunny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

fadam posted:

ok

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Huh? She was heaps of fun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Teenage Fansub posted:

Huh? She was heaps of fun.

agreed but there was probably some cardinal funny rule that she broke that we are totally not aware of

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Good guest, good ep.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

fadam posted:

Achoo

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I'm smart enough that I just got this weird feeling that she didn't really get the show

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Do me a favor. How 'bout you miss me with that bullshit.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like when guests play along even if they don't come in with an understanding of the show. She was very good and I had a lot of fun listening to the episode. A good ep in my opinion.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I honestly considered going back and listening again after the revelation that her headphones were off the whole time

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
...pretty sure that was a joke. Or am I the dumb one?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I honestly can't tell whether or not she could hear Kevin or the stuff he was playing, but I think the rest of it was a bit.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

...pretty sure that was a joke. Or am I the dumb one?

Only the best comedy leaves you wondering if it was a joke...

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Hence the point of the theoretical relisten, to parse precisely what she could and could not hear

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the flagrant ones is gonna be so great during the offseason

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drat, looking forward to stephen malkmus on hollywood handbook, even if sean thought it didn't go well

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

stephen malkmus on hollywood handbook

Whoa.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Very good thread

https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/1136678378218516480

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I did not expect a reference to Hollywood Handbook on the Wikipedia page of an author I'm reading for school.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I mean with a name like Hayes Davenport of course he was a Harvard Legacy.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It must be so easy to get a job when your can just call your cronies

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
On PocketCasts now, whenever I subscribe to a new show it automatically puts all of its episodes in my Unplayed/Audio/Downloaded filters. How on earth do I stop this? I have to go through and archive like 100 episodes every time just to have a clean list of my actual unplayed episodes and it's a huge pain. It did not used to do this.

e: Okay I found the "Archive All" feature, but I'd prefer to find a setting that makes it not happen in the first place.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 10, 2019

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't think there is a way to make it not do that besides the Archive All, but if you figure it out please also let me know.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I love Action Boyz. Their trump digressions in this waterworld episode make me laugh so much. It’s my favorite patreon podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

I love Action Boyz. Their trump digressions in this waterworld episode make me laugh so much. It’s my favorite patreon podcast.

I've only heard the first 45 minutes or so but the bit where Ryan told Stone "You can swear on here" and you can hear the "Is my Dad tricking me?" hesitation in his voice was a delight. Take that kid to Universal, I've only seen the Waterworld stunt show via YouTube but it rules, he'd eat it up.

EDIT: Rodgers repeatedly arguing that the Deacon and the Smokers are the good guys is peak Ben Rodgers

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 11, 2019

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

It's my favorite podcast at the moment. I'm slipping behind all my other ones, just knocking these out. I only know _of_ most of these movies as a kid, hadn't thought of them in decades. Watched Hard Target the other night, and that movie completely blew me away. It's been a great experience.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

ManoliIsFat posted:

It's my favorite podcast at the moment. I'm slipping behind all my other ones, just knocking these out.

Samezies.

And I have to take back something I said about Gabrus. While he's terrible at most impressions, his Stallone is OK.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Stephen Malkmus being the HH guest is awesome enough but having Brett be the engineer for it really pushes it over the top.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it a bad ep? Sean talking about it on The Flagrant Ones kinda put me off

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm about halfway and it's not awful, but it's certainly not a part of their recent hot streak.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked it better than most of the recent episodes, Brett kinda took over the role of "industry expert who is actually a huge dipshit" but he played it well. I've learned to ignore when the boys say an episode didn't work because they tend to be hypercritical of it, I can't remember many episodes they specifically say were good.

That being said I'm excited for Hayes to be back.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I was so happy that Sean brought up Pavement's appearance as "The Beatles" on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Malkmus: "I was offended...to be associated with such a limp act."
Brett: "Yeah, they suck."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This episode rules. If you had to compare Hollywood Handbook's sensibility to a rock band... there's not much of a closer match than Pavement.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Sean is obviously nervous and trying to go through some ideas he had. I feel him, American Water is probably my all-time favorite record, I've got a Pavement tattoo. But I thought it was a pretty great ep: dude was game and kinda opened himself more than he's traditionally known to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1mKiQbi4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I never thought I'd hear Sean speculating to one of my musical idols that he prefers tittyfucking but here we are