Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flesh Forge posted:

It sounds like you mean Katie Holmes as an example, did you? What makes you think she stopped being lovely/deserves reintegration? It looks to me like her preferred re-integration is to get a job in social media again, which I think should be a pretty serious non starter but that's me.

That's Katie McHugh you fuckin dunce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

this article sucks man i thought everyone got sick of random puff-pieces about some 22 year old internet nazi in Shitfuck MI. years ago

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Silly Hyena posted:

i don't care about imaginary rape nazis invent for themselves to be victimised by, go figure

You sayin' she's lying about her rape and abuse my man

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

Grondoth posted:

You sayin' she's lying about her rape and abuse my man

wouldn't be the biggest lie she's told tbh, don't see why it's a stretch for someone who lied about the SLPC hiring domestic terrorists and illegal voting blocks of blacks and hispanics shipped from abroad, funded by the democratic party

maybe we should take her advice if we're trusting her all of a sudden lol, here's an article she wrote about rape claims https://dailycaller.com/2014/01/29/psychologist-colleges-foster-environments-actively-hostile-toward-men/

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm willing to believe Katie McHugh.

1) It exposes additional nazis that she associated with.
2) It tracks with what we know about the alt-right and misogyny.
3) It doesn't absolve her of her lovely beliefs that she held before.

I'm also willing to ignore Silly Hyena

1) Dude posts like Dongicus
2) Seems like a piece of poo poo.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
oh boy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Silly Hyena posted:

this article sucks man i thought everyone got sick of random puff-pieces about some 22 year old internet nazi in Shitfuck MI. years ago

as a lot of people pointed out it's weird how these articles act as if the kid was perfect before the algorithm.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1137407047778127872

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the problem with reintegration of ex-fascists over the internet is that it's impossible for a sane person to believe that an internet fascist has stopped being fascist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The bar should be set at killing one of your former nazi friends, but not one you would have any other reason to kill.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

Groovelord Neato posted:

as a lot of people pointed out it's weird how these articles act as if the kid was perfect before the algorithm.

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1137407047778127872

isnt the obvious answer a mix of normal human mental development (dumb teen/early 20s finally getting into the actually thinking part of life but being bad at it) and also a massive void of anything intellectual in education and mass media that most people experience. people fall for the first thing that tries to convince them with arguments rather than just being obvious partisan political poo poo or authoritarian lecturing

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

but it happened with boomers and am radio/fox news. it's not some new thing really.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LordSaturn posted:

the problem with reintegration of ex-fascists over the internet is that it's impossible for a sane person to believe that an internet fascist has stopped being fascist

Nah people do get out

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

but it happened with boomers and am radio/fox news. it's not some new thing really.

The shift back left is though, at least when it's faciittated by the same medium. There's no lefty AM radio dragging boomers back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I wish Stephen Crowder would get punched in the face again

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

tbh online leftists haven't really figured out what it means to reintegrate lovely people once they stop being lovely which probably should be a discussion we have at some point.

Rehabilitation through labor is a timeless remedy, friend.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Hey so I'm looking for an article that describes how /pol/ and whatnot coordinate to intentionally spread disinformation about poo poo.

I could have sword I had it handy but I guess not. Perhaps I'm thinking of things like "The Card Says Moops"...

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The shift back left is though, at least when it's faciittated by the same medium. There's no lefty AM radio dragging boomers back

yeah that's what cultists need, a new cult to follow that's exactly the same but with a smiley face on it

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Silly Hyena posted:

yeah that's what cultists need, a new cult to follow that's exactly the same but with a smiley face on it

Lets see...

-dismissive regarding racism
-dismissive toward rape claims
-classist attitude toward modes of communication

So Bob, what exactly would you say you.... do here at left wing inc?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grape posted:

Lets see...

-dismissive regarding racism
-dismissive toward rape claims
-classist attitude toward modes of communication

So Bob, what exactly would you say you.... do here at left wing inc?

silly strikes me as an 19th century liberal if anything

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
"huh you seem to be very skeptical of upper class self-described "alt-right stars" who make a living from editorial positions at the daily caller and breitbart... not very leftist pal....."

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
"weird that people come to the altright thread... and dont believe the altright people in them.......... its like theyre liberals ........... a true leftist would of course believe the nazi when they call wolf for the fiftieth time...."

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah people do get out

I said sane

Silly Hyena posted:

"huh you seem to be very skeptical of upper class self-described "alt-right stars" who make a living from editorial positions at the daily caller and breitbart... not very leftist pal....."

Silly Hyena posted:

"weird that people come to the altright thread... and dont believe the altright people in them.......... its like theyre liberals ........... a true leftist would of course believe the nazi when they call wolf for the fiftieth time...."

lol at this guy tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silly Hyena posted:

Yeah man the left is exactly the same as the people advocating for killing the undesirables

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silly Hyena posted:

Which altright people do you think are in this thread

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Which altright people do you think are in this thread

katy mchugh

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Silly Hyena posted:

katy mchugh

Ok so what were the other times she cried wolf where wolf in this analogy is "said she was raped"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

lol at this guy tho

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Reclines Obesily posted:

lol, destiny in a nyt article. some are gonna love that

https://twitter.com/FarLeftWatch/status/1133390065466527749

lol is that destiny

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ok so what were the other times she cried wolf where wolf in this analogy is "said she was raped"

depends do you include the bit where she was talking about a completely made up gang rape epidemic that came from muslims being let into the us, which breitbart fired her for because it was too racist

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

hmm how could anyone think this person would use lies about rape to further their career????? how can you not believe this nazi?????????????????

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

No poo poo, that's what I said :confused:

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

No poo poo, that's what I said :confused:

dont listen to benghazi 2 they're a fuckin idiot lol, absolute wokeazoid about believing nazis because it's the feminist thing to do but isn't above yelling at women telling them to "gently caress off oval office"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah, uh, we are not posting bros forum user Silly Hyena

E: to spell this out real clear, No Comment on her being raped at some point in her past, rape talk is all you dudes.

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Jun 9, 2019

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

It is possible for former Nazis to genuinely repent and make amends - but at the same time, it's quite fair for people to say "I'll need to see some proof before I can believe it". People are going to need years, quite honestly, to be able to trust the repentance of someone who was involved to that extent. And some people never will, and will say "better safe than sorry". And that's fair too.

But we shouldn't accuse someone of lying about being raped, not if we're normally going about saying "women should be believed". Besides, I don't personally consider it hard to believe that some of the Nazi men are horrible rapists, and we know full well that they're barely any kinder to women on their own side than to any other women.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
*galaxy brain centrist take but its possible to believe that she was raped and also not give a poo poo because shes nazi scum

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wait, are you saying forums user uncurable mlady is literally Katie Holmes?

Ahahaha McHugh yeah that was pretty goddamn dumb

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Jun 9, 2019

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Sir Tonk posted:

lol is that destiny

feelin lucky, punk?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Silly Hyena posted:

hmm how could anyone think this person would use lies about rape to further their career????? how can you not believe this nazi?????????????????

European arrivals sure as hell did not assimilate to the native American way of life, for the most part.

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014

Jollity Farm posted:

It is possible for former Nazis to genuinely repent and make amends - but at the same time, it's quite fair for people to say "I'll need to see some proof before I can believe it". People are going to need years, quite honestly, to be able to trust the repentance of someone who was involved to that extent. And some people never will, and will say "better safe than sorry". And that's fair too.

But we shouldn't accuse someone of lying about being raped, not if we're normally going about saying "women should be believed". Besides, I don't personally consider it hard to believe that some of the Nazi men are horrible rapists, and we know full well that they're barely any kinder to women on their own side than to any other women.

Nah gently caress her, she's abusing her stated belief that calling rape is a political and career move and rarely true. If she legitimately thought that just saying what the news org wants to hear, which is her saying "btw rape happened and it was horrible but i don't have any circumstantial evidence so just take my word lol" about someone who ended her career after the alleged rapes happened, then she wouldn't have hounded rape victims and called them liars. She wouldn't have professed to her readers that rape victims shouldn't be believed without overwhelming proof. She wouldn't have lied time and time again over everything from "inner-city crime" to muslim rape conspiracies. And if she did expect people to swallow her bullshit? She'd either walk back anything she made a buck off selling to the public, or she'd make drat sure she'd have something more than just saying she was raped once as a complement to some puff piece years later.

Spergin Morlock posted:

European arrivals sure as hell did not assimilate to the native American way of life, for the most part.

bold of you not to believe women about rape, mysoginist.....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Silly Hyena posted:

bold of you not to believe women about rape, mysoginist.....

your posting sucks and not in the good poo poo-posting way